So, who are the photographers here?

Hey there.
happen to have found you all by accident!

Just wondering whos the photographers here could do with a couple of kaki’s to talk photos/cameras etc

ahhhh, so this is where you guys are. thanks for the redirection :slight_smile:

hi wiredworm, welcome to the forums.

we have quite a few good photographers here - they just aren’t around at the moment. probably still hung over from christmas :stuck_out_tongue:

Enjoy the forum!

hey wiredworm!

Welcome to the forums!
I like taking pictures myself…just an ameteur tho…but it’s my hobby…

I use an old Canon Powershot A80…it has served me well!
My flickr is at http://www.flickr.com/photos/jiaren

Most of the pictures I took with that camera except for some in the last couple of pages when I got to borrow my sister’s DSLR…

So what camera are you using? btw, I jsut checked ur website…at first I was like “what?” then I clicked on the links and voila! those are some pretty good shots…and I like the transition from one photo to another…cool…

Check out the rest of the forum, explore and have fun!

hello wiredworm, welcome to Miricom!

Do you count anyone who use camera as a photographer?

I take photograph occasionally. Still dunno how to use camera very well. Not owning a DSLR but a simple point and shot only. My camera is cheaper Canon brand but dunno what model…

hey huasing? upload anyphotos online??? if not get a flickr account then can exchange comments!

Hi wiredworm. We do have some photo kakis here who are into camera, lens and other related stuffs. We also meet up once in a while for photo outings, which supposed to be today but was cancelled due to the bad weather last night. Enjoy your stayand do post your photos in this forums for all of us to enjoy and learn.

flickr - got wrong spelling kah? what is that?

I only got setup my own webserver in my dorm. Do I still need to upload?
I’m using Coppermine Photo Gallery with loose permission on the comment, I had spam once a while and I dunno who’s the ■■■■■■■ with local IPs…

Dunno can consider me a photo kaki or not coz I dun have a DSLR…
I’m not sure about lens but I ever use magnifying glass to take photo, does that count?..

Doesn’t have to be a dslr owner to be a photokaki. I have seen photos taken with a p&s that are way much better than some taken with a dslr.

= deleted with apology =

hi wiredworm,

i’m not a photographer but a photo enthusiast.I used to meet up some photo kakis here including relaxjack.We actually plan to visit Lambir yesterday but too bad due to some personal reason,i need to cancel the trip.

If u are interested,drop me or relaxjack a message,u re most wellcome to join us. :smiley:

its a site to upload photos lar…its not wrong…chaeck out my profile…a few posts up…

whats the link for ur site…?

thanks…just ahappened to be at the right place at the right time…but you should take a look at relaxjack’s photos…

do you upload photos?

= deleted with apology =

zTiLaSo, just so that you’d know, simply scanning the images to digital isn’t enough, sometimes the photos had to be enhanced in terms of color and fix up the scratches on its surface and misc. other touch ups. (Sometimes a high-res scan will show a huge scratch on your photo where the naked eye can’t see.

If it’s simply to scan to digital, you’d probably not be happy with the results.

(I should know, because I do this dirty work)

btw, congratulations on your Mac purchase and your first step out of the mainstream.

ztilaso: my site is confusing? hmm… i only remember having flickr and photobucket account and they are not really that confusing. Anyway, digital photography is the way to go if you intend to restart your hobby. Some skills in photochop will come in handy too.

= deleted with apology =

zTiLaSo,

If you’ve used GIMP before, you’ll definitely like Photoshop (after you get used to where what are placed - as they all seem to be opposite to GIMP). I actually liked Photoshop’s function placements and shortcuts so much, if I go back to GIMP I would be going for GIMPShop, a GIMP in disguise with Photoshop’s outfit.

Hello everbody,
So this is where some of the photokakis are at.

Haven’t been taking any photo for months. Use to take a few using my canon A80 and now after migrating to a DSLR, didn’t even touch it. Been busy…

relaxjack, its been a while. Any outing, pls inform me too! Always say I want to go but always cancel…hehehe
Now need all the sifus around to help me with my new dslr… :smiley:

[quote=“hyperactive”]hey wiredworm!

Welcome to the forums!
I like taking pictures myself…just an ameteur tho…but it’s my hobby…

I use an old Canon Powershot A80…it has served me well!
My flickr is at http://www.flickr.com/photos/jiaren

Most of the pictures I took with that camera except for some in the last couple of pages when I got to borrow my sister’s DSLR…

So what camera are you using? btw, I jsut checked ur website…at first I was like “what?” then I clicked on the links and voila! those are some pretty good shots…and I like the transition from one photo to another…cool…

Check out the rest of the forum, explore and have fun![/quote]

btw, nice photos Jia!
You’ve been busy! hehehe

banzai: you got yourself a dslr? which one?