Sibu Election BN Vs Pakatan

Hi all,

Coming soon election in Sibu, just predict which party would be won…Miri will soon too Pru13. Time to changem :mrgreen:

SIBU: Sarawak DAP sees the Sibu election as an acid test for both Pakatan Rakyat and Barisan Nasional based on the widespread murmurs of discontent across segments of society over land rights, displacement, poverty, and unemployment in the state.

Party chairman Wong Ho Leng said Sibu is a high priority poll for Pakatan, adding that both parties cannot afford to lose.

If you ask me to rate the importance of this by-election from scales 1 to 10, I will rate it at scale 11. This is how important it is to us, he said at press conference in conjunction with PKR president Wan Az.izah Wan Ismails three-day visit to Sarawak.

Wong expected that the Pakatan would pick up a candidate from his party to represent the coalition in the by-election and his party had eight members to choose from.

Among them, he said, was Wong Ching Yong, a former SUPP strong man in Sibu and Alice Lau.

Wong said the name of the candidate would be announced soon by Pakatan.

He predicted that the SUPP-BN, which won the seat in 2006 through Deputy Transport Minister Robert Lau, who passed away last Friday, would field Robert Lau Junior, a lawyer and a son of a prominent businessman in mind.

Robert Lau is related to the late Robert Lau.

In 2006, DAP and PKR, in a three-cornered fight, lost to SUPP, with a collective vote difference of 3,232 votes. Lau garnered 19,138 votes.

Broken promises

Meanwhile, Wan Azizah, who had earlier met Wong and Kidurong assemblyman Chiew Chiu Sing, said DAP and PKR would meet to discuss the candidate as soon as the Election Commition (EC) announced the dates of the nomination and election.

The EC is scheduled to meet on April 16.

Speculations are rife that Chief Minister Taib Mahmud may now be compelled to opt for state-level election instead of the Sibu by-election, following Laus death.

The Taib government’s term ends in June 2011 but election can be called earlier.

PKR secretary-general Saifuddin Nasution had over the weekend reportedly said the Sibu by-election may be held simultaneously with the Sarawak state polls.

Earlier at a press conference, Wan Azizah said the Pakatan component parties must work together in the by-election to ensure their victory.

I think Pakatan can win. I am sure of victory if all the component parties of Pakatan can work together and give their full support to the candidate whether he comes from DAP or PKR, she said.

On her visit to some remote areas in Sri Aman and Betong divisions, Wan Azizah said she was overwhelmed by the response she received from the people, especially in Debak in the Betong division where she met more than 1,000 people.

Generally, she said she was happy with the partys preparations for the coming state election. However, more needs to be done.

The preparations should be in top gear when the election comes, she added.

According to her feedback, the people were fed up with the broken promises of the state BN government which has ruled Sarawak for more than 40 years.

She said it is up to the people of Sarawak if they want to change the government.

If they were serious about it, then they must vote for change and elect a new Pakatan government.

This coming election is the best opportunity for them to change the government, she added.

PKR de facto leader Anwar Ibrahim will visit Sibu this weekend where he will meet grassroots leaders and members from all over the Rajang basin and attend a grand dinner.

He is also expected to meet with DAP leaders and discuss with them the preparations for the by-election.

vote for PAKATAN…!

vote for change!

yupzz time to change no more BN (Barang Naik) government

we can’t go on living under the present government, we are desperate for change

So please go and vote. Tell your family and friends register and vote!

i have told my family circle not to vote BN, even managed to influenced my some of the ‘orang tua’ not to vote white head’s party. i will definitely fly back to sarawak just for the general election

For win the election this government BN aka Barang Naik will give voter $$$ if they voting them.

yes, they have been doing that almost on every election. what we can do is, accept the money and vote for the other party. lol

we should have a ministerial debate on tv and the politicians answer the questions from the public before the election day.

the politicians are elected to serve the people.

wait and see.

Give $$$$?? :shock: :shock: every month or just one time deal?

Give $$$$?? :shock: :shock: every month or just one time deal?[/quote]

just one time deal, BN has been using this on almost every general election. buying votes from rural people

You think they money the gave were from their own pocket kah? Those money are our money also la. Just that they keep 50% in their own oversea bank acc, then give back 50% to you during election.

and these people were clueless where the money came from.

it is sad when most of them are the majority of the people of sarawak. wonder if the total votes above reflect the outcome of the election in sibu.

take money but VOTE PAKATAN/DAP :stuck_out_tongue:

Felt so pissed off when heard that Najib need to use A HELICOPTER to go to Sungai Merah…WTF?

Save time ma… :stuck_out_tongue: He’s a Busy man… :smiley:

who paid for his helicopter trip?