Putrajaya determined to return Sarawak’s rights – Kulasegaran

M. Kulasegaran

MIRI: The federal government is determined to bring about changes and return many of Sarawak’s rights, assures Human Resources Minister M. Kulasegaran.

He said many meetings have been held between Putrajaya and Sarawak towards restoring the rights of the state as enshrined in the Malaysia Agreement 1963 (MA63).

“I am a lawyer and I always believe that Sabah, Sarawak and Malaya are equal partners with no difference. That is the meaning of MA63.

“We do not want to steal these rights and we want to give them back to Sarawakians. I hope you all can work together and never think that Pakatan Harapan will never help you,” he said during a Chinese New Year gathering at Rumah Nanta, Jalan Miri-Marudi here on Saturday.

The event was jointly organised by the Federal Village Community Management Council (MPKKP) Sungai Teniku and Democratic Action Party (DAP).

In his speech, Kulasegaran welcomed rural youths in the state to further their education at Miri Industrial Training Institute (ILP) which is under his ministry.

He said ILP offers various courses and skills training, and that those who study for at least six months will significantly improve their chance of securing employment.

“This is a great opportunity and we (ministry) will see how we can help those who may not have the

money to further their studies there so our children will have the same opportunity,” he added.

The event also witnessed the launching of the committee of MPKKP Sungai Teniku.

Among those present were Ministry of Communications and Multimedia special functions officer Dr Dusit Jaul, Pujut assemblyman Dr Ting Tiong Choon and DAP Long Lama branch chairman Marcus Hugo.

The post Putrajaya determined to return Sarawak’s rights – Kulasegaran appeared first on Borneo Post Online.

Source: https://www.theborneopost.com/2020/01/13/putrajaya-determined-to-return-sarawaks-rights-kulasegaran/

© Copyright 2006-2018 MiriCommunity.net · A JacksonLiaw.com project.