RELA at Mirian's Residency

Have you guys notice that a lot of RELA fellows hanging your residency especially at Permy area nowadays? What is the main purpose and what are they doing there? Personally I couldn’t see any positives impact from them as from my observation, they are more like “lepak-ing”, “chit-chatting” rather than “securing” the residency IF their main purpose is “SECURING” laa…

You’re lucky your area at least have some sort of enforcement presence to ‘deter’ potential criminals. Indeed they should be moving around instead of staying at a particular spot especially in a huge group.

There are many other housing areas waiting/asking for such presence to be available as well. For now such areas will have to depend on MPVs only :roll:

They are volunteers team, they are out there to help securing the area, and they also need to protect their own lives…

Those are hired by the house owner to look after their house especially those having wedding function cos’ the house will usually be empty at nite when they attend the wedding dinner.

Are we able to ‘hire’ rela to look after our houses?

Are we able to ‘hire’ rela to look after our houses?[/quote]

Can, there are actually different group of RELA and some are indeed very professional and responsible one unlike those you see patroling the commercial centres and streets which mostly comprises young kids.
Their office is at the upstair of Mdm. Wee cafe at Krokop.
This group also being hirer for big functions eg. at the Miri stadium to instruct the traffic and crowds.

But most of the time they are staying at one location instead of moving around. This is what I see la. I’m not really sure if it is different from what you guys see.

Like what i’ve said, these RELA are hirer by the house owner to specifically look after their house while they are away , thats why u don’t see them moving around, if really their their station, meaning they “snake” lor…
So, those staying next door also untung lor.

thanks for the info.

I wonder if they provide assurance if the house they are supposed to be ‘watching’ gets broken in to during the period they were hired to ‘jaga’ it.

Like what i’ve said, these RELA are hirer by the house owner to specifically look after their house while they are away , thats why u don’t see them moving around, if really their their station, meaning they “snake” lor…
So, those staying next door also untung lor.[/quote]

Hirer by house owner in one big group? Wow! i guess the house owner is very rich until can hire RELA fellow more than 10 people. :lol: Joking~

many time i had saw them chit-chat below the tree in front of emart police station-(maybe they hired to watching the tree growing up) :lol: :lol: :lol:

As far as I’m aware, Rela is grouped by area - e.g. Rela Kawasan Bandar Miri, Rela Kawasan Pujut and so on …

Every group have different way of doing things … Not saying who is right or wrong here instead I’m just sharing what I know …

Some collect money from that neighbourhood then they will patrol that area
Some patrol with polis
Some requested by house owner to guard house
Some requested by organiser to act as security for the event

Could be preparing for impending riot during post-election era, perhaps standing by to enforce emergency state aftr that.