The position will be responsible for providing leadership and direction in all aspects of student engagement, administration and management and responsible for ensuring that Division activities and functions are carried out in a highly coordinated, efficient and effective manner. Duties include overall planning in terms of operations and budgeting, setting divisional goals and monitoring performance as well as ensuring that all activities are carried out to the highest professional standards and to provide the highest level customer service to all students and parents of the University.
The Director, as a senior member of the University, is also expected to contribute to the effective running of the University more broadly by active involvement in other activities and participation in relevant committees including the Executive Group, and with Swinburne Melbourne.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or postgraduate qualification in any discipline from a recognised institution.
- Relevant working experience in management of student university life-cycle and student matters.
- Leadership qualities and proven ability to motivate and mentor staff.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- A sound knowledge of the breadth of student administration functions.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills, including the ability to handle sensitive situations.
- Excellent organisational skills including planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting.
- A good knowledge of quality assurance and enhancement systems and processes.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and influencing skills including the ability to develop effective working and collaborative relationships with a range of stakeholders and staff from different levels within the University.
- Proven track record in team management with ability to lead, coach and develop others and effectively build an effective team environment.
More details and requirements for the position can be found on our website:
HOW TO APPLY:
The “Application Process” section in our website indicates the steps you need to follow. Please download the Position Description document from our website for your reference.
All applications must be submitted on or before 7 June 2019.
All applications will be acknowledged and treated with the strictest confidence.
Please e-mail your application to firstname.lastname@example.org