"Miri is dying"

Exact words I overheard from a conversation one shopkeeper utterred as I was walking through after parking my car.

She was referring to today’s newspaper on yet another case of robbery (I haven’t read the news yet), of which there are occurrences once a day.

What’s your take? Would like some of your opinions.

In my humble opinion, I think the community as a whole need to speak up together on this matter… I think the police will not do anything… oops! did I said it wrong… nope… I mean WILL NOT do anything… why? coz recently I received flyers in my neighbourhood… These ex-police or ex-army personnel has setup a PRIVATE firm providing security services to residential area… :shock:

I thought this suppose to be the police job? How come we NEED to PAY AGAIN for our security??? Ian, you are right… Miri is dying… in fact, the WHOLE MALAYSIA is dying… :roll:

there is no welfare in this state…if someone is out of work how do they get money to eat?

Ian, you are right… Miri is dying…

For record, Thyrius, credit goes to shopkeeper, I merely quoted him.

the more those people from peninsular coming here, the faster our miri is dying!!!

Crimes mostly come from foreign labours(from those poorer countries), who need monely badly …

The influx of peninsular people here does give an impact, causing some people facing poverty problem which is the direct cause of thievery and robbery.

[quote=“Thyrius”]These ex-police or ex-army personnel has setup a PRIVATE firm providing security services to residential area… :shock:

I thought this suppose to be the police job? How come we NEED to PAY AGAIN for our security???[/quote]

Everyone’s trying to cash in on the opportunity.

Not entirely accurate, com’on now…

[quote=“ian”]Exact words I overheard from a conversation one shopkeeper utterred as I was walking through after parking my car.
[/quote]

Just a comment from one shopkeeper and already we’re all doomed?

No, just a comment from a shopkeeper got me thinking and asking your opinions.

did she actually said 'or oror