R/C Hobby in Miri

drone
rc

(Beachboi) #13881

hi Otai

I have fall in love with this hobby almost a year now, I consider myself as a newbie since i only experience with medium RTF quad like hubsan x4 , syma x1 x5 and v222. I am planning to invest more in this hobby ( for aerial photography) and what should i go next ? A.R drone seem nice fpv but i dont like using ipad as a joystick . DJ phantom is way off my budget . Any tips / suggestion?

(allokitty) #13882

Mothernature's fury: Awesome Lightning power!

Want to share something cool you don't see everyday. Quick shots capture stunning images during our fun night fly.

Photos:

(allokitty) #13883

Mother nature's fury: The lightning show

It was lucky night when something unexpected show up, quick shots of beautiful streaking over the skies as we flew around at night.

Photos:

(dyii95) #13884

Would a t-rex 100s or 100x or v911 be better for a guy with 0 knowledge?

(speed10000) #13885

Hi everyone. I’m quite new here. :slight_smile: This section of the forum is awesome with all the RCs! You guys are awesome!

I recently changed the chassis of my quadcopter (of different brands), changed the motors from 7mm to 8mm and added a 720p camera. With a bit of modding, everything went well. The only issue that I am having now is the flight time. It is limited to 1 minute as I’m still using the old 3.7v 250mAh batteries.

I would like like to ask if anyone has a 3.7 500mAh (802042)? Maybe I could borrow or buy from one of you guys? I’m really excited to test it for longer flights. Thanks! :smiley:

(wadipsx) #13886
dyii95 said:
Would a t-rex 100s or 100x or v911 be better for a guy with 0 knowledge?
Hi, V911 is better.....how ever if your ultimate goal is to flying 6ch, better start with 977/922 or simply begin with simulator. Good luck!

(dyii95) #13887

Well I bought myself a Nano QX quad to play with… hehehe

(allokitty) #13888
speed10000 said:
Hi everyone. I'm quite new here. :) This section of the forum is awesome with all the RCs! You guys are awesome!

I recently changed the chassis of my quadcopter (of different brands), changed the motors from 7mm to 8mm and added a 720p camera. With a bit of modding, everything went well. The only issue that I am having now is the flight time. It is limited to 1 minute as I'm still using the old 3.7v 250mAh batteries.

I would like like to ask if anyone has a 3.7 500mAh (802042)? Maybe I could borrow or buy from one of you guys? I'm really excited to test it for longer flights. Thanks! :smiley:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sorry for the late reply, been busy flying this season.
Kool you have a quad, what the brand, model and size? You shouldn't have one minute unless you have overweighted your quad flight load. Thumbs rules for every weight load is any flight platform such as quad can only carry extra 30~35% of from its original factory stock flying weight. My V929 FPV modded quad weight 78gram and achieve flight time of 11 minutes on 3.7v 500mah lipo.

Check out my 78 gram setup on my mini FPV - V929, Full of adventure goodness:

(wadipsx) #13889
Beachboi said:

hi Otai

I have fall in love with this hobby almost a year now, I consider myself as a newbie since i only experience with medium RTF quad like hubsan x4 , syma x1 x5 and v222. I am planning to invest more in this hobby ( for aerial photography) and what should i go next ? A.R drone seem nice fpv but i dont like using ipad as a joystick . DJ phantom is way off my budget . Any tips / suggestion?

You can start with F450 quadcopter. For basic setup will cost you around 600rm of course it exclude your remote. Some like this perhaps: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152880332044560&set=gm.343623712478521&type=1&theater

(ErU) #13890

where can i get tamiya paint here? i know siong lee and toysworld has few. hasnt been visiting hobby shop for quite sometime.

(amirulAA) #13891

Hi,im really interested in rc heli but i never get a chance to see others fly their rc in miri.may i know what time you guys usually play?what day?and where?.And also im still new with thiss hobby.I really need someone to teach me fly rc heli bcause i already crash 2 heli of mine which is v911 and v913

(amirulAA) #13892

And where else can i find rc heli hobby shop beside rc centre near ming cafe?

(Jackson Liaw) #13893

As curious as everyone else in getting our hands on FPV/UAV as a new hobby, I went to read-up on the general FAQ over at our local group’s site. Lots of interesting points being mentioned especially the ethics/rules which surrounds this hobby. Here’s a simple infographic from FAA for newbies (like me) who wants to be part of the local club:

(Apocalypse) #13894

Thanks for the info Jack…

BTW…some bloody idiot likes to fly their drone thing around Miri City Fan scaring everyone.
The damn thing nearly hit my 5 yo niece in the face and took out her eyes.

Should I lodge a police report?

(Jackson Liaw) #13895

I guess it’s nearly the same as any other near-misses - cutting lanes without signal lights, tailgating, cycling on jogging lane, speeding on yellow lights, letting your dog out from the house compound unattended, pedestrian wearing mini-skirts, etc. That’s why there are specific location dedicated for RCs. :smile:

(allokitty) #13896
Apocalypse said:
Thanks for the info Jack...

BTW....some bloody idiot likes to fly their drone thing around Miri City Fan scaring everyone.
The damn thing nearly hit my 5 yo niece in the face and took out her eyes.

Should I lodge a police report?
Sounds dangerous, try track down those guys who flew in crowded places. He should be near by. If you take some photo i probably knew few fellow who like to flew around such place. I flew there too only when nobody around very early in the morning but usually i flew micro size plastic toy grade pocket size but converted into FPV. Miri is on the rise of flying drone because of affordability and curiosity. The problem is they are bunch of newbies and skipping some rules.
Like Jack says before you can read some of my guidelines and tips how to encounter such people:

FAQ guide: http://www.supermotoxl.com/FPV/UAV-flight-tips-how-to-and-guidelines/FPV/UAV-flight-tips-how-to-and-guidelines/faq-for-general-public/menu-id-120.html

I've been doing some free consultation work on drone tech, educational demo to students and helping others to assimilate this tech into public.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My flying activity videos

Its been long time i haven't update cool R/C stuff so here my latest flying activity videos:

(allokitty) #13897

Drone flight, FPV/UAV

Hey, more cool stuff to share on our FPV flight.

Videos:

Subscribe more at my channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/3dxl/videos

(chris420) #13898

Hi, can anyone tell me where I can get 4S 2200mah batteries from please, would need to have an XT60 connector

(stewart_2611) #13899

Anyone selling second hand OSD? I’m interested to get one.

(allokitty) #13900

Hey guys i’m back.

I’ve been away too long busy touring around doing some R/C project and FPV flight all over place. Here share my great flights and breath taking adventure:
Photos:

stewart_2611 said:
Anyone selling second hand OSD? I'm interested to get one.

chris420 said:
Hi, can anyone tell me where I can get 4S 2200mah batteries from please, would need to have an XT60 connector

Maybe you guys can find at at this local r/c website: http://www.myyhobby.com/ They sell lipo with XT60 battery and OSD.