Scam Company

The look like scam company now here in Miri. If anyone know the validity of this company please advice.

The story:
before i was called by this man (not remember his name) inviting me for property exhibition at pacific orient hotel and if i’m agree to come then other person will call me to inform about the details and they will issuing a free voucher either holiday package or flight ticket. I don’t have to buy or pay anything but just listen to their talk (to good to be true).It start to smell fishy now, but i’m agreed to come.

After a few moment a sms came in with the voucher number and location of the hotel. They asked me to come at pacific hotel, first floor, hall room 1 and i came. I was greeted by one lady wearing an executive dress sitting on sofa with cigarette in her fingers. She asking who is inviting me (Ms Zana) and to show the invitation sms. On the way in, two Indian men and one lady also smoking, standing beside the wall, one guy with laptop on the table just in front of the door and all dress formally. He asked me to fill in the form with my particulars (of course not the real info). Another lady came and again asking my name and the person who was invited me.

When came in there are at least four Indian men, one Malay guy and two ladies in the room. One of the lady asked me to come with her and sitting at one of the tables. She introduced herself as Abby and start to ask a few personal question. I notice that she is an amateur with heavy makeup and trying to flirt rather than explaining exactly the purpose of the meeting. Actually i’m a bit nervous as i’m the only one attendee of the said ‘property talk’ with bunch of suspicious and big size Indian men inside. As Im asking too many question she called one of the Indian men which introduce himself as Daniel and the word manager on his business card. Start explaining they are an oversea company and has an million of investment in so many countries. The company he is working with Global Mediterranean Sdn. Bhd. Was partner of Wotif.com [http://www.wotif.com/]. I google the net and found the wotif.com but does not mention anything about his company as a service partner or what so ever. The company doesnt even have any website accept this info from alibaba.com, a lemongrass project http://www.alibaba.com/member/my104366571.html. He keep persuading me to join their so called program which is very logic in the beginning with all the calculation and example but very suspicious in the end. He start asking how much do i have and if i have no money, i can use my credit card to pay installments, the amount is about RM21,000.00 for five years rental contract of an apartment in the center of KL, then they will register it to Wotif.com so that other people can rent it on daily rates which is much higher in return. I must make my decision yes or no before I go and cannot asked family member, friends opinion.

The company registration is 830556-P, cannot find the web that can validate the company registration where you can check if it is exist or not. I tried to use gmsb.com as in their laptop but nothing related to it on google. If it is legitimate why not do it at a shopping mall where you can find many potential customer. As it involve big amount money i have right to think it carefully not just simply agree. As a big company as he claim, why not using much better hotel like marriot or holiday in where you can get big fish rather then make individual call. Anyone who has more info about  this company ....btw beware of anybody claim he/she from from an organization to collect money for tsunami victim in japan but no permit or with fake permit as in news a few night ago. they might be in miri too.

To Kaito:

I’m Yek from the management of PACIFIC ORIENT HOTEL, Miri. I wish I can help you with information on the company Global Mediterranean Sdn. Bhd. which you queried on the Web. But all I know is that it is a company from the Peninsular, and has been renting our Conference Room 1 at the 1st floor for meetings a few times. And their payment of rentals had been good.

Are they still there? When is the next showing? I would like to meet them if possible.

Noyze, want to try to nail ms. flirty is it? lol…

take the company’s details and report them to Bank Negara.

count me in when ur going there noyze, i would also like to meet with them in person

pmatyr, already informed my friend in Bank Negara about this. And yeah am gonna try to nail the ms.1 lol

Scam or not, it happened to a friend of mine. The condo is in the middle of miri city. Before the condo was complete, they also have the same type of contract. If you buy this apartment, you will get all the amenities of the condo. The contract also have the same option but they got the 8 years and free 3 days/ 2nights per year if owner wants to stay there.
But the completion of the condo was delayed for about 3 years. During that time the loan running and without income. The bank almost take back the property. When it finally complete, the they get another shock. The company went bankrupt and management change hands, so that means the earlier contract is toast. The owner ends up having to struggle with the loan and still paying service and maintenance fee (still running). Almost like, renting an apartment from them but without the amenities.

there been scam company report here too … here is one of it…

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=14901

[quote=“kaito”]The look like scam company now here in Miri. If anyone know the validity of this company please advice.

The story:
before i was called by this man (not remember his name) inviting me for property exhibition at pacific orient hotel and if i’m agree to come then other person will call me to inform about the details and they will issuing a free voucher either holiday package or flight ticket. I don’t have to buy or pay anything but just listen to their talk (to good to be true).It start to smell fishy now, but i’m agreed to come.

After a few moment a sms came in with the voucher number and location of the hotel. They asked me to come at pacific hotel, first floor, hall room 1 and i came. I was greeted by one lady wearing an executive dress sitting on sofa with cigarette in her fingers. She asking who is inviting me (Ms Zana) and to show the invitation sms. On the way in, two Indian men and one lady also smoking, standing beside the wall, one guy with laptop on the table just in front of the door and all dress formally. He asked me to fill in the form with my particulars (of course not the real info). Another lady came and again asking my name and the person who was invited me.

When came in there are at least four Indian men, one Malay guy and two ladies in the room. One of the lady asked me to come with her and sitting at one of the tables. She introduced herself as Abby and start to ask a few personal question. I notice that she is an amateur with heavy makeup and trying to flirt rather than explaining exactly the purpose of the meeting. Actually i’m a bit nervous as i’m the only one attendee of the said ‘property talk’ with bunch of suspicious and big size Indian men inside. As Im asking too many question she called one of the Indian men which introduce himself as Daniel and the word manager on his business card. Start explaining they are an oversea company and has an million of investment in so many countries. The company he is working with Global Mediterranean Sdn. Bhd. Was partner of Wotif.com [http://www.wotif.com/]. I google the net and found the wotif.com but does not mention anything about his company as a service partner or what so ever. The company doesnt even have any website accept this info from alibaba.com, a lemongrass project http://www.alibaba.com/member/my104366571.html. He keep persuading me to join their so called program which is very logic in the beginning with all the calculation and example but very suspicious in the end. He start asking how much do i have and if i have no money, i can use my credit card to pay installments, the amount is about RM21,000.00 for five years rental contract of an apartment in the center of KL, then they will register it to Wotif.com so that other people can rent it on daily rates which is much higher in return. I must make my decision yes or no before I go and cannot asked family member, friends opinion.

The company registration is 830556-P, cannot find the web that can validate the company registration where you can check if it is exist or not. I tried to use gmsb.com as in their laptop but nothing related to it on google. If it is legitimate why not do it at a shopping mall where you can find many potential customer. As it involve big amount money i have right to think it carefully not just simply agree. As a big company as he claim, why not using much better hotel like marriot or holiday in where you can get big fish rather then make individual call. Anyone who has more info about  this company ....btw beware of anybody claim he/she from from an organization to collect money for tsunami victim in japan but no permit or with fake permit as in news a few night ago. they might be in miri too.[/quote]

i also received the same call from them but just told them i not free. 1 question, how the got our phone numbers?

I also received their call last Saturday, they called through this no. 017-6556542, asking me and my wife to attend their property talk / preview at the same hotel and saying that there will be door gift.
Asked them how they got my number and they said that my no. was given by other participants to their function but not revealing the name of the person who they allegedly given my no.

A professional won’t smoke in front of their customer for sure.

i also received this call last month, well I’m don’t really care about it and for a minute i off my hp…hahahaha…i know this is scam…

its a scam indeed…doing business like that …smoking right in front of customer…is damn fishy

Found this in the Company Commission of Malaysia

[attachment=0]gmsdn.JPG[/attachment]

all, they not only have your phone number but your exact name with correct spelling. I only thinking of one possibility, it is when you apply the credit card through agent such as at shopping mall, this info always available to others probably their friends such as insurance agents that called 10 times a month saying "this insurance came with your credit card its free for the first year and in order to continue for second year you have to pay $$$… bla bla …asking more detail of your card … OR …this offer is for selected customer only …etc.

i just hope everyone be careful of various way of any of these so called scam actor or con artists. this is real not the LEVERAGE punya drama series…

rabbitx …thanks, so it was registered, still running? … but still cannot find their website showed in their laptop as claim as partner with Wotif.com. Worldwide company they said.

MonkeyKing …they called using this number 0176546133 and 0176546993.

i heard there’s a police report regards this company…what happen to the case???

I must make my decision yes or no before I go and cannot asked family member, friends opinion.

Just to be sure they want you make a decision on the spot? if so that sentences alone already indicate this company is a phony.

It’s a scam. I’ve been warned by my family members. They attended the talk out of curiosity. When pressed further, with the attention of bringing lawyers to check n verify the contract agreement, they hesitate giving all sorts of excuses! So don’t fall for this you all.

I also got a call from one guy asking me to go Pacific orient. Before I allowed him to say any further after he told me that he was selling properties in Miri, I told him What for I buy properties in Miri, I am not from Miri. Next thing, the phone went dead.

Hai everyone, I am from Langkawi and I guess I was a victim of this scam company as well. The worst part is that I have pay a deposit, although it is a small amount but I hurts when I got to know about this. However, I does not want it to happen to another person. I will be making a police report on this soon just in case something turns up late. It is exactly what you wrote on the wall… They ask did I get the message from Ms Zana and soon. So sad and feel so stupid. :frowning: they did their trip to Langkawi on 21th May, 2011

The address on their call card is also belongs to another company by the name of Meridian Biz Management that provide Training and consultancy service program.