Sarawak state assembly dissolved

Source http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/159206

The Sarawak state assembly was dissolved today, paving the way for the 10th state election.

Mohamad Asfia Awang Nassar told a news conference in Kuching that the proclamation of the dissolution, signed by Yang Dipertua Negeri Abang Muhammad Salahuddin Abang Barieng, was received this morning.

He said that the notice of dissolution would be handed over to Election Commission chairperson Abdul Aziz Mohd Yusof tomorrow.

The EC is expected to meet in Kuching on Wednesday to decide on the dates for the nomination and polling.

Chief Minister Abdul Taib Mahmud announced on Saturday that the state assembly would be dissolved today.

BN controls 63 of the 71-seat assembly after Engkilili assemblyperson, Dr Jonical Rayong Ngipa, who contested on an opposition Sarawak National Party (Snap) ticket in the last state election on May 20, 2006, joined the BN last year.

DAP controls six seats while PKR and Parti Cinta Malaysia (PCM), through an Independent representative, control a seat each.

• Bernama

Now is the time to walk the talk for future generations and of Sarawak.

Vote the king of corruption out

I’d say vote the whole corrupt and bigotry system out.

I guess we have to be realistic. Rural folks will still be voting for BN. With the help of postal votes, urban area is 50-50. Denying 2/3 majority is the most the opposition can do for now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkm0_TsBFbM
Just for laughs… :smiley:

we need to think clearly and wisely. Recall back on which parties help to develop more on miri.

which is more critical? the land grab issues or developing miri? think clearly and wisely.

many rural folks lost their ancestral lands due to corrupted politicians and greedy entrepreneurs. what did they get in return?

as a governing body, development provision is a MUST to ensure the welfare of the citizens.

As if they used their own money to develop Miri. Those are tax payers money! Was the projects awarded in an open & transparent manner?

Good evening, is it too late to register as a voter?

i have just registered yesterday… dunno about today…

go check it out at the post office… :slight_smile:

hi~ i just registered last week… but im not sure now still able or not. maybe u can find SUPP help u register… i think they will very helpful… LOLS…

come on…which government did not corruption? if DAP won the election, can they ensure that there will be no corruption at all? who would do the promises? how many ppl out there really get help from DAP and yet they really did the help?

which is more critical? the land grab issues or developing miri? think clearly and wisely.

many rural folks lost their ancestral lands due to corrupted politicians and greedy entrepreneurs. what did they get in return?

as a governing body, development provision is a MUST to ensure the welfare of the citizens.[/quote]

as most of you think … it is based on personal opinion

i prefer gvmt corrupt but doing things
rather than
corrupt but doing nothing :evil:

as a governing body, development provision is a MUST to ensure the welfare of the citizens.[/quote]

as most of you think … it is based on personal opinion[/quote]

so recent news about the land grab issues were all based on my personal opinion? i wonder do you read newspaper…

of course lah BN, they are in power of course lah they must develop MIRI, give other party a chance like yayasan give you a chance to get you loan approve.