‘Scrap meals on Sarawak flights to reduce fares’

By JACK WONG

KUCHING: Malaysia Airlines should scrap meals served on flights between the peninsula and Sarawak as one way to reduce its high airfares.

Sarawak Teachers Union president William Ghani Bina, who made this call, said passengers could afford not to have meals during the flights.

Many passengers travelling on the evening flights, for example, have their dinner before boarding. They do not need to have another meal on board,’’ he said yesterday.

Ghani said the national carriers return fares between here and Kuala Lumpur had increased to over RM800 (inclusive of airport tax) from RM528 previously, and this was a burden to the travelling public.

Many parents send their children for studies outside Sarawak. They have no choice but to fly.

He said the union was encouraged by Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razaks recent statement that the government would ask MAS to lower fares between the peninsula, Sabah and Sarawak during a meeting this week.

Najib had said during the Umno general assembly that MAS fares to Sabah and Sarawak should not burden passengers who had no other means to travel between peninsula and the two states.

MAS recently raised fares to the two states by 25% to cover high fuel costs.

While we understand the financial burden of MAS, it is very unethical for it to transfer the burden to the people,’’ he added.

Ghani said as the oil prices had dropped to below US$60 barrel (from a high of nearly US$80), it was time that MAS reduced its fuel surcharge as some foreign airlines had done.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi … sec=nation

What happened to the plans for a ferry to the Peninsular Malaysia?

sound more like…"wat happen to airasia?’… :lol:

Got plan to have ferry to Peninsular Malaysua? from where? guess onli kuching la ya… :frowning:

Airasia… sure kena control la by the main player…kalau tidak… nanti kena kick on the butt baru tahu kalau macam macam… :lol:

Post subject: Scrap meals on Sarawak flights to reduce fares

i agreed if they ( MAS ) cut off the air fare by 10% or more… or even RM50 per route after they scrap the meals because their meal now is so lousy… their menu is the same all the times… which i feel very bored la… :lol: Better fly withno meal / cut off the fare and we could use the refund to buy some burger and enjoy it in the plane… hehe… :lol:

[quote=“smallee”]
Got plan to have ferry to Peninsular Malaysua? from where? guess onli kuching la ya… :([/quote]

I recall it being mentioned when the oil prices were astronomical. The ferry is ‘expected’ to take 3 days to reach the other side, that was what was written.

[quote=“ian”][quote=“smallee”]
Got plan to have ferry to Peninsular Malaysua? from where? guess onli kuching la ya… :([/quote]

I recall it being mentioned when the oil prices were astronomical. The ferry is ‘expected’ to take 3 days to reach the other side, that was what was written.[/quote]

Ian… 3 days… :shock: :shock: sampai sana… the car not hancur we oledi hancur haha…