Roadblock Hassle in Brunei & Possibly Miri

Hi all,

Today a friend of mine was asked to strip her window tint of her car at the roadblock in Brunei. Many Malaysians and Bruneians are affected. SO please please be careful.

On the other hand the Local Police/JPJ will attempt ‘balas balik’ for what happened to the Malaysian cars in Brunei by possibly conducting a strict roadblock. So make sure your car is in ‘legal’ condition and don’t leave your driving license at home.

Just be careful friends…

i think the front 6 inch tint won’t be a problem

like hell it wouldn’t. My friend’s front 5 inch tinit pun kena. Ask to strip it off on the spot bro

actually is cannot at all :mrgreen: i tok i told u before?

It’s been like that as long as I could remember. If you’re thinking of going to Brunei either use an approved window tint or none at all. One thing good (or bad - depending on your perspective) about Brunei police is that they are highly consistent, and such checks happen all year round, not just during certain times.

Modded aerokits are a no-no as well, unless it’s minimal or a factory-approved one. Moving this thread to C.M.H. forum.

Oh no… i planned to drive to Sabah in the next 2 weeks through Brunei (of course).
My car is factory tinted but JPJ compliant and i also have that 5" black tint on top of the front windscreen. Should I be worry?

s long s its tinted…its out…if u use a light tinted maybe can escape la…not too dark if u come to brunei…here ikut mood…

hmmm… shall i cancel my trip…

i oso considering to go to brunei last time, but when my friend told me that tinted car for sure kna tangkap…cancel my trip to brunei then…

NOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU…!!! :cry:

wuahahahahahahahaha

EF the first one who reponse :smiley:

ok time to peel off the tint first! EF you have to tolong :smiley:

Normally what i do is, I told Brunei’s traffic that 50% tinted on side mirrow is approve in Malaysia and I just ‘tumpang lalu saja’. Be humble to them and they always let me go.

[quote=“dasolve”]wuahahahahahahahaha

EF the first one who reponse :smiley:

ok time to peel off the tint first! EF you have to tolong :D[/quote]

hmmmmm, need meh?..hmmmmm…u wan to sacrifice ur tint?

EF, or else wait till they tangkap then we peel?

mine the front also losing colour anyway (6 inch)

back is 8 inch

EF, or else wait till they tangkap then we peel?

mine the front also losing colour anyway (6 inch)

back is 8 inch

I tot, I’m the only one doing that. My windscreen is 8 inch tint, side window 70%, front & back mirror 50% sun cool tint. I always say 50% is approve in Malaysia, even it’s > 50%. :slight_smile:

Brunei cars all have no tint not even the 6" in front and that’s their law. Their nation follows it.

On the other hand, what is the actual local Malaysian standard? like V-Kool some say ok and others say not. So what’s the real deal eh?

I heard also Brunei no restrictions on exhaust so they can be as loud till heavens can hear but ours can’t. Funny eh?

Conclusion: Just rip your tints and call it a day :wink:

OR

Conclusion: Always avoid major roads everyday :mrgreen:

Wah, imagine rip off the v-kool $$$$, might as well rip off the owner’s skin… :shock:

Crap… and am traveling there tomorrow to visit relatives…

hahahahahaha… tinted just take off… wear sun glasses saja!!!