R/C Hobby in Miri

drone
rc

(stewart_2611) #13901

Thanks allokitty. I bought few item from myyhobby.com before. Currently they don’t have OSD. BTW, nice view u have there. What camera you use for that pic and what is your fpv flight max range?

(allokitty) #13902

I use GoPro HERO4 BLACK, got me between 9~12min flight time range 800mtr~1.2km.

(allokitty) #13903
stewart_2611 said:
Anyone selling second hand OSD? I'm interested to get one.
Hey Stewart,
Good news for you, i dig around some old boxes and found these two type of OSD namely: E-OSD and G-OSDII with GPS module flashed with UOSD firmware.
Depends which one you want.

G-OSD display module with GPS:

(SuperBen6) #13904

I love these toys…even 5yo kids can fly them nowadays!
all can control with iphone or ipad…SO EASY

only no use unless you are a farmer or plantation owner really

cheers!

(myykiller) #13905

anyone got sell rc drift???

(stewart_2611) #13906

Tq allokitty. I don’t mind getting that G-OSD II. Currently, I’m flying Skysurfer 2000mm.

(stewart_2611) #13907

Skyzone Goggles

(stewart_2611) #13908
allokitty said:
Anyone selling second hand OSD? I'm interested to get one.
Hey Stewart,
Good news for you, i dig around some old boxes and found these two type of OSD namely: E-OSD and G-OSDII with GPS module flashed with UOSD firmware.
Depends which one you want.

+The left side in the photo is E-OSD display time and lipo level
+The right side on the photo is G-OSDII with GPS navigation support but i already flashed to have a home arrow, compass and altitude indicator like jet fighter HUD.

I'll check if both works because last time it was used on P-51D Mutangs and Pitts Special aerobatic flight before upgrade to better ones. The wires were cut but properly soldered so if you're good with soldering this one should be ok.

E-OSD display module:

G-OSD display module with GPS:

Thank you for your offer allokitty. I just found minimosd in Mudah.com today and bought it for my APM 2.7 flight controller. Once again, thank you for offers.

(allokitty) #13909
stewart_2611 said:

I'm flying Powerzone Sky Surfer 2000mm. Slow and heavy. But stable.

Current build:
Stock motor D3536-900kv ,ESC 30A, Prop 8*7
Lipo 5700mah 20c
HKPilot APM 2.7
FPV 5.8ghz
Camera SJ4000 HD
Skyzone Goggles
Wow thats one big Sky Surfer you got there, i remember mine just only at 1.4m only. Yes you need to use minimOSD since you're running on APM. So where you're going to fly that plane?

(stewart_2611) #13910

I flew it few times at Marina beach on weekend. Very stable in high wind. Usually I fly at morning. Less people and other RC plane. I’m still try getting use of FPV flight.

I Like This new Forum
(amirulAA) #13911

stewart_2611 said:

I wonder how much is this Powerzone sky surfer 2000mm.Where did you buy it? i'm looking to buy my first rc plane.but still survey2 first..

(stewart_2611) #13912

I bought it at RM399 from hobbytech.com.my . If this is your first time in RC plane hobby, start cheap first as it is common to crash. As you making progress to be an advanced pilot, you will more confident to buy better/expensive RC plane.

(amirulAA) #13913
stewart_2611 said:
I bought it at RM399 from hobbytech.com.my . If this is your first time in RC plane hobby, start cheap first as it is common to crash. As you making progress to be an advanced pilot, you will more confident to buy better/expensive RC plane.
Rm399 is for rtf or kit only? .i am thinking like that as well..is rm399 considered as cheap plane? how many channel?

(stewart_2611) #13914

Mine is PNP version. I bought Turnigy 9X radio tx 8 channel (RM300) and lipo3300mah (RM120) to fly it. Mine need 5 channel (1 for flap). I think RM399 for big airplane is considered cheap. I’ve check most of the RC online shop in Malaysia, so far they don’t have RTF version for same model like mine. If you want to buy RTF set, u can buy Sky Surfer 1400mm at RM399 - Sky Surfer EPO RTF Airplanes with Transmitter, Battery, Charger - Planes (Electric) > Others - RC Planes & Parts

(stewart_2611) #13915

(stewart_2611) #13916

(Boon0101) #13917

Hi guys, got any recommended quadcopter to buy for a beginner?

(wadipsx) #13918
Boon0101 said:
Hi there,

Its cheap if you start with toys one, as there cheap + heavy duty some more.
If you consider to start with hobbyist grade, there not that expensive than you think, cause there are many types available in the market.
please visit www.myyhobby.com or contact us for consultation and we are more than happy to see newcomers to enjoy flying hobby.

Recently we have an Exibition & Funfly during the Miri City Fest event organized by "Kelab RC Pilot Lutong". Hope to see more people and help to promote flying hobby in a etiquette manner.

(wadipsx) #13919

RC Exhibition in wadipsx said:

Boon0101 said:
Hi there,

Its cheap if you start with toys one, as there cheap + heavy duty some more.
If you consider to start with hobbyist grade, there not that expensive than you think, cause there are many types available in the market.
please visit www.myyhobby.com or contact us for consultation and we are more than happy to see newcomers to enjoy flying hobby.

Recently we have an Exibition & Funfly during the Miri City Fest event organized by "Kelab RC Pilot Lutong". Hope to see more people and help to promote flying hobby in a etiquette manner.

(wadipsx) #13920

Sekitar RC Exhibition & FunFLy Sempena Miri City Fest 2015