[SHARE] Sex differentiation in pets

I talked to some people who want to adopt pets from PAWS (Piasau Animal Welfare Support), but after the conversation i really not understand why most of them prefer MALE dogs/cats. As far as i know, male or female is the same, the important part is the owner, how they treat the pets and take care the pets. How about you ? Share your opinion here. Thanks.

[center]http://ms.bestpicturesof.com/i/782170[/center]
[center][size=150]100% spays = 0% strays[/size][/center]

http://paws.freehostingnoads.net/

i have experience with female cats.

i have 2 housecats initially. both female. and cute and nice fur.

then, my cats (both) got pregnant (whose the daddy, i don’t know). and i get a bunch of kittens. and gave them to others, and yes, most of them takes male kittens. which left me with more female cats. and the story goes on and on.

and, in my opinion, for dogs and cats, this is the scenario that most of the owner don’t want to confront. so they avoid females. :smiley:

as for male dogs/cats, no problem with that. no danger of unwanted pregnancy.

hi dornz,

thanks for your opinion.
But, there are an option where the animals can be neutered/sterilized so they can’t bred anymore. In this matter, animals came from PAWS is a MUST to be sterilized and vaccinated. Because its what they stand for, no more unwanted puppy or kittens.

http://paws.freehostingnoads.net/

:slight_smile:

dolittle, can i call u dr.dolittle? :mrgreen:

u are from PAWS?

now i have 3 cats, female, can they get “not-pregnant”?

do cat have something like birth-control?

They prefer male because no need spend for the neutralizing surgery for them pets. I did it for my cat, i was charged RM250. But i do not mind spending for it.
I had one female cat initially. Then every pregnancies (4 times) always got 4 kittens each. I game them most away, one died after it ran under my car (i was freaking sad).

Then as of last year I had six cats. First is the mother cat and 5 remaining kittens. Out of them five kittens, 3 died and 2 ran away. I was so devastated. And that was my cat’s fourth pregnancy. Anyway i cannot keep anymore kittens already as i am always not at home, thus ended up i had to send my cat for the surgery.

Anyway can anyone tell me why do kittens run away? I do see them runaway cats of mine roaming around in my taman. But when i approach nearer, it runs for it’s life!

[quote=“dornz”]:slight_smile:

u are from PAWS?

do cat have something like birth-control?[/quote]

LOL. Yes bro there is such a thing for cats, I forgot the name of the process though. But i did it for my female cat, and it cost me RM250. Or was it RM200. I did it at ANGLE PET SHOP near Bumiko here.

[quote=“sukhdip91”][quote=“dornz”]:slight_smile:

LOL. Yes bro there is such a thing for cats, I forgot the name of the process though. But i did it for my female cat, and it cost me RM250. Or was it RM200. I did it at ANGLE PET SHOP near Bumiko here.[/quote][/quote]

awwhh. i know that clinic. my friend is a doctor there. but i don’t want to ask anything about animals to her. :lol:

so, its a surgery kah?

no procedure like injection?

oh ya, is it good for guy-cat to have its “telur” tied with gelang getah? - a “kampung” practice for birth control of guy-cat.

not sure bout that tying the balls thing, but pity the male cats lar then. have to walk round difficultly … lol … and yes it is a surgery, but a minor one though, so your cat wont be in pain …

as far as i know, the tying is so that the balls eventually “not functioning” e.g. mandul? (not really sure tho).

[quote=“dornz”]:slight_smile:

u are from PAWS?

do cat have something like birth-control?[/quote]

hi,dornz

:smiley:
i am not a dr.
i am also not a PAWS member
as far as i know, male/female cats can be neutered.
yes, there are birth-control treatment for cats but birth-control not recommended, as it could lead to other reproductive infection.
tying the testicles for male cats is having high-possibility get infected wound.

Male and female, Both is fine with me.
I have both male & female doggies at my home, and both is neuter.

The cost is quite cheap, around 180~250, depending on dog size and weight. (both undergo surgery at betty)
If u love ur pet, please neuter them to prevent strays and birth of babies which u won’t take responsible of it.

Love the phrase
“100% Spays = 0% Strays”

there is a reason why people always prefer male dogs/cats…
spaying can cost u 250…which some people cant afford to pay that much…

agree, why more prefer male?? should treat them as the same!!

Yes…as far as i know, neutering fee for female dog/cat is more expensive than a male one. But its one-time procedure for lifetime and in my opinion, i think its worthwhile to have your dog neutered.

Anybody knows how much is it to neuter a male cat? Mine is probably 4 months. Stray cat actually. Which vet is good and with reasonable price? Thanks in advance.

my home got cats, mostly are not mine, since is my neighbour cat, but we very care about this kitties… i got 4 big cats, and 7 on small age and 2 baby kitten now… somehow now my cats at home mostly is female, can’t avoid them to giving birth again… but the population really became more because of the female cats… too much kitten make food not enough for them…

Hi what color is the 2 baby kittens? I’m looking for a white baby kitten. :slight_smile:

Hi what color is the 2 baby kittens? I’m looking for a white baby kitten. :slight_smile: