[Query] Free to Air (FTA) Satellite Receiver

Recently, my family plans to purchase a satellite dish and receiver to view FTA channels from Chinasat 6B.

I noticed there are several sellers advertising their services at newspapers’ ads section.

Let just say, I had called and messaged 4 of those sellers =/ unsatisfactory services.
When I inquiry about the receiver model and overall cost of installation, non of them gave me what I wanted to know. *
I refer the decoder as receiver.

Example:

1. I asked if the openbox/skybox available, they just told me, “our receivers are made in China, good quality, got spare part etc…” (I am asking about the model !?). The seller just kept on promoting his some unknown brand receiver.

2. Second seller, have the model that I just need. After chatting and agreeing on dish and receiver price, suddenly he insisted on charging me for set up receiver settings stuff. At the beginning of the chat, I already told him that I just need dish and decoder as I will setup the receiver myself. Then he ended the call after cursing me to die =.=. WTF? He planned to charge me extra RM800 (RM500 for dish and decoder) for setting up the receiver aka decoder with channel list. (This one can be done by running a simple blind scan)

And so, I decide to ask the wise MiriCommunity.net users for recommendation on reliable FTA Satellite receiver sellers.

pergi kedai 100 near tudan rpr .

Can pm me the shop contact number? Thanks in advance :smiley:

U can call my assosiate at 019-8550935 Mr Andrew. My advise, U may install the system by u self but without the tools u will never get the right position for all the sattelite.

Can pm me the shop contact number? Thanks in advance :D[/quote]

no number but the tauke very friendly 1 get the 6’ 1 more channel

no number but the tauke very friendly 1 get the 6’ 1 more channel[/quote]

I am currently messaging the number that forumer orlando mentioned just now. Now awaiting reply…

EDIT: Thanks everyone, I already come into agreement for installation tomorrow morning at RM830. :lol:

I am currently messaging the number that forumer orlando mentioned just now. Now awaiting reply…

EDIT: Thanks everyone, I already come into agreement for installation tomorrow morning at RM830. :lol:[/quote]

What brand & model is that?

EDIT: Thanks everyone, I already come into agreement for installation tomorrow morning at RM830. :lol:[/quote]

What brand & model is that?[/quote]

Finally, the installation is completed, so far, so good. Thumb up for Mr Andrew. Quite a friendly guy.

The model is Openbox Q9+ and the dish is M-Sat 1.8m (diameter). It is fixed at Chinasat 6B.

The Openbox Q9+ has component video (YPbPr) and HDMI output. It can function as PVR as well, however, I haven’t tested this particular function yet.

Hi John, may i know how many channels it can be view?

Finally, the installation is completed, so far, so good. Thumb up for Mr Andrew. Quite a friendly guy.

The model is Openbox Q9+ and the dish is M-Sat 1.8m (diameter). It is fixed at Chinasat 6B.

The Openbox Q9+ has component video (YPbPr) and HDMI output. It can function as PVR as well, however, I haven’t tested this particular function yet.[/quote]

is the M-Sat Dish Korean or China Made?

Only FTA channels can be viewed (encrypted channels can’t be viewed), these are shown at the decoder TV list, you can manually add any missing channel if you know the transponder frequency (lazy to list the radio channel, too many):
EDIT: You can find the transponder list at http://www.lyngsat.com/ChinaSat-6B.html
CCTV 1
CCTV 2
CCTV 7
CCTV 10
CCTV 11
CCTV 12
CCTV 15
CCTV 14
CCTV 13
CCTV 4A
CCTV 9 Documentary
CCTV News
CCTV F
CCTV E
CCTV R
CCTV A
GXTV
SZTV
Guandong1
BTV
BTV KAKU
hnstv
HebeiTV
HubeiTV
FJTV
Henan TV
Tianjian TV
Ahtv
CETV1
DVT
JSWS
JSYMKT
SichuanTV
Kangba
JXTV1
SDETV
SXTVS
NLTV
SHANXI TV
ShanDongTV
GZTV
GSTV
ZJTV
CQTV
Ningxia TV
SBN
OTV6
jykaton
DVT
CHINIC 10K101
NMTV-M
NMTV-H

The Openbox Q9+ has component video (YPbPr) and HDMI output. It can function as PVR as well, however, I haven’t tested this particular function yet.[/quote]

is the M-Sat Dish Korean or China Made?[/quote]

I choose the dish which made in China. He told me if prefer Korea dish, needs to top up extra RM200 which is way over my allocated budget. :lol:

Only FTA channels can be viewed (encrypted channels can’t be viewed), these are shown at the decoder TV list, you can manually add any missing channel if you know the transponder frequency (lazy to list the radio channel, too many):
EDIT: You can find the transponder list at http://www.lyngsat.com/ChinaSat-6B.html
CCTV 1
CCTV 2
CCTV 7
CCTV 10
CCTV 11
CCTV 12
CCTV 15
CCTV 14
CCTV 13
CCTV 4A
CCTV 9 Documentary
CCTV News
CCTV F
CCTV E
CCTV R
CCTV A
GXTV
SZTV
Guandong1
BTV
BTV KAKU
hnstv
HebeiTV
HubeiTV
FJTV
Henan TV
Tianjian TV
Ahtv
CETV1
DVT
JSWS
JSYMKT
SichuanTV
Kangba
JXTV1
SDETV
SXTVS
NLTV
SHANXI TV
ShanDongTV
GZTV
GSTV
ZJTV
CQTV
Ningxia TV
SBN
OTV6
jykaton
DVT
CHINIC 10K101
NMTV-M
NMTV-H

I choose the dish which made in China. He told me if prefer Korea dish, needs to top up extra RM200 which is way over my allocated budget. :lol:[/quote]

The Korean dish mean got motor can rotate search others channel ? Yuri brand?

CCTV 1
CCTV 2
CCTV 7
CCTV 10
CCTV 11
CCTV 12
CCTV 15
CCTV 14
CCTV 13
CCTV 4A
CCTV 9 Documentary
CCTV News
CCTV F
CCTV E
CCTV R
CCTV A
GXTV
SZTV
Guandong1
BTV
BTV KAKU
hnstv
HebeiTV
HubeiTV
FJTV
Henan TV
Tianjian TV
Ahtv
CETV1
DVT
JSWS
JSYMKT
SichuanTV
Kangba
JXTV1
SDETV
SXTVS
NLTV
SHANXI TV
ShanDongTV
GZTV
GSTV
ZJTV
CQTV
Ningxia TV
SBN
OTV6
jykaton
DVT
CHINIC 10K101
NMTV-M
NMTV-H

I choose the dish which made in China. He told me if prefer Korea dish, needs to top up extra RM200 which is way over my allocated budget. :lol:[/quote]

The Korean dish mean got motor can rotate search others channel ? Yuri brand?[/quote]
Yes, correct

China or Korea both can rotate if U fix the accessories. All the accessories are optional. Not necessary to purchase Korea brand as nowadays China made disc also come with good quality.