RON97 to cost 20sen more per litre from Sep 1

PUTRAJAYA: The price of premium grade petrol RON97 will be increased to RM2 per litre from Sept 1 onwards, 20sen more per litre, when RON95 becomes available nationwide, said Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.

RON95 petrol and Euro 2M grade diesel is expected to the market by Sept 1. Ismails predecessor, Datuk Shahrir Samad, had said in March that the prices for both upgraded fuels would be the same as the previous grades.

The higher grade RON95 will replace RON92 petrol but will be sold at the same price as the lower-grade petrol.

The Star

Will this lower grade RON95 affect the engine performance?
The greedy government should just maintain the RON97 at RM1.80 :twisted:

I suspect we are using RON95 instead of RON97 now.

They start selling RON95 today at RM1.75 and RON92 at RM1.70.

even msia ron97 are not good enough compare to brunei ron97…our ron97 can makei our engine knocking…u can imagine if we use ron95 more knocking…

even our fuel is ron97…but for me its still low grade oil…so sad…

Datuk Shahrir Samad<—watch out

ron97 mix with ron95, u will get ron96.

mix again with kerosene…its octane booster haha

RON95-regular(red in colour) RON92-??
Najib masuk straight away naik harga minyak again. Why there’s no sound of PKR number one man this time?

92 is regulat lo, not 95, bro

ermm…me kinda dumb in tis section…ron 97,95 & 92 are which 1? regular,super & diesel?

ANyone knows what Shell V-Power grade is? It’s definitely higher than RON 97. It costs RM2.15/L when RON97 was RM1.92/L

Anothing is the new EURO2M diesel. ANyone knows how much will that be?

one reason of different RON in different country is effected geographically … think about it.

[size=200]RM2 for a liter of RON97 from 1st September![/size]
May 12, 2009 at 12:26 pm Filed under Malaysian Fuel Prices

Despite the change of ministry leadership, the proposed restructuring of fuel grades and pricing will go ahead as scheduled. The new Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob has announced that the price of RON97 fuel will be increased to RM2.00 per liter from the 1st of September 2009 onwards, which is also the date that RON95 and Euro 2M diesel are expected to be introduced into the market. That is an RM0.20 increase from the current price. Weve paid RM2 per liter for RON97 before as that was the price during the period of the 18th of November 2008 to the 2nd of December 2008.

Its not known yet at the moment what the new RON95 grade fuel (which replaces RON92 in the market) will be priced at, but when Datuk Shahrir was the minister he said that RON95 would be priced at the same price as RON92, with the income from RON97s hiked price used to subsidise RON95 fuel.

Hopefully this is still the plan. Get ready for massive jams at the petrol stations on the last day of August!

UPDATE: RON95 fuel will be replacing RON92 and will be priced at RM1.75 per liter, which is up RM0.05 from RON92 prices. Although nationwide roll-out is only expected to be fully ready by September 1st 2009, the new RON95 grade fuel is already available at 2 Petronas stations in Putrajaya. In addition, there will not be any ceiling price for RON97 fuel so petrol companies can feel free to come up with premium versions such as Shell V-Power as long as they inform the government.

[quote=“annunaki”]ANyone knows what Shell V-Power grade is? It’s definitely higher than RON 97. It costs RM2.15/L when RON97 was RM1.92/L

Anothing is the new EURO2M diesel. ANyone knows how much will that be?[/quote]

vpower ron98.

how bout Ron-aldo 100

wat is the official price of oil on 1 sep?

so rm20 only hav 10liter… OMG!!~
should change my fuel-guzzle engine to low fuel consumption engine…
my car only manage to get 55km/rm10… argh…

Should be RM2.00 for RON97, RM1.75 for RON95 and RM1.70 for RON92 per litre.

ok thanx for the piece of info starliner and i think its still ok as its still under RM2 hehe