Sibuti election machinery focussing on general election

Ahmad Lai (ninth left) and MRP recipients giving  the thumbs-up after the
presentation.

Ahmad Lai (ninth left) and MRP recipients giving the thumbs-up after the presentation.

MIRI: After retaining Bekenu and Lambir seats in the just concluded state election, the Sibuti election machinery is focusing on the 14th General Election.

Director of Sibuti Election Machinery, Ahmad Lai Bujang said the state election results had inspired them to work as a team under Chief Minister Datuk Patinggi Tan Sri Adenan Satem.

“With Tok Nan’s aura we are confident that we are going to have a big strike like we did in Lambir and Bekenu seats and to be able to entice Chinese voters to come back to the BN fold,” said Ahmad Lai, who is also Sibuti MP, at the presentation of minor rural project (MRP) grants to longhouses under his parliamentary constituency yesterday.

Ahmad Lai attributed both successes to Adenan’s popularity, his policies and what he had achieved within just two years as chief minister.

“I believe the people will support BN under Tok Nan’s team and I hope that the 14th General Election is going to have the effect and impact by giving the same or better support and confidence on BN candidates,” he said. The (election) results also showed tremendous support and confidence among Chinese voters in Lambir and Bekenu seats.

“We were taken by surprise with the increase of votes in predominantly Chinese areas which showed lower percentage in the last general election. This has something to do with the good and sound leadership of the chief minister,” he said.

A total of 93 longhouses under Bekenu and Lambir received grants of RM3,000 each to finance their activities and programmes. Councillor Jamali Basri, Miri Iban community leader Pemanca Wilson Siang Lim and Sarawak Special Affair Department (Jasa) Sibuti officer Luka Nisma were also present.

LikeTweet

Source: http://miri.my/2016/05/12/sibuti-election-machinery-focussing-on-general-election/