R/C Hobby in Miri

drone
rc

(allokitty) #1

Welcome to Miri Community.net R/C hobby club.
The most active community in Miri.

Come join and share your hobby with us.
Racer, dragster, drifter, rock crawler, miniz, heli, aicraft, motor boat, off-roader, nitro, 1/5, 1/8, 1/10, 1/18, 1/16, 1/24, 1/28, 1/36, 1/40 and etc just talk about it. You can also find good bargain with members in here,.
Got videos, picture, sales, tech tips, support and cool people to hang out with.
Login to tech talk and discussion. Keep it clean ya.

Video playlist of our R/C activity:

(calista) #2

ehmm…my other half also has the same hobby on this RC thingy…he did showed me a shop by the name of HOBBY SHOP. Located same row with Winnie Motor (if i m not mistaken). The shop is on the first floor above a small coffee shop. I dunno if you been to this shop before. Will ask my other half on this again.

([-shane-]) #3

what about order from singapore, it will be alot cheaper :mrgreen:

(allokitty) #4

Ya i know that one, same row as MING CAFE but they only sell bigger RC models but not minature models like KYOSHO MINI-Z, I-WAVER, or MINI 4WD or model kits. People all over Miri still looking for these stuff.

Prefer something i see for real on the shelf, visit and touch it and try it plus services on the spot.

(hbk126) #5

i rem i ever bought a tiny rc subaru wrx from toysworld below the bookshop… the one near servay in cafe 2020 …wonder if its still open

(allokitty) #6

A “Mini-Z I-Waver Subaru” or cheap “Auldey Subaru”? :mrgreen:

(hbk126) #7

think its the cheap one …but its not auldey . i bought around 60-70 i think…cant rem liau bout 2 - 3 yrs ago . can recharge the car on the remote control . pretty cute…can challenge my puppy in terms of speed…since it hasnt got eaten yet

(allokitty) #8

hmmmm… i think that should be TOMY TECH brand. Have you seen KYOSHO around town?

(teamGD) #9

o ok, so u visited Foo’s brother already (same row as ming cafe). hmm. this may be lame, but what bout Toy’s world? haha… yeah, it’s still open

(allokitty) #10

Already, my friend also working at Toys World…dun hav. Last time got lots of MINI-Z. That small piece of hardware can even overtake a big car after upgrade. Need to find a spare one.

(allokitty) #11

Day 1: walking around…still no shop found

(Fiona) #12

fiona wrote :" ermm…wat is the size ah? i wish to get one too :lol:

(Smallee) #13

Allokitty… maybe shud check with Ian… he shud know. :wink:

(zTiLaSo) #14

Foo Brother (FB) r/c on the 1st floor above a coffee shop next to Meng Chai restaurant.
The “taukay” name is Ah Foo and he is usually in the Foo Brother motorbike shop on ground floor.
Mee Hua Shoe shop in town I still see some on the back display windows. Moved from the shop opposite Gloria Hotel.
Ah Beng (mostly Airplane/heli) in krokop, the coffee shop that sell nice laksa near Kong Teck motor.

Also, Siong Lee shop next to Hot Cross Bun at Pelita Commercial.
Toys World only sell the battery operated r/c like Tamiya or that sort, haven’t seen they sell engine type.

I’ve been out of r/c world for more than 2 years now so I don’t know the above info are still accurate or not
but you check it out - good luck.

(allokitty) #15

fiona wrote :" ermm…wat is the size ah? i wish to get one too :lol:[/quote]

The car is very very small, but the performance is equally as good as advance big electric R/C car. But the price is like buynig a new sony erricson phone. I had so much fun with it but now its broken, the differential gear also worn out.

For those who want to know how much frun this little car can be, watch this cool video clip in youtube right here:

YouTube

[quote=“zTiLaSo”]Foo Brother (FB) r/c on the 1st floor above a coffee shop next to Meng Chai restaurant.
The “taukay” name is Ah Foo and he is usually in the Foo Brother motorbike shop on ground floor.
Mee Hua Shoe shop in town I still see some on the back display windows. Moved from the shop opposite Gloria Hotel.
Ah Beng (mostly Airplane/heli) in krokop, the coffee shop that sell nice laksa near Kong Teck motor.

Toys World only sell the battery operated r/c like Tamiya or that sort, haven’t seen they sell engine type.

I’ve been out of r/c world for more than 2 years now so I don’t know the above info are still accurate or not
but you check it out - good luck.
Foo Brother (FB) r/c on the 1st floor above a coffee shop next to Meng Chai restaurant.

but you check it out - good luck.[/quote]

Btw i already check these shop except infront of Gloria, most don’t have MINI-Z models or small size R/C car. Oh where the shop you mentioned about the on infront of Gloria Hotel, i didn’t see any. Its all new building. Where did they move again? I hope Ian saw this post. :shock: :slight_smile:

(Smallee) #16

wow… looks like a rich man toys la… :shock:

(allokitty) #17

Here another cool videos:

YouTube

huhu…its near sunday, i got to drift…must fix :cry: :cry:

(bunyimanok) #18

i thought you can order from foo …he will order for us…but pay extra…

(allokitty) #19

I need to quote first because i want to order spare parts, also wanted to see if the price is just on par with budget. if price of parts = new mini-z then might get a new set of mini-z. I wonder if anyone have 2nd hand set?

Btw you know Foo by close relation?

(bunyimanok) #20

nope only noe by buying from him…hehe