Retiree wins RM 57Mil jackpot

Updated: Friday January 20, 2012 MYT 6:43:43 PM
Retiree wins RM57mil in record jackpot payout
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi … sec=nation

SELANGOR: A retiree’s massive RM57mil Supreme Toto 6/58 win has set a new record for jackpot winnings in the country.

The retiree, who is in his 70s, said it had been hard to keep calm after he first learnt of his win from a local daily a day after the draw last Wednesday.

“It was so huge a shock that could even have triggered a heart attack!” he quipped, in a press statement from Sports Toto Malaysia Friday.

The Supreme Toto 6/58 jackpot has only been won twice before, each time coming up to less than RM48 mil. The retiree’s win not only marks a new record for Supreme Toto 6/58 winnings, but also for jackpot winnings in Malaysia.

His record-breaking win comes only days after the Toto 4D Jackpot of RM7.1mil was won by a Sabahan in his 40s on Jan 15. The Toto 4D second prize of RM171,000 was won on the same draw.

The retiree said he had created his winning set of numbers, 2, 12, 24, 25, 32, and 33, after diligently studying all the numbers that had been drawn before. He said he enjoyed studying number trends and creating lucky number combinations to bet on, and spent moderate sums on number games in his free time.

“It is certainly a great Chinese New Year gift,” the retiree said of his win.

Asked what he planned to do with the money, the retiree said he planned to dedicate most of his newfound fortune to his grandchildren’s future educational needs.

He added he had no big plans for himself, but wanted to use the money to help the less fortunate.

No name, no photo…phantom winner lol. I dont really believe in all this shyt, feels like a gimmick. Unlike foreign state lotteries, you can watch the process they pick for the winning number live and names of winner will be published.

Don’t you think it is too dangerous to reveal the identity of the winner?

We live in a country where even politician can be robbed.

No doubt criminal will target the winner for some quick cash.

if you publish the name,potential ‘stuffs’ may happend.
Don’t forget there is always someone hunger for such amount of money.

i wouldn’t let people know also, i will bring my family for and close friends for a treat…

Don’t you think it is too dangerous to reveal the identity of the winner?

We live in a country where even politician can be robbed.

No doubt criminal will target the winner for some quick cash.[/quote]

agree wholeheartedly with whatman…

For the sake of the winner and the family’s safety of course the identity should not be revealed…