"Do Thing Right" vs "Do Right Thing"

I was asked by Coolman a while ago about definition of ‘Do Thing Right’ and ’ Do Right Thing’. Anyone here like to express own view?

Same meaning, with exception that one assumes you already know what you’re doing, but the other you have to make a judgment.

Moved to lounge.

law class assignment?
i was asked the same q in law class hehe
i answered another one what is good and what is evil

ahahahaa…actually there is a diffrence between Do Things Right n Do Right Things.
those words from a Big Boss asked during one of my part time company stuff annual review.

“Do right things”= Do the correct (or “assign” if ask by the boss) things

“Do things right”= Do the things (does not care if it the the thing/task to do) correctly.

QueBlur,
u had a nice try keep move on…:slight_smile:

‘Do right things’ means do things morally right, aka do good things
‘Do things right’ means do things properly

Kampong_boy,
u r almost there…:slight_smile:

Do right things = Process Oriented

Do things right = Result Oriented

well…im still thinking the way how to explain to u guys…i have to translate it to english, itis the hard part to me becos i have a broken lasap english. give me some time ya…dont flame me ya. :slight_smile:

coolman…it is in English

you can’t translate english to english!!

actually my boss is using chinese to tell me about it “Do Things Right n Do Right Things” (Zuo Shi Dui n Zuo Dui Shi)

ahr ur boss have explanation too cool
i wanna hear about it

“do things right” <<-----which is u (do the things) to the right way.
“do right things” <<-----which is u (do the right things) to the right way.

[quote=“coolman_wrx”]“do things right” <<-----which is u (do the things) to the right way.
“do right things” <<-----which is u (do the right things) to the right way.[/quote]

Wow… it’s a rocker scientist theme la but after studying and digested them into my brain here is what I see…

Do the right thing the right way… is that make sense to u?? :lol: :lol:

yessss…bingo smallee ! u r so clever !

we always have to do the right things, dont always do the things to be right ! :slight_smile:

so coolman, is your boss expecting you to do things right or do the right things?

in most works, you are trained and expected to do things right - there are processes, procedures, work-flows, guidelines, etc.

but to do the right thing, that’s a lot harder. top people in management are suppose to make those decisions, and they don’t always get them right too. something like ethics can still control - for e.g. your management say, we always follow the laws, or we will not pay custom kopi-o to reduce import duty, so you just stick to it. easy. but if the decisions are like: to buy or not to buy, take a job or drop it, etc. where the right and wrong are not obvious and sometime only known by hindsight. who’s to say what’s right and what’s wrong?

[quote=“stupidhead”]
but to do the right thing, that’s a lot harder. top people in management are suppose to make those decisions, and they don’t always get them right too. something like ethics can still control [/quote]

every company has own procedure n rules to follow. then u just follow it, what to do if u r just a office boy or a clerk ? u can always ask the management to give u an instruction to make a decisions. as long as u didnt modify it or seek to the shortcut.

if got related with money method i suggest u just give him a report to view n let him make decisions. too sensitive if got money related. always be caution handel with it.

Do Things Right ------ dont do the things to be the Right.
Do Right Things ------ do the right things to be the focus point.

example: got one guy he no money, he need money, he go do as a robber. (what things he do ? r he do things right or do right things ?)

his do right things ------ his intention n action is the Do Right Things.becos he need money so that he figure out the way how to find money source.
his do things right ------ he is right too, he finnally got the money what he want it. just that his wrong way is he use robbing to get the money. he is in Do Things Right.

[quote=“coolman_wrx”]
we always have to do the right things, dont always do the things to be right ! :)[/quote]

Is this a translated version straight from chinese again? I catch “no ball” la… :roll: :roll: :roll:

arr… second tot… after reading so much comments… here is my second digestion…

First… u must know how to do thing right, then once u know how to do thing right, then u will be able to do the right thing…- Yes??

and if u do not know how to do thing right, then how are u going to do the right thing?? betul tak??

Another round of bingo plsssss… :lol: :lol:

Coolman…as i though
Do Things Right= do the thing which you self think it is right.
Do Right Things ------ do the right thing which others and your self think it is right to do.

im not sure about this but there is a slogan from me to your boss too…

JUST DO IT!!! a copyright slogan from NIKE hiak hiak hiak :mrgreen: