Sharing : Fishing spots in Miri

Hmm… Miri seems to be an Island if you see from the flight from Miri to Kota Kinabalu but still there are some fishing spots maybe people do not know. Hopefully fishermen or fisherwomen(if there is any) in this community would like to share. Guess i`ll share my spots first :

1. All along K.Baram road(Stream)[/b] : Casting - Mainly Snake head(Haruan)
2. Curtin Ponds : Casting - Beware of crocodile
3. Go kart ponds : Casting
4. Miri rivermouth : Bait - Kinda boring there unless you buy a box of beer to enjoy. :stuck_out_tongue:
5. Marina Bay : Status always unknown. Sometimes got guards asking people not to fish there.
6. Taman Selera : Better go there eat Satay only lah…
7. Batang Suai(Kpg Iran) : Bait - Fresh water prawn
8. Sungai Niah(Sepupok) : Bait - Fresh water prawn

Where else leh???

taman selera got alot of sting ray woh…

Go Kart pond also got Crocodile wor…just to share my experience there.

i miss fishing at bakam area, near JKR area, the demolished jetty point, somewhere near the fish market, dockyard at kuala baram… Zzz, so many fishing spots gone liao. Been ages since i last went fishing too. Who wanna go fishing?

Wow crocodile??
I love to fish but I don’t know much about fishing here in Miri. Thx for starting this topic :slight_smile:
The pond at my farm got lots of fish… but none of them will fall for your bait. LOL

I guess the only way to fish there is with a net-which is not so ‘fun’

Wa… you got pond kah? can go there to fish? where? we go together eh… what fish inside?

GD : Wanna visit butter’s pond?

why not try lure if they wont fall for bait?

Can try going to Sungai adong area for fresh water cat fish or offshore go to Siwa area Kerapu, West lutong area Proton saga and if far away can go to bokor area lot of Pasong and Snapper and blokok and Baronia area Blokok, Toshiba, red Belias. Baram Lobster. Go and try at night when there is no moon not full moon or you little or nothing. :roll:

pujut 7 bridge there,miri river…can fish many things up…but beware of biawak and croc…last time fish behind my friend house back yard,saw croc…small one…we all flee the scene…takut mati,fear its mother is nearby…by the way,its a good place to fish…go kart pond got croc?i dont know that…never saw one…but its a good place to fish…

hehehe I doubt you’ll have any fun trying out the pond. Hahahahaha
I went with a determination I’d get something after bro told me there’s no chance of catching them.
I gave up and hour later.
But I did saw one haruan fish go to the surface checking out my fishing line!! I tried to move the bait a little and it swam off.
Hehe silly fish.
Maybe not silly. Maybe too smart.

Mayb those crocs friendly ones. I mean not aggressive. I used to follow my dad n bro to a swampy area in Matu-Daro. Very remote but the villagers’ longhouse on top of water.
We have no where else to swim but share the water with the crocs. No one have been attacked so far. Once a villager went to mandi at 6am… probably too early he jumped in and one croc got shocked. But it just swam away.

Yo monkey… you sure know where to fish ya especially at those offshore platform. Baram lobster not easy to get hooked one eh… Blokok aka GT is easier and require some amount of strength to fight with the fish. Wondering how was the "angel fish look alike " is called Toshiba. Why not Sony or Akira hor… ha ha

[quote=“butterave”]hehehe I doubt you’ll have any fun trying out the pond. Hahahahaha
I went with a determination I’d get something after bro told me there’s no chance of catching them.
I gave up and hour later.
But I did saw one haruan fish go to the surface checking out my fishing line!! I tried to move the bait a little and it swam off.
Hehe silly fish.
Maybe not silly. Maybe too smart.

Mayb those crocs friendly ones. I mean not aggressive. I used to follow my dad n bro to a swampy area in Matu-Daro. Very remote but the villagers’ longhouse on top of water.
We have no where else to swim but share the water with the crocs. No one have been attacked so far. Once a villager went to mandi at 6am… probably too early he jumped in and one croc got shocked. But it just swam away.[/quote]

Butter, belum cuba belum tahu… Can we go? Perhaps me and GD. Maybe your ikan haruan got “Line inspection” degree from butterave institute of escaping eh… Ha ha… I`ll post some ikan haruan pics i caught here next time…
Talking about crocs, there is some “pantang” people have to obey when human is going into their teritory. Make it short, have respect for the nature.

Haha, viper memang kaki pancing! Hmm, butter if can arrange, im more than happy to join worr. >.<

Ai yak… forgot to say please to butterave oh…

Butterave, please… :slight_smile:

Yo monkey… you sure know where to fish ya especially at those offshore platform. Baram lobster not easy to get hooked one eh… Blokok aka GT is easier and require some amount of strength to fight with the fish. Wondering how was the "angel fish look alike " is called Toshiba. Why not Sony or Akira hor… ha ha[/quote]

Toshiba in the water will be with yellow color across the body but wants dead it change color to Black/white. Nice for making kasam can be eaten after one week. Blokok have to pull fast or the tail will cut your fishing line. Merlin fish was caught but broke the line of 2 rolls at Baram area.Black/sliver in color. Sayang cannot bring home. Sonny/Akira not in the fish breed yet. Maybe you and cross breed new breed lah. Ikan Kusat also alot in bintulu area. :roll:

better fish ikan buyu and snake head mulet…permyjaya big lonkang there many…i saw child fish them up…

Boleh saya join? =)

sure…i bring you to somewhere where got crocs… :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hahaha
Ok la I inform u guys we i going again
what bait u using?

[quote=“butterave”]Hahaha
Ok la I inform u guys we i going again
what bait u using?[/quote]

Butterave,
where is your pond ah? Miri area kah? Bait ah… I prefer using artificial bait.

Yo Legend,
Welcome to the club.