Set up panel to tackle Sabah, Sarawak woes'

Set up panel to tackle Sabah, Sarawak woes’

KUALA LUMPUR: A special committee should be set up to discuss issues related to oil royalty, politics, balanced development, security and illegal immigrants, particularly for Sabah and Sarawak.
Barisan Nasional Backbenchers Club chairman Datuk Seri Tiong King Sing said in a statement yesterday that the high-level committee would be a fitting response to the complaints brought up in the Dewan Rakyat over the past week.

“The committee’s findings and suggestions should be reported to the prime minister,” Tiong said.

"I am also of the opinion that the government should postpone the mega projects planned under the Ninth Malaysia Plan and channel the funds to projects such as flood mitigation, agriculture and providing basic amenities for rural areas.

Tiong suggested the government increase the allocation for the Rural and Regional Development and Women, Family and Community Development Ministries to assist single mothers, orphans, the handicapped and the aged.
He said basic needs for water and electricity supply as well as proper roads in rural areas should be given attention.

Sabah MPs last week expressed unhappiness over what they claimed was inadequate federal assistance to the state, fuelling rumours they were ready to defect to the opposition.

Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi was reported on Friday to be going to Sabah at the end of the month to thrash out the issues raised by the MPs.

“These are the voices of the people, I hope they will not be left behind as the nation progresses,” Tiong said.

link: http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/ … index_html

after 50 yrs eh, no 45 years of independence, now u wan2 set a committe regarding these issues?
wow, u ppl there must be veli scared a mass defection will happen horr…
:mrgreen: