Pros and Cons of holding Malaysian Passport

This is a debatable topic, it is still interesting to see what our fellow Malaysian think of the advantages and disadvantages of holding Malaysian passport.

I will start, here goes;

Pro = When I go back to Miri, I could stay as long as I want?
Con = Need to get visa when visiting some countries like America, China, Japan, Taiwan, etc.

Have your say…

[quote=“Stef”]
Have your say…[/quote]
if only you are a sarawakian, other than that no.

[quote=“Stef”]
Con = Need to get visa when visiting some countries like America, China, Japan, Taiwan, etc.
Have your say…[/quote]
commonwealth countries no need visa.

[quote=“micwin1437”][quote=“Stef”]
Have your say…[/quote]

[quote=“Stef”]
Have your say…[/quote]
commonwealth countries no need visa.[/quote]

What do you mean? So, if I want to stay in Peninsula Malaysia for as long as I want I can’t? Hmm…

But those countries that i listed are not Commonwealth countries. :frowning:

Malaysian passport can go to Nigeria no problem

use 2 travel around Asia s part of my job b4… errmmmmm,abt passports, cant say much s we were given ‘special’ passes in2 each countries… sorry,cant help…

[quote=“Stef”][quote=“micwin1437”][quote=“Stef”]
Have your say…[/quote]

What do you mean? So, if I want to stay in Peninsula Malaysia for as long as I want I can’t? Hmm… [/quote][/quote]

Ppl from West Malaysia, i think they can only start in Sarawak for limited time only… :roll:

Pros for having a Malaysian Passport: Proud to be a Malaysian… u have to be proud otherwise… move on to other countries lor n don’t apply for it…- True or not. :wink:

Cons side- Have to pay RM600 for a 64 pages passport.

Btw… last time when I went to Taipei, I don’t think I need a visa… :mrgreen:

My passport got stolen before and it takes 1 month for them to replace a new one. Since this is my first time loss they can replace me faster than usual. If second time loss replacement maybe will need 1 year. I already suffered some unforgettable ‘trauma’ from this. People would steal because they want to steal your identity so other people can use it to travel to overseas. Passport is only a small book but actually it is quite useful and precious for other ‘people’ who may need it

I think the author is having second thoughts on being a Malaysian citizen

I am not having doubt in my citizenship. :wink:

My friend has forfeited her Malaysian passport and opt for Australian citizenship. I was surprised because all of her family is still in Malaysia/Singapore. When I asked her why did she give up? She questioned me back, " What is there to offer with Malaysian passport?". i was tongue-tied. Gulp! I could not think of any “valid” reason. It got me thinking that there should be more valuable reasons for being Malaysian and therefore, this thread came up to serve that purpose. :slight_smile:

If you get a passport from Aus/NZ then you are a citizen of a fully developed country.
No need to put up with all the corruption and 3rd world living conditions in Malaysia

3rd world? Malaysia? :roll:

Columbia Encyclopedia: Third World,
the technologically less advanced, or developing, nations of Asia, Africa, and Latin America, generally characterized as poor, having economies distorted by their dependence on the export of primary products to the developed countries in return for finished products These nations also tend to have high rates of illiteracy, disease, and population growth and unstable governments. The term Third World was originally intended to distinguish the nonaligned nations that gained independence from colonial rule beginning after World War II from the Western nations and from those that formed the former Eastern bloc, and sometimes more specifically from the United States and from the former Soviet Union (the first and second worlds, respectively). For the most part the term has not included China. Politically, the Third World emerged at the Bandung Conference (1955), which resulted in the establishment of the Nonaligned Movement. Numerically, the Third World dominates the United Nations, but the group is diverse culturally and increasingly economically, and its unity is only hypothetical. The oil-rich nations, such as Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and Libya, and the newly emerged industrial states, such as Taiwan, South Korea, and Singapore, have little in common with desperately poor nations, such as Haiti, Chad, and Afghanistan.

Bibliography

See A. R. Kasdan, The Third World: A New Focus for Development (1973); E. Hermassi, The Third World Reassessed (1980); H. A. Reitsma and J. M. Kleinpenning, The Third World in Perspective (1985); J. Cole, Development and Underdevelopment (1987).

It never occurred to me that Malaysia is categorized as “3rd world” country. Hmm…

Anyway…, I still cannot convince my friend why she shouldn’t give up Malaysia citizenship.

Now go to Taiwan no need Visa anymore… :wink:

You ask any Australian to give up his passport for a Malaysian 1.

See what they say!

[quote=“super_moderator”]You ask any Australian to give up his passport for a Malaysian 1.
See what they say![/quote]

i know some people who gave up their malaysian passports for an australian one.

i don’t know anyone who has gotten a malaysian passport after giving up their australian one. do you?

i know many migrants from malaysia who have been in australia for years but still keep their malaysian passports because for them it’s much easier to get an australian passport but if you let go of your malaysian passport, you’ll never get one back no matter how hard you try. especially if you are of the wrong type…

world class facilities, 3rd world mentality… so i guess,yup it makes Malaysia a 3rd world country…

I tell you what, it’s a lot better holding malaysia passport compare to if you holding Philippines or Indonesia passport…

yup, i’m serious and I saw things :wink:

and of course it’s lot better if you’re Singapore or Canada passport holder :slight_smile:

and again, I’m not just guesting, I did saw advantage

you know, it’s not so difficult to apply canada passport if you really want it, and if you have degree, that will be cream on pudding :slight_smile:

EU passport is better again