Smoker=animals

Are you a smoker?
If you are then you are similar to animals…any animals i guess.

Well, that was what Nik Aziz said.

huh??? :roll: :roll:

speaking without thinking…that was his attitude, later he will apologize…buduh and stopid

I believe he is referring to the recent comment made by a government official.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi … sec=nation

Nation
Monday October 22, 2007

Nik Aziz: Smokers are like animals

By IAN MCINTYRE

KOTA BARU: Mentri Besar Datuk Nik Abdul Aziz Nik Mat is stepping up the anti-smoking rhetoric, describing smokers as “similar to certain animals which have no brains to think rationally.”

He said that although smokers knew the habit was bad for health, they continued to allow themselves to be addicted, so they do not use their brains.

People who do not want to think are like animals, he said when launching an anti-smoking campaign at KB Mall.

Nik Aziz, a non-smoker, reminded that alcohol consumption and gambling were not allowed in Islam as it could corrupt those involved.

Similarly, he said smoking was discouraged as it could corrupt smokers to not think of their health.

The PAS spiritual adviser had in the past suggested that smokers should not be fielded as PAS candidates in the next general election.

walao eh…he talk out this got using his brian too ???

haha! coolman,
i do beleive that the ice cool outlook,
that you normally comment with,
as slipped somewhat?! :lol:

please give d honourable Datuk, more respect,
than what his ramblings seem to be giving to d animals!

you just gotta laugh!

People who smoke definitely know how harmful is it to their health…it’s not like they are a complete idiot who thinks smoking will make them healthier. But still, it’s their own freedom to smoke and drink what! They take responsibility to their own body, their own health…so who cares?? Just don’t smoke in the hospital area or air-conditioned places and places with children around…good enough liao lah…even freedom to smoke also kena say smokers are like animals…y categorized a human being’s behaviour like an animal when all they do is just lit up a ciggie and smoke?? Apuuuuu…

Say la those pervert or rapist are animals…or worse than animals…that suits them better what!! (sorry out of topic…hehee)

[quote=“Blackskin”]Are you a smoker?

Well, that was what Nik Aziz said.[/quote]

if you check record from hospital, most of those people who caught cancer dont smoke and dont drink.

and… so far, i dont see most of the animal do smoking. :mrgreen:

if you check record from hospital, most of those people who caught cancer dont smoke and dont drink.

We’re gonna have to ask for proof of that. :). Smoking has been known to trigger or worsen all varieties of medical conditions, from heart disease to cancer in the throat. Of course, this was written in a study which I’m currently too lazy to dig out right now. Maybe later.

However, that doesn’t prove smokers = animals. Smokers = chimneys, :stuck_out_tongue: maybe… but there’s no resemblance to animals? Nik Aziz apparently doesn’t have very good logical association mind abilities does he?

Nik Aziz probably just insulted the animal kingdom too. Just wait for Tarzan to arrive with his animal buddies.

Hahaha…I like that, Ian.

Nik aziz, statement must be received with caution, comparing the status of the smokers to animals is a libelous or defamatory utterance. As a spiritual advicer of a political party PAS or a politician by himself, why not legislate a law banning the selling, production etc of cig n cigar or criminalising the act of smoking in order for him to show his sincerity in his campaign to wipeout the habit of smoking. I think, it will be great achievement to his political party or to the entire populace. we should not forget, that big part of the expenses for incumbent politicians are coming from govt’s coffer and also a portion of the govt income derive from tabacco tax. somehow, as a politician, he may able to use that money from tabacco tax. is it not bad to use the money in the form of tax coming from the group of people who patronalised tabacco of which called them animals? i dont know where is the logic behind his statement or so much more he is inconsistent to similar issues. Sometimes, to much indoctrination in any creed will produce radicalism.

I hope the smokers like me have something to say with NiK Azis rhetoric.

have a good day.

[quote=“GTSW20”][quote=“Blackskin”]Are you a smoker?

Well, that was what Nik Aziz said.[/quote]

and… so far, i dont see most of the animal do smoking. :mrgreen:[/quote]

Mayb he ever see animals smoke eh…that’s y can make that kind of statement. Hahaha.

a politician sometimes, is often engaging in a habit of telling the people something but infact he does another thing just to perpetuate himself in power or he has political or personal agenda out of it.

it is unsound statement to compare smokers with animals. to date, i have not seen animals smoke. It would be highly illogical to compare smokers with animals which do not smoke by their nature. May be he does the comparison with a smoker-trained animal. but that is still wrong ,because that is not the nature of the animal.

thanks

[quote=“baham”]a politician sometimes, is often engaging in a habit of telling the people something but infact he does another thing just to perpetuate himself in power or he has political or personal agenda out of it.

it is unsound statement to compare smokers with animals. to date, i have not seen animals smoke. It would be highly illogical to compare smokers with animals which do not smoke by their nature. May be he does the comparison with a smoker-trained animal. but that is still wrong ,because that is not the nature of the animal.

thanks[/quote]

101% agree with you, baham. :wink:

101% agree with you, baham. :wink:[/quote]

:slight_smile: thanks ms. valerie g.

of course animals have some form of thinking or feeling, if not they die la in the jungle, don’t know how to find food or mate with the female of its kinds. you don’t come across homosexual monkeys do you? there must be some form of brain activity there, right?

anyway, i’m a smoker myself and have been required to stop for some time now already, for health reasons of course, been smoking for 17 years to date. so yes, an awareness of smoking campaign should be carried out to the suburbs and rural areas to promote the defects of smoking instead of calling smokers - animals. also, i think civil servants should be banned from smoking first, ie, the police, fire and rescue, medics and maintain a smoking free govt first, say for a year or 2 before forcefully banning tobacco products. my dua sen.

ps. they should also close down our local tobacco farms as well as remove British American Tobacco and JT from operating their businesses within Malaysia. Malaysia Boleh!!

I am an animal. With intelligence & enlightenment :smiley:

human is a weakest species compare to other animals on earth. therefore, smoker = animals, means smoker is more stronger than any other non smoker?

yes…smoker = animal !! so what ? non-smoker is what then ??
just BAN the tobacco lor…who care about it.

Yes there is.

Aside from that, like what GTSW20 had mentioned, humans are weakest in terms of physical abilities, but they do make up for it in intelligence - this in effect makes humans not any more different than any other lifeform on Earth - the fact they co-exist with each other on this planet.

They & all humans all strive on their own with the exception that humans are greedy and pushy and make dumb remarks like comparing to animals thinking animals are inferior.