Returning Cycling

(one2many) #1

Hi guys,

Just now I found my old bicycle. I don’t really know what type of bicycle is it.
I left cycling hobby for about 5 years now, and the bicycle would surely bought somewhere in 2006-07.
However, I planned on getting cycling again either by myself or with groups (if there’s any).
I got motivated to cycle again because it could a good routine, and I want to go around with my bicycle.
For example; if I have a group, A will lead us to a place, when arrived, hang out then go back. Next week, B and so on.
If by myself, I could go anywhere I want, go to the beach or something.
Unfortunately, my bicycle didn’t look to good. The paint don’t look quite stunning, the alignment of front tyre looks funny, the saddle is not good, the brake system not functioning, the tyres are puncture. I planned on fixing in, since it an old bike I had when I was 11/12 years old, it have a nostalgic value on me, even it is a cheap bicycle. HAHA. I’m not rich.
How much do you think it’s worth it, the cycling comeback, fixing the bicycle and all? Thank you :slight_smile:

(vertigo) #2

put some pics la…who knows your bicycle might look like below then ppl so hard to give their opinion on your matter

(Smallee) #3

one2many,

There is a shop near Boulevard called Hiap Ho Cycle Work. That is the place most of the cyclist hang out. You can bring your bike there and have the owner to take a look and give you a quote on how much to get your bike to shape.

Honestly, there are 2 kinds of active cyclists in Miri, Road bike and mountain bike. So depending what which one you like to join, they ride in different days of the week.

Once again, go to the shop and you will know more.

(BlackHyppo) #4

before at school i use to have a group called Mind Murder!! sound scary is it…ehehehehehe…
my bmx body is Body S type if not mistaken the others stuff i dont remember what it is and order from Rupert Rage Kuching and dont that name is correct too or not!

(one2many) #5

[quote=“Smallee”]one2many,

There is a shop near Boulevard called Hiap Ho Cycle Work. That is the place most of the cyclist hang out. You can bring your bike there and have the owner to take a look and give you a quote on how much to get your bike to shape.

Honestly, there are 2 kinds of active cyclists in Miri, Road bike and mountain bike. So depending what which one you like to join, they ride in different days of the week.

Once again, go to the shop and you will know more.[/quote]

Thanks for commenting, smallee. I know that shop! I will walk there soon, but not with the bike. It’s ugly just like me :slight_smile:
I’m planning to paint the body white, the rim black. Maybe fix the brake system, tyres and the alignments too. My bike looks like a mountain bike except my bike don’t have absorber and the handlebars is normal-straight with a curve.

[quote=“BlackHyppo”]before at school i use to have a group called Mind Murder!! sound scary is it…ehehehehehe…
my bmx body is Body S type if not mistaken the others stuff i dont remember what it is and order from Rupert Rage Kuching and dont that name is correct too or not![/quote]

Wow, mind murder? It is scary! So, when you was at school, you do bicycle freestyle? haha. Anyway, thanks for commenting :slight_smile:

(subarufreak96) #6

hey could you post a photo of it maybe I can see what you can do to it :smiley:
usually saddles can change to any type of brand you want it just depends on your taste.I have a BMX bike but with a different brand saddle but the feeling when sitting on it feels good :smiley: :smiley: :lol: :lol:

(BlackHyppo) #7

free style bro!! ehehe… konvoi to Tanjong Lobang during weekend from Lutong Baru.
i sell my bicycle part separately before.

(one2many) #8

[quote=“subarufreak96”]hey could you post a photo of it maybe I can see what you can do to it :smiley:
usually saddles can change to any type of brand you want it just depends on your taste.I have a BMX bike but with a different brand saddle but the feeling when sitting on it feels good :smiley: :smiley: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Okay, I’ll try to find a camera soon. Yeah, I want a saddle that feels like a sofa. hahaa, joking. :slight_smile:
Oh, I see. If we’re cycling for a long distance, good feeling of saddle is vital! :smiley:

(one2many) #9

[quote=“BlackHyppo”]free style bro!! ehehe… konvoi to Tanjong Lobang during weekend from Lutong Baru.
i sell my bicycle part separately before.[/quote]

Nice! I’m sure you got some skills, yeahh! :smiley:
I want something like that too, konvoi to a place then hang out.
And and and… if I want to go back home, I’ll use my bike! HAHA Instead of walking, which I’ve done that for years.

(subarufreak96) #10

my bicycle is trash now.just sit there doing nothing and collecting dust.the last time i ride my bicycle was 6 or 5 years.I drift with it alot and keep changing my back tyres and brakes.but than my back lose control on a wet surface crash and fell.the brake nw is malfuctioning and im lazy to fix it :lol: :lol:

(one2many) #11

You’re similar to me, the last time I ride my bicycle was 5-6 years too. hahaa…
Wow, drift? That’s explains why you need to change your rear tyres and brakes! Massive!
Ahaha, maybe sooner or later, you would want to ride again? Yes, no?

(subarufreak96) #12

Wow, drift? That’s explains why you need to change your rear tyres and brakes! Massive!
Ahaha, maybe sooner or later, you would want to ride again? Yes, no?[/quote]

yup i wanna ride again just that im to lazy to repair it.and yes drift but the brakes length is longer compare to a normal one which is short cause i use the longer type of brakes cause this can cause the tyre at the back to fully lock and slide but not to tight when turning the screw if to tight u cant paddle.

(one2many) #13

Ahaha, maybe sooner or later, you would want to ride again? Yes, no?[/quote]

yup i wanna ride again just that im to lazy to repair it.and yes drift but the brakes length is longer compare to a normal one which is short cause i use the longer type of brakes cause this can cause the tyre at the back to fully lock and slide but not to tight when turning the screw if to tight u cant paddle.[/quote]

Wow great! You should repair it, once you’re not lazy :slight_smile:
I don’t know how to drift, that must be hard to do.
Oh, I didn’t know there’s a long and short type of brakes, thanks for telling me! :smiley:
Anyway, I planned to fix and paint my bicycle, I really do! And and and it’s cheaper than buying a rig :’( I think…

(subarufreak96) #14

actually is really easy just press the back brake gently or depends on your setting wether u screw it hard or soft long or short doesnt matter but i prefer the long one cause won’t worn out easily and its very effective compare to the short length.I will take a photo of it and show you how it looks like the short and long brakes.

(one2many) #15

Oh I see, but I have disassemble the bicycle parts. Get ready for painting, hopefully. I just don’t know what paint to buy.
Alright, thank you. :slight_smile:

(subarufreak96) #16

Oh I see, but I have disassemble the bicycle parts. Get ready for painting, hopefully. I just don’t know what paint to buy.
Alright, thank you. :)[/quote]

try silver colour maybe it looks nice :smiley:
my bike still has its original colour silver and shines too.if clean that is.

(one2many) #17

Alright, thank you. :)[/quote]

try silver colour maybe it looks nice :smiley:
my bike still has its original colour silver and shines too.if clean that is.[/quote]

Silver? Actually I planned on white frame and black rims. :slight_smile:
Just I don’t know what type of paint to use and how to do it correctly.
Some tutorials says that I need 3 types of paint; primer, desired color and clear coat.

(subarufreak96) #18

woooooo going through all that paint is expensive!! usually that type of paint is done to cars.is better just take a spray can and sandpaper to paint you bicycle.doing that can cause u alot of money.

(one2many) #19

Yeah, I’m gonna use primer, desired colour and clear coat of spray paint. haha :slight_smile:

(subarufreak96) #20

gonna cost alot but the result will be satisfying.good luck on that :smiley: