Sbh & Swak below 35 barred from working @ Spore

Sabahans and Sarawakians below 35 barred from working in Singapore

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi … sec=nation

JOHOR BARU: Malaysians above the age of 18 are allowed to work in Singapore except for male natives from Sabah and Sarawak whose age limit has been raised to 35.

The new ruling was imposed as an administrative punishment after a series of crimes and fights involving rowdy native Sabahans and Sarawakians in the republic.

It is learnt that several high profile murders involving Sarawakians and Sabahans in Ang Mo Kio Avenue, Kallang, and also Geylang in recent years have contributed towards the stricter regulations.

The new ruling has caused much difficulties to law-abiding Sabahan and Sarawakian native men, mainly unskilled and odd-job workers to work on the island.

Fresh workers below 35 were barred entry while those within that age group and already working there could not renew their work permits after they expire within two years.

Gagasan Dayak Iban Bersatu Malaysia (GAIU) president Sai Malaka said although the ruling was not made official by the Singapore Manpower Ministry (MOM), all work permit applications by native men from Sabah and Sarawak below the age of 35 were automatically rejected.

I feel that this measure is very extreme and discriminatory towards native Sabahans and Sarawakians, he said.

Sai added that Sarawakian and Sabahan men were skilled workers especially in the oil and gas sector, fabrication and factory maintenance.

He said since the ruling took effect, many Sarawakians and Sabahans who were unable to work in Singapore had opted to work in factories in Johor, particularly around Pasir Gudang.

Luckily the government is developing the oil and gas hub in Pengerang near here. The project is now providing much needed work for these unemployed workers, he told The Star yesterday.

State Unity, Human Resource, Science, Technology and Innovation Committee chairman M. Asojan said that he was also aware of the issue and urged Sabahans and Sarawakians who were unable to get into Singapore to take up the 42,000 jobs available in the various industries in Johor.

Meanwhile, a spokesman from MOM confirmed that Singapore had tightened the policies governing the hiring and retention of foreign manpower in the last few years to moderate the growth of foreign work force as well as to promote productivity-driven economic growth.

He said that foreign manpower from all sources were required to meet various criteria to be eligible for work passes.

We will continue to approve or renew the work passes of workers from Sabah and Sarawak who are found to be eligible and suitable to work in Singapore, said the spokesman.

Malaysian High Commissioner to Singapore Datuk Md Hussin Nayan said that during the elections in Singapore, one of the issues raised was over the high number of foreign workers there and the government had taken steps to address the matter by minimising the intake of unskilled workers

I don’t quite get it with “NATIVES” and “MALE” Sabahans and Sarawakians. When it says Native, are they actually means Native’s native races or anyone who are born Sarawakians and Sabahans regardless of races?

I suppose it’s referring to Bumiputeras??

Probably referring to Bumis with binge drinking habit.

Yes, it’s quite confusing :? male only? natives only? or the born sarawakian or sabahan?

Then, come to think about it, which company in sg will hired a 36 years old fellow? and are there anyone by their age over 35 years old willing to start working in sg? :roll:

IMO, If start work in sg, for sure you would want to start at young age, correct? then the pay will be increasing year by year :mrgreen: then compare if you start by age 36, the sg company offered from SG$800 till SG$1,200 to you. you accept? :?

Re: Sbh & Swak below 35 barred from working @ Spore

Postby gustaveritcher Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:08 am
I don’t quite get it with “NATIVES” and “MALE” Sabahans and Sarawakians. When it says Native, are they actually means Native’s native races or anyone who are born Sarawakians and Sabahans regardless of races?

It says native race, meaning the original race of people in Borneo. Doesnt applied to non-native born in Borneo.

This is the reaction of the affected local. :?

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi … sec=nation

Affected workers unhappy with Singapore’s blanket punishment

JOHOR BARU: Sabahans and Sarawakians are upset with Singapore for tightening employment regulations which bar those below 35 years of age from working in the republic.

They feel that Singapore should not impose a blanket punishment for the rowdy behaviour of a handful of the natives.

An affected worker, Linggi, 28, from Kapit in Sarawak, said he had been with a marine engineering company in Tuas, Singapore, since 2004 but lost his job last month when he could not renew his work permit.

My employer and I tried to appeal several times but was rejected by the manpower ministry, he said, adding that he was earning S$12 (RM28.80) an hour.

The Iban said he had heard of many other natives below the age of 35 from Sabah and Sarawak facing similar difficulties.

It is not fair to punish everyone else when only a handful were creating problems in Singapore, said Linggi.

Linggi has since found work in an engineering company in Pasir Gudang, which pays him only about RM4,000 a month.

Another affected worker is Sabahan Adrian, 26, who worked as a chef in a hotel earning about S$1,500 (RM3,600) monthly.

I have been working in Singapore for six years, but all of sudden and without any reason, my work permit has not been approved.

—deleted—

Looks like they’re applying racial profiling to eradicate crime.

So does that mean a 35 year old man is less likely to commit a crime opposed to a 25 year old man?

i worked in Singapore before and my employer tells me Sabahan and Sarawakian were the first choice of employment compared to west Malaysian. Muslim Malaysian finds it difficult to find employment there.

when west Malaysian got scolded by the employer they climb the bus or bike go back kampung no give notice as home is near. Sabahan and Sarawakian generally finished their two years contract before jumping employment and are praised for their hardworking nature.some more they have choice not to pay CPF unlike for west malaysian which is compulsory.

for the current ruling of barring under 35 years old Sarawakian and Sabahan natives, we have no one to blame but ourselves. it may or may not be the norm to draw out parang to rob or settle disputes here but it was a shocking experiences for Singaporean so used to peace, tranquility and safety. to stand in field corner with parang to waylaid, rob and murder a person for their wallet is unthinkable of in Singapore.

a few of our native boys did the most unthinkable in Singapore and shocked them out of their comfort zone and now we are all paying the price for their stupidity. i hope those 5 idiots got hanged.

so what can we do. nothing, unless this issue is taken up govt to govt.

and we are not going to do the west malaysian culture of buttock exercise outside the Singapore Embassy nor unzipped our pant point our dick at posters of Singapore govt ministers.

so lets hope our local ministers (if they are bothered) knows how to deals with Singapore on this issue.

[quote=“gorshan”]i worked in Singapore before and my employer tells me Sabahan and Sarawakian were the first choice of employment compared to west Malaysian. Muslim Malaysian finds it difficult to find employment there.

when west Malaysian got scolded by the employer they climb the bus or bike go back kampung no give notice as home is near. Sabahan and Sarawakian generally finished their two years contract before jumping employment and are praised for their hardworking nature.some more they have choice not to pay CPF unlike for west malaysian which is compulsory.

for the current ruling of barring under 35 years old Sarawakian and Sabahan natives, we have no one to blame but ourselves. it may or may not be the norm to draw out parang to rob or settle disputes here but it was a shocking experiences for Singaporean so used to peace, tranquility and safety. to stand in field corner with parang to waylaid, rob and murder a person for their wallet is unthinkable of in Singapore.

a few of our native boys did the most unthinkable in Singapore and shocked them out of their comfort zone and now we are all paying the price for their stupidity. i hope those 5 idiots got hanged.

and we are not going to do the west malaysian culture of buttock exercise outside the Singapore Embassy nor unzipped our pant point our d*ck at posters of Singapore govt ministers.

so lets hope our local ministers (if they are bothered) knows how to deals with Singapore on this issue.[/quote]

1++

if cannot work in s’pore, can try working at brunei…i guess…

is this news true? or is Malaysia govt following the steps of the Singapore’s Party Against People???

[quote=“gorshan”]i worked in Singapore before and my employer tells me Sabahan and Sarawakian were the first choice of employment compared to west Malaysian. Muslim Malaysian finds it difficult to find employment there.

and we are not going to do the west malaysian culture of buttock exercise outside the Singapore Embassy nor unzipped our pant point our d*ck at posters of Singapore govt ministers.

so lets hope our local ministers (if they are bothered) knows how to deals with Singapore on this issue.[/quote]

yes its true…i agree with u…me myself working there b4…and i knw well y sabah n sarawak people are ban…its already been discuss about 3 years ago in sgapore…fyi sbah and sarawak boys are not ngam with others…they have thier own triad…patang jumpa for sure fight punya…every weekend mostly sunday geranti punya street fight between them bcoz of just silly thing such as drunk and rebut2 indon girl…mostly fight area is geylang serai and paya lebar i also in the streets fight for a few time when i was there but get lucky and manage to escape untill i leave singapore and live at jb but still wrking at singapore then i am not joining those old friend anymore…as a result sometimes got minor injuries, hospitalies n even fatalities…i got 7 friend who are jail bcoz of fighting…and 2 of them been hang due to causing fatalities…banglas also alway kena pow by sarawakian or sabahan for their hp or wallet…been rompak…been killed juz for few dollar…to buy arak…yes its my friend…he been caught by police and the last time i hear the news…he been hang…sad…yes its sad…i am not telling u sarawakian or sabahan is bad…but u r own ur own then…pandai pandailah…

[quote=“panggauboyz”][quote=“gorshan”]i worked in Singapore before and my employer tells me Sabahan and Sarawakian were the first choice of employment compared to west Malaysian. Muslim Malaysian finds it difficult to find employment there.

yes its true…i agree with u…me myself working there b4…and i knw well y sabah n sarawak people are ban…its already been discuss about 3 years ago in sgapore…fyi sbah and sarawak boys are not ngam with others…they have thier own triad…patang jumpa for sure fight punya…every weekend mostly sunday geranti punya street fight between them bcoz of just silly thing such as drunk and rebut2 indon girl…mostly fight area is geylang serai and paya lebar i also in the streets fight for a few time when i was there but get lucky and manage to escape untill i leave singapore and live at jb but still wrking at singapore then i am not joining those old friend anymore…as a result sometimes got minor injuries, hospitalies n even fatalities…i got 7 friend who are jail bcoz of fighting…and 2 of them been hang due to causing fatalities…banglas also alway kena pow by sarawakian or sabahan for their hp or wallet…been rompak…been killed juz for few dollar…to buy arak…yes its my friend…he been caught by police and the last time i hear the news…he been hang…sad…yes its sad…i am not telling u sarawakian or sabahan is bad…but u r own ur own then…pandai pandailah…[/quote]

I guess case like this it justify the ban, nothing to do with being Sarawakian/Sabah origin otherwise they would have ban us completely. Can’t blame them them for that, we would also do the same if some foreigner came here and start to cause havoc.

Erm … only Sabahans and Sarawakians below 35 barred from working in Singapore so for those above 35 years old still valid which mean the situation still can be recover and of course as soon as possible. Good luck for those working or want to work in Singapore and hope Singapore Government can undo this decision after some time.

its strange oso when i am still there…the feeling agi idup agi ngelaban is like burning within those sarawakian, i dx really knw y, maybe we r just protective our own sarawakian since when we r there we treat all sarawakian like brother in arm…if they got prblm we oso taken care of their pblm…its seem like the chan hong nam stories…but being a foreigner at singapore…i knw how we have been humiliate by others (like we see those indon n banglas here) by singaporean themself…not many people knw that most of sarawakian are being cheted by singapore working agen? not being paid for salary,no proper place to live…or stay…i even bring this matter to police station twice but till now no action taken…for them we r not educated dx even knw how to speak english or so what…actually singapore itself is the root of the destruction of this matter…y i say like that…u will knw when u r one of the sarawakian cheted by sigaporean agent…and i am the 1 but i manage to stand for myself and treated the agent with the LAW then the agent fear to me then my passport been release (which are held by them for years untill u paid the sgd3800 with the salary 800 deduceted 500 only 300 to live for the whole month including makan n bus fare to working place, i was promise to worked as graphic designer there, and yes i got dip for that…but when i arrive i got 3 choices of job, bcome a tukang potong rumput, cleaner or kedai makan as a dish washer…yes i was surprise…stressed out and thinking of run away…but my passport been taken and i cannot escape…3 month i struggle with the potong rumput job…then i meet 1 sarawakian friend that taken care of me alot…stand justice for me…fight with the agent hard way and by law…make a police report…until i manage to get my paspport back and find a better job as a technician there until i left singapore, i am just lucky to get justice like that, but how those my fellow sarawakian and sabahan? yes most of them not really educated and what they do is play the ball hard way…and grow with the triad of own…even we r malaysian but we belong to dif triad and only protect our own kind…so this is how all those thing happend…correct me if i was wrong…u can ask any singaporean policemen about sarawak and sabah youngster…they knw us well for accupied the jail for 70%, knw for fighting, robbing, stealing…but what they dx knw is Y we r doing that…and the answer…i already explain above…like i said i bring this matter to police…but only me…who am i to represent those all sarawakian and sabahan…they dx even care bout my staement…what those police tell me is i must have all black and white to all this matter…i am helpless…till now i still have the anger for those singaporean police and agent they mistreat us…the will worship u if u r angmo…even if u break the law is ok…coz u r angmo…maybe this is just 1 of the hundred stories of sarawakian who are working at singapore b4…maybe theres r still plenty of them out there have the same stories or more tragic than mine… this is based on personal experience not rekaan semata mata…

standby the ship…
we are going to warrr~
haha.

hmm. because of this handful trouble maker, the whole borneo island get the blame. why dont ban kalimantan n brunei oso?

Singapore Government might have the right answer for you.