I would like for everyone to please review the Terms & Conditions and Rules & Regulations again, if you have not already done so, please read through and try to understand it. These have already been up for some time. If you have doubts to the posts you are going to make, you can always ask mods or admins first. This post will pop up from time to time as a reminder to all members.
If you’ve signed up, it means that you’d have already agreed to the Terms and Conditions below:
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- By accessing MiriCommunity.net (hereinafter we, us, our, MiriCommunity.net, http://www.miricommunity.net), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms and rules. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms and rules then please do not access and/or use MiriCommunity.net. We may change these at any time and well do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of MiriCommunity.net after changes mean you agree to be legally bound by these terms and rules as they are updated and/or amended.
- Our forums are powered by phpBB (hereinafter they, them, their, phpBB software, www.phpbb.com, phpBB Group, phpBB Teams) which is a bulletin board solution released under the General Public License (hereinafter GPL) and can be downloaded from http://www.phpbb.com. The phpBB software only facilitates internet based discussions, the phpBB Group are not responsible for what we allow and/or disallow as permissible content and/or conduct. For further information about phpBB, please see: [url=http://www.phpbb.com/]http://www.phpbb.com/.
- While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.
- You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where MiriCommunity.net is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that MiriCommunity.net have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither MiriCommunity.net nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
- All Posts May Be Reprinted. By submitting any materials, e-mail, or responding to material on MiriCommunity.net, you grant MiriCommunity.net the right to edit, publish, air and distribute the materials, your response, image and name in all media at any time. You represent and warrant that you are authorized to grant all rights given in the preceding sentence.
- Denied Access. If you feel you have been unfairly blocked from using the MiriCommunity.net forums or chatrooms, please state your reasons via email to email@example.com.
DISCLAIMER. THE MATERIALS IN THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, MIRICOMMUNITY.NET DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. MIRICOMMUNITY.NET DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE MATERIALS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. MIRICOMMUNITY.NET DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE MATERIALS IN THIS SITE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. YOU (AND NOT MIRICOMMUNITY.NET) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
The TERMS & CONDITIONS and RULES & GUIDELINES may change at any time, please re-read them regularly.
RULES & GUIDELINES
- The Administrators and Moderators of MiriCommunity.net are the appointed individuals to constructively help shape, develop and guide the community. Therefore decisions of Administrators and Moderators are final. No further dispute will be tolerated on the forums. If you don’t agree with a decision, you may discuss it with the Moderator who made the judgment in private. If you cannot reach resolution with the Moderator in private, you may contact the site Administrators via e-mail or Private Message, explaining the entire situation, with all relevant links/excerpts/emails, etc. Under no circumstance attempt to start a ‘debate’ about specific moderation decisions in a public forum - doing so may get you banned. Please see Terms & Conditions No.4 regarding editing of post violations.
- No discussion of any illegal activity or threats of violence. (i.e. illicit drug use, threats of suicide or self-injury, trading or soliciting pirated/illegal materials, scamming, etc). Members are encourage to participate in discussions by providing constructive comments.
- No use of explicit, obscene or vulgar language or images and/or messages, including racist remarks.
- No posts that attack, insult, “flame”, defame, or abuse members or non-members. Respect other members of the community and dont belittle, make fun off, or insult another member or non-member. “Flaming” and insults, however, will not be tolerated. Agree to disagree. This applies to both the forums and chat.
- Do not assume you are entitled to certain privileges or rights. Freedom of speech does not give you license to abuse these rules & guidelines, or use the forums or chatroom to stir up trouble for our Moderators or other fellow members.
- No advertising or links to advertising or “Spam” is permitted (including signatures) UNLESS subscribing to MiriCommunity.net’s proper advertising packages OR utilizing the free Classifieds forum.
* Advertising or Spam is defined as posting a link for the purpose of selling, soliciting or promoting by someone that has ownership or other “vested interest” to the web site involved, including efforts to promote other online forums or web sites by web site owners.
* If you are a web site owner and have a link that fits into this category that you want to share, please submit it to Administrators to review your submission.
* Only links to personal home pages are allowed in signatures and member profiles. Links must be appropriate and abide by rules a, b, c & d or they will be removed.
* Links to helpful web sites (commercial or otherwise) are allowed when they are posted by someone without any “vested interest” AND whose purpose is NOT to solicit, advertise, promote, etc.
* Investment schemes and various referral schemes are prohibited & will be deleted with original poster banished without notice.
- Information on MiriCommunity.net’s proper advertising packages can be found here: advertise
- No use of multiple usernames. Please register and use only one username for the forums. Posting under multiple user accounts will result in administrative action (ie. banning).
- No posts of an overtly political or religious nature OR posts promoting advocacy of particular personal, medical, legal, religious, or political agendas. The forums are intended for offering mutual community discussions. Debating controversial subjects should be taken elsewhere. Limited religious references are allowed (ie. “my prayers are with you” or a brief quote as part of a larger post), but the forums should not be used to convert others.
- No cryptic posts. Using cryptic messages to “skirt” the rules is not permitted.
- If it shouldnt be viewed by minors, then it shouldnt be posted to the forums or chat rooms. This is a public, family-friendly forum. In addition, if something would not be considered work safe (to a boss or co-worker), then it shouldnt be posted.
- Do not disrespect Moderators and Administrators. Be respectful in both the forums and any private communications with Moderators. Moderators are volunteers that donate many hours of their own time to help in the forums and chat rooms. Violations of this rule will not be tolerated.
- No SHOUTING. Remember, using ALL CAPITAL LETTERS in posts is considered yelling and rude, plus it is difficult to read.
- Do not post offline personal contact information (ie. your home address, phone numbers etc.) and do not ask for personal information from others. Modify your member profile in the User Control Panel at the top left corner of the forum to set privacy settings for your account. Use of full names (your first and last name) is allowed but strongly discouraged. This is to protect your security and identity.
- No duplicate posts. To delete accidental duplicate posts, please contact Moderators and Administrators.
- No irrelevant or off-topic posts. Posts which are not relevant to the forum topic may be deleted at the Moderator’s discretion.
- No lengthy signatures. Limit signatures to 10 lines or less. Moderators will edit and/or remove signatures that are too long. Signatures with images are not allowed.
- Bumping posts by posting irrelevant ‘bump’ or similar posts with the same intentions are NOT allowed and will be removed without any notice. For thread starters, please use only the “Bump topic” feature at the bottom of the page which is only available 24 hours after the last post. Further changes may apply accordingly to circumstances and may differ from forum to forum.
- Know Your Moderators
* MiriCommunity.net forums and chat rooms are moderated by volunteers. While they may not have answers to all your questions, Moderators are here to help in any way they can. Moderators have the right to edit or delete posts without prior notice that violate of the rules above. They are also responsible for keeping promoting participation in the forums and chats. You can spot a Moderator because their posts indicate that they are Moderators. We are always looking for new moderators to help with our many disease/disorder topics.
* Each moderator, being human with different life experiences, may see things through slightly different eyes and some variance is to be expected. However, moderators promise to base their decision making on the content of posts rather than personal feelings about the person posting in them. Their decisions have been thoroughly discussed and agreed upon prior to taking action.
* If you have a question for a Moderator on a decision, you may send an email or PM (private message) them and discuss it privately. They may not see things the same way you do, but they are open and approachable.
- Ban & Warnings
* Users found violating the rules of this forum will either be issued a private message warning and/or “yellow card” visual indicator which is visible to the public; or
* Instantly banned without notice with culprit’s user account suspended with “banned” visual indicator for members’ and non-members’ awareness.
* Re-registering a new account in attempt to violate the TERMS & CONDITIONS and RULES & GUIDELINES after being banned will not be tolerated.
* Banned accounts may have their previous topics and postings deleted without notice.
- Each specific forums has its own sub-rules & sub-guidelines under its own announcement area. Please read it carefully to ensure these regulations are not violated. Failure to do so will have your posting moved to a suitable forum or deleted without prior notice.
- Check for open topics. Before posting a new topic, please check to see if there is already a topic open on the subject.
- Ignore bothersome members. If there is someone on the forum that bothers you, add that member into your Foe list. You won’t see any posts from this member again.
- Report posts that violate the Rules & Guidelines by clicking on the “Report This Post” button at the top right corner of the post to notify the Administrators & Moderators. Administrators & Moderators will act on the report as quickly as possible. Do not reply to the offending post as that typically only encourages the poster.
- Use good judgement. NEVER rely on information or opinions exchanged via the forums or chat rooms to replace necessary, personal consultation(s) with qualified professionals, or validated/verified source, to meet your needs. Remember that what’s right or has worked for one person may not be what’s right for you.
- Lend a helping hand. A bit of compassion can go a long way toward helping people with life’s challenges and reaching out can help alleviate feelings of loneliness. We’re all different, but we’re really all the same. At sometime or another, we all need or want help or simply someone with whom we can share our burdens or successes.
- Don’t be afraid to share. If you’re feeling alone or hurting, don’t be afraid to share your fears and tears. If you’re rejoicing, share that too. You may also share information regarding certain issues which are not properly disclosed, but keep it within the Rules & Guidelines.
- Welcome new members. When newcomers arrive, say “hi” and welcome them. Help new folks “learn the ropes” about how to find information and resources, save time, and how to get involved. You will also find a lot of help by using the FAQ: faq.php
- Use descriptive titles for new posts. Avoid “generic” post subjects like “Help” or “Question”. You will receive a better response to your posts by being more descriptive about the content of your post.
- Before creating a topic, ensure that you are in the correct forum before submitting your posting (e.g. Things for sale will be suitable in the Classifieds forum; News article to share will be best done in the News forum, etc.). Should a topic is posted in the wrong forum, Moderators will move it to a suitable one with or without notice.
Users that do not abide by the rules may be subject to having their posts edited or deleted, their member account permanently banned from further access and/or deleted without notice.
The TERMS & CONDITIONS and RULES & GUIDELINES may change at any time, please re-read them regularly.
Your post content may get edited. This does not mean it is a direct attack at you. These changes are done to make the forum better. Do not get personal over it.
Your post titles may get changed. This does not mean it is a direct attack at you. These changes are done to make the forum better. Do not get personal over it.
Your threads may be removed or locked if it is felt that the discussions are degenerating. This does not mean it is a direct attack at you. These changes are done to make the forum better. Do not get personal over it.
Your thread(s) may be moved if it is put into the wrong forum. This does not mean it is a direct attack at you. These changes are done to make the forum better. Do not get personal over it.
Your post(s) may get mistaken for spam and removed. If you feel this is so, you can contact the mod or admin about it and if it is really a mistake we CAN revert it. This does not mean it is a direct attack at you. These changes are done to make the forum better. Do not get personal over it.