Streamyx Internet disruption (17-21 Feb)

Just in case people wondering about the recent net slowdown:

INTERNET SERVICES DISRUPTION DUE TO CABLE WORKS ON APCN2

Telekom Malaysia Berhad ™ wishes to announce that its consortium members have detected cable faults on the Asia-Pacific Cable Network 2 (APCN2) submarine cable network linking Malaysia and North Asia. The consortium will be carrying out repair works on site on Thursday, 17 February 2011 and the works are expected to be completed on Monday, 21 February 2011.

TM has taken pro-active steps to minimize service degradation by diverting traffic to other networks to reduce congestion, thus, minimizing the impact to our users.

However, despite these initiatives, customers using Internet nationwide may experience some degree of service degradation during the restoration process.

Internet users may experience slow browsing and high latency while accessing international websites hosted in North Asia. Customers using Virtual Private Network (VPN) and other critical business applications linked to North Asia may also experience some level of service degradation.

TM shall provide necessary updates on the progress of the restoration works, and would like to elicit feedback from our customers on the quality of service experienced.

We apologize for any inconveniences caused by this disruption, whilst at the same time, would like to assure customers that we are undertaking all necessary measures to ensure that customers experience uninterrupted service.

TM wishes to thank its customers for their understanding and patience during the affected period. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to email us at help@tm.com.my for TM fixed line and Streamyx customers and [url=unifi@tm.com.my]unifi@tm.com.my for UniFi customers.

http://www.tm.com.my/about-tm/media-cen … Feb11.aspx

No wonder… Yesterday having hard time to download custom ROMs for my Android…

Today seems better but not maxed speed… only around 90-100kbps… normal should 150-160kbps :frowning:

No wonder my internet putus - putus…

Mine also “putus-putus”.

My mum kept asking if I had blocked the Internet to prevent her from watching Bintang & Kejora. :stuck_out_tongue:

Internet here gets frequent choking. I guess it’s this?

No wonder, I kept disconnecting EVERY 4 MINUTES

Mine’s worst…disconnect almost every minutes…
i felt like wanna dail 100…

ACPN2? If i recall correctly, that cable was damaged during taiwan earthquake last time. I can still remember the damn choke/lagg/etc when accessing foreign server. Now, the question, what the heck tm is doing? I thought they have another backup called Asia-America Gateway (AAG)? Even logging in facebook also hard currently.

Streamyx Internet disruption from 17-21 feb?Not every day for the past how many years always got problem kah…zzz

choke, choke, choke… :evil:

After my upgrade since 6 months ago. My connection has been choppy. Connecting a few minutes then cut off till I restart my CPU. For six month I have been tweaking the settings and hardware. I complain to TM. They said that too many ppl online and downloading in one area. So my upgrade is just like 1+2=1. I ask them to terminate my subscription because it doesn’t have the speed as advertised and it cost much more. But they said I still have contract for another 6 months.
Last month I got a new wifi-router. The cutting off have been minimized to 98%, which is 1 or 2 times per week. I wonder anyone who have taken the wifi router and wireless phone package have this problem. My friends in other area have not experienced this but only decrease speed on some time of the day.

So no thanks to streamyx, I am back to square one.

no wonder my internet keep disconnecting…even my download oso wont move, fastest speed only 2-5kbps

lucky for me, not facing any problem here.

wow streamyx hot topic, well why not complain to 100. Let them settle ur problem, i have been using streamyx almost 3 years and no problem at all.

http://s.lowyat.net/style_emoticons/default/doh.gif This Disruption is due to underwater cable, call streamyx helpline and 100 also no use. Unless the helpdesk/technical there willing to diving her/himself to repair the cable. http://s.lowyat.net/style_emoticons/default/doh.gif