Roydy attributes success to not shying away from taking risks

Roydy poses beside Abang Johari after receiving his award.

MIRI: Roydy Ismail, 30, attributes his success in winning the 2019 Sarawak Bumiputera Entrepreneurs Awards to not shying away from taking risks and running a business with sincerity.

This RBI Marketing Sdn Bhd chief executive officer, who received the Most Promising Male Entrepreneur Award (Youth Category) ‘Anugerah Usahawan Harapan Lelaki Kategori Belia’, said it was equally important to seek support from families and friends, especially for those new to the business world.

“I started out by just doing small business under a canopy, and have gone through the ups and downs of running a canopy business.

“Dare to take risks and be honest in doing business are among key to success. We must be honest in doing business and never bully others,” he said when met yesterday.

Roydy was selected a recipient of the 2019 Sarawak Bumiputera Chamber of Commerce (DEBS) award organised by DUBS and held in Kuching recently.

The award was presented by Chief Minister Datuk Patinggi Abang Johari Tun Openg.

Roydy, who is founder of Tusan Ice Cream Malaysia said he started the business in 2017 by opening his first store in Permyjaya, then in North Yu Seng Road before opening a third branch in Marina Parkcity Phase II.

He added entrepreneurs should also have sincere intentions in doing business and want to help others.

Among the key factors to survive in business is to be financially wise, strive to improve one’s knowledge and listen to advice from successful people.

“I am grateful to entrepreneur friends who helped a lot and continue to motivate me to go further, those who are always there going through the ups and downs in business together,” he said.

Roydy admitted as a newcomer, he still has a long way to go through in order to survive and grow his business.

He also expressed his gratitude to DUBS for their beliefs in Tusan Ice Cream and RBI Marketing brands.

“I look forward to expanding my business to the whole of Sarawak and Sabah next year,” he added.

The post Roydy attributes success to not shying away from taking risks appeared first on Borneo Post Online.

Source: https://www.theborneopost.com/2019/11/01/roydy-attributes-success-to-not-shying-away-from-taking-risks/