Quantity Survey Firm in Miri

I would like to know is there any qs firms in miri? I will be going back to have my 4 months break so would like to apply for a trainess qs job for my industrial training subject. Anyone knows please kindly list them out. Thank you! :smiley:

Any main contractor or developer will do, ie Naim cendera, miri housing, etc.

I just ask the person-in-charge of the course. He said can only work in QS firm if I want to take it as industrial training. FYI, i am currently taking diploma in qs. Thanks

You can also try out the any consultant firms as well. Such as Yeo, Kho and Associates, Au, Chin & Associates, Jurutera Perunding Akal and there are more but I can’t recall :slight_smile:

Any appointment letter from your college?

u can also try some architecture firms in miri. I have a few qs friends who used to do their industrial training in architecture firms in miri and get approved by their college BUT it also depends which college u r from. I assume i would be from UCS or Taylors college? :smiley:

You can also try out the any consultant firms as well. Such as Yeo, Kho and Associates, Au, Chin & Associates, Jurutera Perunding Akal and there are more but I can’t recall :slight_smile:

Any appointment letter from your college?[/quote]
Ya, I am referring to QS Consultant firm. Ya, I will be getting a letter from the college. So there are actually quite a number of qs consultant firms in miri right?

I am from Taylor’s. Erm, I do not think I should take the risk for trying architecture firms since the guy who told is my the Programme Director. He said that QS students can only work in QS firm since the work in other type of company does not that relevant to us. I was actually applying job from a contractor before this. So now I will need to change. Thanks.

JKR is better…You will gain a lot of experience.
I juz finish my diploma in QS … very hard to find job … but i wish Naim Cendara will hire me :smiley:

[quote=“nazluvart”]JKR is better…You will gain a lot of experience.
I juz finish my diploma in QS … very hard to find job … but i wish Naim Cendara will hire me :D[/quote]

JKR better? lolz…i bet TS will learn office politics/being corrupt more than gain knowledge. My advise…dont ever do training with JKR. Go contractor firm cos they’re the ones doing the actual job.

Sadly, there is no QS firm in Miri. Whereas, in Kuching, you can find a few reknown consulting QS firms such as KPK, PUBM, TEK, etc. However, you can try to apply for a trainee QS jobs in companies such as Naim Cendera, PPES, Shin Yang, Hock Seng Lee, etc… as these companies got quite well established QS dept. As for JKR, its better to be stationed in JKR HQ in Kuching where all the tendering processes are done. You could learn a lot there.

In my opinion, if you wanna learn the proper QS procedures, its best to join the Consulting QS firm first then opt for Contractor. That way, you would know how to prepare a decent BQ. Cheers!