Remedy if cops refuse to accept reports

KUALA LUMPUR: The public can lodge complaints at the state police headquarters or to higher authorities against personnel who refuse to accept reports made at police stations.

Deputy Internal Security Minister Datuk Fu Ah Kiow said such complaints were often received and disciplinary action could be taken against the irresponsible person.

Jot down the name of the police personnel involved, he said in reply to Senator Hiang A Li, who alleged that the public sometimes faced problems in lodging police reports.

Besides police’s refusal to accept the case, the public were often referred to other police stations to make the report, said Hiang.

Replying to Senator Krisnan N.S. Maniam, Foo said the public could lodge a police report online using the Police Reporting System at the nearest police station. The system has been in use since 2002. Bernama … sec=nation