Siblings severely injured in Miri gas cylinder explosion

MIRI: Two siblings suffered 50 per cent burns when a cooking gas cylinder exploded at their house in Lorong Senadin here yesterday.

Miri Fire and Rescue Department chief Law Poh Kiong said the department received a distress call at 4.31pm.

Both the brother and sister, aged 18 and 15, were taken to Miri Hospital, he said when contacted.

He said the siblings’ 52-year-old father was also at home at the time of the incident but escaped unharmed.

Neighbours managed to put out the fire without the department’s assistance, said Law. — Bernama

Source: http://www.theborneopost.com/2018/05/16/siblings-severely-injured-in-miri-gas-cylinder-explosion/