Sarawakians benefit from Nippon Oil’s presence

Sarawakians benefit from Nippon Oils presence
January 27, 2010, Wednesday

MIRI: The presence of Nippon Oil Exploration (Nippon Oil) in Miri has opened a window of opportunity for the locals.

Since establishment here about seven years ago with the opening of an office at Miri Waterfront Commercial Centre, it managing director Hideki Kitagawa disclosed that a majority of company staff are Malaysians.

Currently we are having a total of 210 staff in our office in Miri. From the whole figure, 180 are Malaysians and 85 per cent of them are Sarawakians, Kitagawa said this during a courtesy visit to Miri Mayor Lawrence Lai yesterday.

Kitagawa was accompanied by deputy managing director Yoshihiro Shibata and OPI and Public Relation manager Gerard Laing.

Kitagawa disclosed that it was part of companys transfer of technology and Malaysianise programme. Only 19 of the staff are Japanese and ten are expatriates.

We are happy with the performance of the local staff particularly Sarawakians as they are more disci-pline and dedicated in their jobs. Apart from that they have the experience, knowledge and are trained in their respective fields, he said.

Kitagawa said the com-pany will continue its presence here in Miri and continue to transfer techno-logy through recruitment of locals in various fields.

During the visit, Kitagawa also briefed the mayor on the company operations and activities in Miri.

The company is also making contributions to the public through its corporate social responsibility programmes. Last year, the company donated RM333,000 worth of medical equipment to Miri Hospital and was one of major sponsors in the Miri City Day celebration when Miri attained its city status in May 20, 2005.

Kitagawa said the company will continue to emphasise on its community reach programmes as part of its contributions to society. Meanwhile, Lai in response thanked the company for its presence here as it provided various opportunities to benefit the locals. He hoped that the company will assist in the citys vision and mission as green resort city.

Source: http://www.theborneopost.com/?p=7133

Great news! ~~ :smiley:

IF 85% are Sarawakians, care to explain why i was never shortlisted although i meet the job requirements and applied for it TWICE???

Hard to explain why… but looking at it’s HR dept… ahhh… then the answers lies there. To be honest, what’s the point of hiring your own relatives to work with you when someone else can do twice as much and when it comes to professionalism its much more easier to execute such matter than to your own family. There’s pros and cons to it… but based on my experience… lots more cons.

:roll:

I agree with u Fallenelves. I remember the last time i do a resume hand in personally, the receptionist (bertudung) din even bother to entertain me (maybe becos I don wear a songkok). So maybe that’s why i wasn’t even given d chance to be shortlisted. Maybe the term Sarawakians refer to bumis???

:roll:

hapend to me too bro.
dont know if should i say i was lucky or what, but amongs all interviewees, they hire some1 who…
hr bosses…huuu…

but old story lah… :mrgreen:

YEs… last time, I heard the HR is Melay or Bumis. So they takes bumis ONLY. No chinese allowed. now i think the policy still the same. only they cant find the suitable candidate. Then, they hire chinese for contract or short term.

That’s what i heard. true or not???

NOEX is a mulinational company, they have all kind of races in their office and job oppurtunities are distributed equally. I knew this because my wife works there…

Maybe it is just not your luck for not getting a job there, competition is tight nowadays, so try to be more competitive.

another good topic turn to be ■■■■■■ crap… I believe nippon staff is already monitoring this topic with laughter or anger… so mirian, pls be more intellectual

[quote=“tmt”]YEs… last time, I heard the HR is Melay or Bumis. So they takes bumis ONLY. No chinese allowed. now i think the policy still the same. only they cant find the suitable candidate. Then, they hire chinese for contract or short term.

That’s what i heard. true or not???[/quote]

This is totally crap! I work at NIPPON, interviewed and hired many Chinese, Malay and other races. To answer your question, it is not true. For those so called intelectual people who tried for the positions, if the company does not call you that means you are not selected for shortlist. All our adverts will say “only shortlisted candidates will be notified” ada baca or faham?

I’m being defensive coz some idiots are turning this thread into a “race” issue! And NIPPON does not practice this.

FYI im Chinese and in HR& Admin…go figure.

isit getting smokey in here??

bro tony… mind sharing more? what is your qualification and what post was it you asked for?

[quote=“Jack”]Sarawakians benefit from Nippon Oils presence
January 27, 2010, Wednesday

MIRI: The presence of Nippon Oil Exploration (Nippon Oil) in Miri has opened a window of opportunity for the locals.

Since establishment here about seven years ago with the opening of an office at Miri Waterfront Commercial Centre, it managing director Hideki Kitagawa disclosed that a majority of company staff are Malaysians.

Currently we are having a total of 210 staff in our office in Miri. From the whole figure, 180 are Malaysians and 85 per cent of them are Sarawakians, Kitagawa said this during a courtesy visit to Miri Mayor Lawrence Lai yesterday.

Kitagawa was accompanied by deputy managing director Yoshihiro Shibata and OPI and Public Relation manager Gerard Laing.

Kitagawa disclosed that it was part of companys transfer of technology and Malaysianise programme. Only 19 of the staff are Japanese and ten are expatriates.

We are happy with the performance of the local staff particularly Sarawakians as they are more disci-pline and dedicated in their jobs. Apart from that they have the experience, knowledge and are trained in their respective fields, he said.

Kitagawa said the com-pany will continue its presence here in Miri and continue to transfer techno-logy through recruitment of locals in various fields.

During the visit, Kitagawa also briefed the mayor on the company operations and activities in Miri.

The company is also making contributions to the public through its corporate social responsibility programmes. Last year, the company donated RM333,000 worth of medical equipment to Miri Hospital and was one of major sponsors in the Miri City Day celebration when Miri attained its city status in May 20, 2005.

Kitagawa said the company will continue to emphasise on its community reach programmes as part of its contributions to society. Meanwhile, Lai in response thanked the company for its presence here as it provided various opportunities to benefit the locals. He hoped that the company will assist in the citys vision and mission as green resort city.

Source: http://www.theborneopost.com/?p=7133[/quote]

No benefit from the Profit. All our money goes to West.

sigh… some ppl are so bongok facepalm

Agree with panzai. Looks like MC is a forum to isult the Bumis… Plse!!!Plse!!!Plse!!!Don’t forget your own race!!! What have they done to the Bumis???S**t!!!

this is just one example… its happened too long n so many time in mcnet. but this time they jolok the wrong sarang tabuan… come on guys, grow up. if wanna talk, be sure of ur own fact in hand before posting. dont just easily throw an accusation, only then simply ask TRUE KA? its like u berak then only pick up ur ■■■■ and put it in proper place.

to the person who come up with the racist statement… i do think u r living in ur own world… they said org sarawak tinggal dalam hutan… i think u worst than that. tinggal dalam perigi ka???

/give 5 to karlina… spank those kambing!

p.s. the respond to this topic were so stupid that it became a big joke at nippon office. to the posters, shame on you! hahaha ketawa goleng goleng

p.s. nippon never ever have any receptionist wearing a tudung or even a muslim before. you submitted ur CV to a tea lady or nippon paint ka???

[quote=“karlina”][quote=“tmt”]YEs… last time, I heard the HR is Melay or Bumis. So they takes bumis ONLY. No chinese allowed. now i think the policy still the same. only they cant find the suitable candidate. Then, they hire chinese for contract or short term.

That’s what i heard. true or not???[/quote]

This is totally crap! I work at NIPPON, interviewed and hired many Chinese, Malay and other races. To answer your question, it is not true. For those so called intelectual people who tried for the positions, if the company does not call you that means you are not selected for shortlist. All our adverts will say “only shortlisted candidates will be notified” ada baca or faham?

I’m being defensive coz some idiots are turning this thread into a “race” issue! And NIPPON does not practice this.

FYI im Chinese and in HR& Admin…go figure.[/quote]

Karlina, do you do interviewing?

But one thing that I think Nippon do practise is that they always have their own people ( japs ) sitting on the higher position, maybe I think it is easier for them to communicate with their HQ la…

Smallee, yes I did interviewing. The MD position is Japanese and is required as representative to the shareholders. Most of our managers and snr managers are local Sarawakians and some from West Malaysia. This Company has contributed to jobs for our local Sarawakians to feed and school their children, so the last thing I would expect is for some people to condemn and write racist remarks about Bumi’s or whatever his or her race is just because they did not get the job!

If anyone thinks that the resume that they sent has to be acknowledged because they “feel” they are qualified, think again coz there are 300+ to 500+ other applicants writing in to apply for the same job, just one lucky guy or gal will get the it! It’s nothing personal, it’s just business! Some even have resumes not even fit for recycled toilet paper coz it’s full of ■■■■! So if you want to get a job, get serious and make sure you can live with other races in Sarawak or Malaysia for that matter before you even think of joining a multiracial Company.

Say “NO” to racist in Sarawak please!