Road project to spur Baleh progress

Road project to spur Baleh progress

Date Posted : Monday 04-Jul-2016

• Masing signing a visitors book at the launching of the construction of Baleh Road development project.

KAPIT: Deputy Chief Minister, Tan Sri Datuk Amar Dr James Jemut Masing was overjoyed with the approval of the proposed Baleh Road project.

This is because it will spur the development at Baleh areas.

“We have been waiting for thirty-three years and now finally the Baleh Road project is on construction. I must thank the state government to build this development project.

“This road can be done because the people of Baleh have voted for it. The fact is that this road is possible because the proposed Baleh Dam and that the people have voted for it,” explained Masing who is also the Minister of Infrastructure Development and River Transport while officiating at the miring ceremony of the ‘Project Jalan Akses Ke Tapak Empangan Baleh’ on Saturday.

“It is through the full support of all the Tuai Rumah that the road construction can be done smoothly. The contractor therefore must be very kind to assist them,” stressed Masing.

The ceremony was held at Sungai Stapang, Sepata Baleh about two hours speed boat journey from Kapit town.

The road construction from Baleh Bridge to Sungai Sebetang which is roughly half the total distance of 70.013 km of the Baleh road project worth RM1,4 billion.

On the proposed construction of the RM10 billion Baleh Dam, Masing said the construction of dam among others was to provide power throughout Sarawak, the people of Kuching, Sibu, Bintulu, Miri whereby the industries can be started because it needed electricity.

On the career and employment Masing said that the construction of the Baleh Dam required some 3500 workers of all profession all the way down the construction line.

“I hope job employment priority needs to be given to the people of Baleh here,” he said.

Among those present at the function were Pelagus State Assemblyman Wilson Nyabong Ijang, Kapit Resident Joseph Belayong Punan, Bukit Mabong District Officer Douglas Pungga, senior government officials and community leaders.

Please enable JavaScript to view the comments powered by Disqus.

comments powered by

LikeTweet

Source: http://miri.my/2016/07/04/road-project-to-spur-baleh-progress/