Relationship

How and when would you start a relationship?

Friend then lover or 1st sight love then dating or otherssssssssssss?

Welcome all your sharing.

Hah! good question! I was starting to wonder about this when I turned 22 waiting for a bus next to Curtin University in Perth WA & haven’t had a date, not in ages, but never… ever.

Obiously some of you may know I had tried to attract Mary, the headgirl’s attention when I was 15 in St Joe, but that was always going to be an abortive attempt due to merciless teasing by my close circle of dependable & trusted friends I’d mistakenly choose to share my thoughts with - ie. classmates St Joe. (& Gordon if you ever read this, you’re a bastard!) I later realise these guys were only dependable and trusted when we were bored & needed a plan to get up to no good.

So there I was @ the bus stop and an attractive young lady walks up @ I said Hi & 1 yr later we got married in a simple ceremony (with money she saved up while working - I was still studying & smarter her got out uni before I did) & this December’ll be our 10th anniversary. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Peter Choy”]Hah! good question! I was starting to wonder about this when I turned 22 waiting for a bus next to Curtin University in Perth WA & haven’t had a date, not in ages, but never… ever.

Obiously some of you may know I had tried to attract Mary, the headgirl’s attention when I was 15 in St Joe, but that was always going to be an abortive attempt due to merciless teasing by my close circle of dependable & trusted friends I’d mistakenly choose to share my thoughts with - ie. classmates St Joe. (& Gordon if you ever read this, you’re a bastard!) I later realise these guys were only dependable and trusted when we were bored & needed a plan to get up to no good.

So there I was @ the bus stop and an attractive young lady walks up @ I said Hi & 1 yr later we got married in a simple ceremony (with money she saved up while working - I was still studying & smarter her got out uni before I did) & this December’ll be our 10th anniversary. :)[/quote]

may i know how old r you and why are you guys gettin married just after a yr of courtship? ( No offence, but just wonder, coz normally , ppl go for 3 to 4 yrs before gettin into marriage)

Peter, congrats on your coming anniversary and longevity & prosperity.

To answer JC’s question -

Dating is a process where you choose whether someone is suitable or not to be your life partner, and if he & she isn’t suitable first dates are easily dumped. heheheh. Most guys will screw up their dates if it is the first time anyway so girls will think he’s a complete idiot or something. Don’t ask me how I know this. Oh wait, just gave it away…

[quote=“jc”]
may i know how old r you and why are you guys gettin married just after a yr of courtship? ( No offence, but just wonder, coz normally , ppl go for 3 to 4 yrs before gettin into marriage)[/quote]

1. He’s good at courting girls and he didn’t know it at the time, and then he;
  2. …now works in a diamond mine, like that’s just about every girl’s best dream come true.

Hahaha…gud 1 Ian…well said…

JC - Everyone hv their own way on starting a relationship…sm started wt jst a fren then bcome lovers, sm fall in luv 8 1st sight (which i don blief 8 all), sm even hvin a relationship due been ‘matched’ by family members o frenz…wateva it is, wat matter d most is hw u retain d relationship 2 last longer once it started… :wink:

Congrats Peter…i envy u… :smiley:

i dun believe in love at 1st sight. u migh just feel something for that guy/girl because of physical apperance when u first see him/her. That is “like” oni. I think when u “love” someone, u want to share everything with that person and care alot about that person.

for me, friend can never be a good lover, especially good friend because two are too alike. u share the same interest and share the samething. Opposite attract. Because of some differences that make a relationship exciting.

Me and my gf have been together for quite sometime liaw (too shy to say how many years… :oops: ). we do share some common thing but there are something that we dun agree on but we know this is out differences and we can have a friendly “debate” about it…hehehe…the most common thing we debate about is “Is this girl pretty or nbot?”…hahaha…my taste for a beautiful girl and hers is different. Guy, we kind of share the view about how good looking the guy is.

Sorry, off topic liaw. for me, we start from “like” so we date that person lo. know about them liaw and see if “like” will turn to “love” lo. if cannot, still can be a friend lo…hehehehe

not at all, good question. You’re going like this: We decided to get married after 3 months. Hah Ian, on courting girls, until i met SL i didn’t even have a gf ever!

back to why we got married so quickly: I must have been desperate at that time, obviously @ 22 years old, I didn’t know what I was doing. lol

& thanks ladybird :slight_smile:

Queblur; Dont worry, SL and I don’t agree on much either.

That’s why you’re so good. :smiley:

Ian you’re making me blush. Hey enough about me alreay! what about others?

Wow… 10th Anniversary! That’s so schweeett… Congrats, Peter!

Well, for me…
I’ll only start a serious relationship with a guy when the feeling for him is very strong. And i’m not the type who’ll confess to a guy. I’ll always keep the feeling. Eekss… i’m so old-fashioned. :stuck_out_tongue:

me… ermmm… love at first sight i think… back in 1998… im not into gf gf thingy that time. but then i saw this girl with my classmate at Planet cafe.
my classmate(girl) dint introduce me to her anyway… but then… i feel like i fall for her smile…
then got her contact number… just call each other for 5 month… then we start to date… and now 8 years together. 8 years 1 month to be precise.

anyway… happy 10th Anniversary Peter.

wow…peter choy…u r in mining industry …got wifey…
i think you are millionaire by now…right?

damn it…i miss crushes during my school times, i mean the memory is so good…whether being screwed cuz of frens or being rejected!!!..really miss my school days…!!!dating during school is probably not reliable but crushes during school is very cherishable…part of growing up…

agree with you…cherisable moment…ehmm…i missed those days as well…

:lol: Tell us more Peter … Did she propose or you did?

off course I did lar!

reminder to also answer JC’s original post too to prevent thread mutation for those who just saw this thread…