ps3 slim!

ya im attract4ed to the price cut also.

Well PC will be more expensive, but think about this:

1. You can browse the Internet (trust me, PS3 browser is very slow & unreliable)
  2. Burn CD/DVD
  3. Write Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
  4. Can install Linux Ubuntu, Vista, XP (PS3 Slim will not be able to support Linux anymore)
  5. Bigger hard drive
  6. Games coming out on X360, PS3, PC - PC version always looks better
  7. Bittorrent
  8. Upgradeable
  9. PC Games are cheaper
  10. Diablo 3 & StarCraft 2 !!

:mrgreen:

Ok, Sony are now denying rumours that a firmware upgrade will be released by the end of the year that will allow backwards compatibility.
Remember, they also denied the rumour of the slim PS3 when word got out months ago, so take it for what it’s worth.

Is there any news for games price cut?
Why don’t malaysian game company (if ever existed) create a few games and sell it around half the price? Better yet, equivalent to cheap pirated dvds.

[quote=“ramfir”]Is there any news for games price cut?
Why don’t malaysian game company (if ever existed) create a few games and sell it around half the price? Better yet, equivalent to cheap pirated dvds.[/quote]

Don’t ever expect the price of original games to drop to the price of pirated DVDs, or the game developers would go out of business due to lack of profit.

Pre-ordering have just started in australia. Going for AU$499 at EB games and AU$479 at JB Hifi

[quote=“ramfir”]Is there any news for games price cut?
Why don’t malaysian game company (if ever existed) create a few games and sell it around half the price? Better yet, equivalent to cheap pirated dvds.[/quote]

You think game developing is an easy task? They don’t employ monkeys for $2 per hour to make new games (or copy DVDs), you know.

i heard from my fren from adelaide said they will be having it on 1 sept and the old ps3 can be traded in for the new slim set issit true?

It might be true there, but don’t expect the same courtesy here in Malaysia.

And on the subject of cheaper games, there’s always the downloadable games which are cheaper than the blu-ray games, just don’t expect the same quality level of graphics and gameplay.

Can’t be traded 1 for 1. You’ll need to add some more money on top of it. They offer trade ins here (for consoles, games, even accessories like controllers etc), but it’s so not worth it. Better off selling it on ebay. Recently I sold quite a new game (prototype) for AU$78 (minus posting cost, around AU$71). Before that I went to three different stores for a trade in quote, they offered me $35, $36, and $38, and they resell it for around $85.

[quote=“Loong”]Pre-ordering have just started in australia. Going for AU$499 at EB games and AU$479 at JB Hifi

You think game developing is an easy task? They don’t employ monkeys for $2 per hour to make new games (or copy DVDs), you know.[/quote]

Hahaha… You got a point there.

yeah tat is wat she told me also need to add in some money. well i gues u have ure poiint here selling it off at e bay

If the price of ps3 drop below xbox360, i might seriously consider it.

pray hard msia dealer dun hijack the price lor.

Well PC will be more expensive, but think about this:

1. You can browse the Internet (trust me, PS3 browser is very slow & unreliable)
  2. Burn CD/DVD
  3. Write Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
  4. Can install Linux Ubuntu, Vista, XP (PS3 Slim will not be able to support Linux anymore)
  5. Bigger hard drive
  6. Games coming out on X360, PS3, PC - PC version always looks better
  7. Bittorrent
  8. Upgradeable
  9. PC Games are cheaper
  10. Diablo 3 & StarCraft 2 !!

:mrgreen:[/quote]
True dat :slight_smile: I agree but it depends on people’s opinions…and not every game on PC looks better…like Dirt…CM said the PS3 version looks better and works better than PC and 360 version…Valve said developing PS3 games are hard but insomniac games said PS3 is easy to code than 360…it all depends on how the devs made…Consoles I can say its for…a gamer who dont do other stuffs…Like my kinda dumb friend said he want to play nfs shift on his pentium 4 geforce 6200 PC…lol

From my humble opinion, console gaming far waaaaaaay more absorbing and immersive compared to PC gaming, even when the graphics and audio is inferior. Probably it’s because you can sit in any position you like (even crouching, or laying in your bed) and you can have the next player playing beside you! Of course this is possible with LAN among PC users, but you don’t get to diss you friend, or give him a punch on his back while playing (and get back on the controller instantly). And another thing, I’m not sure if this is just me or is true in general, that console gamers are so much more friendlier than PC gamers (in my experience I find this very true). Therefore, for me, console gaming is best!!!

I also prefer console gaming now days since it no need any upgrade to play new games…for new PC games, it will require higher spec every time we want to install new game…from my experience, I need to upgrade my graphic card & RAM each time I want to play new gamess. Even though my older graphic cards meet the minimum requirements, but still no ‘kick’ when play the games with all graphic setting is LOW. Console games no need to upgrade the graphics every time I want to play new games. more over, console no need to install game & seldom crash compare to PC.

in my opinion it is normal for a hardcore gamer to own all of the console and also gaming pc like u all said. some games are good on pc and some are good on console even console u have diff among 360 ps3 and wii. No point arugueing Own all and u have no prob wth it .heheh
but based on all poinion above antu annunaki steve all are reasonable.
heheh

guys guys! What if someone already found a way to play pirated games on the current PS3, thus Sony decided to stop the fat ones and replace it with a simple (and less capable) version which is the PS3 slim? Coz the fat ones can run a saperate OS, there must be some kind of back door…

when is the slim version will be available in Miri?any one knows?

good news, cos i’m about to get a ps3! will wait then