Police Beat Up Innocent Bystander At Bersih Rally

Posted on November 15th, 2007 by nat

With apologies to Malaysiakini:

Aleyasak Hamid Ali Hassan, a pisang goreng seller, offers incontrovertible proof that police had used excessive force in dispersing the Bersih rally for electoral reform in Kuala Lumpur last Saturday.

I just wanted to see - to observe - this rally that people had been talking about. I wasnt wearing yellow that day, I was wearing black, and it never even crossed my mind to participate in the rally, said Aleyasak, 31, who lives in Kajang, Selangor.

I also never imagined I would end up with a knee smashed by those who are supposed to be protecting the people against violence.

A group of protestors near Masjid Jamek ran towards City Hall (in Jalan Raja Laut). I saw a number of police officers chasing then. They were all running towards where I happened to be standing.

People were yelling Run! Run! so I got scared and turned to run as well.

Aleyasak did not get very far. After a few metres, he lost his footing on the slippery rain-washed pavement and fell face forward on the pedestrian walkway.

Seconds later, he was set upon by four to six uniformed police officers.

While several held his head to the ground, another officer stepped on Aleyasaks left leg which had folded at the knee behind him.

He was applying his weight on it. I heard my knee cracking, then, I head a pop sound. I knew right away it was broken, said Aleyasak.

Ordered to stand up, he told the police officers that his leg was broken. Instead of being carried, he was subjected to foul language and told to walk unaided towards a police truck waiting nearby.

He said: I was told Why should we carry you? Are you so special to receive that kind of treatment? Youre just a nuisance!.

One officer - I dont remember any of the names or numbers on their uniforms - kicked my injured leg and it slammed against part of the truck. Another detainee already in the truck felt sorry for me and helped me to get into the vehicle.

Following surgery on Monday, Aleyasak was told it would take three to six months for his knee to heal. However, he will have to wait a full year before doing any sports activities or exercises.

I wont be able to work for the next few months in my condition, he said, appearing resigned to the situation.

Source" http://jelas.info/2007/11/15/police-beat-up-innocent-bystander-at-bersih-rally-pics-eyewitness-account/

b@st@rd cops!!

Can’t really blame the policemen la. That guy should just step aside and raise his hand showing he is clear. If he is running away, you think those policemen will know he is not another protestor…

Actually the best way is stay away if you see this kind of situation happening… who knows… ■■■■ might just happen like him… :evil:

Not sure if he could secure a lawyer and suit the police dept for compensation base on his story or not? :roll:

Maybe he got covered by the yellow-coloured kunyit powder used to make the yellow-coloured cucur pisang :lol:

eventho he ran away, those b@st@rd cops shouldnt whacked him up like that…

Can’t really blame the policemen la. That guy should just step aside and raise his hand showing he is clear. If he is running away, you think those policemen will know he is not another protestor…

Actually the best way is stay away if you see this kind of situation happening… who knows… sh*t might just happen like him… :evil:

Not sure if he could secure a lawyer and suit the police dept for compensation base on his story or not? :roll:[/quote]

I’m afraid i cannot agree with you on this. The Police has no right to act so violently even if he is one of the protester. Hell it is not even justifiable to do that to an animal, not to say your own countryman which the police should be protecting.

It’s a directive to make sure that the protests turn violent, true to the sayings of politicians.

it’s not the protester who turns violent…it’s the stupig polici…lol…

Actually the best way is stay away if you see this kind of situation happening… who knows… sh*t might just happen like him… :evil:

Not sure if he could secure a lawyer and suit the police dept for compensation base on his story or not? :roll:[/quote]

I’m afraid i cannot agree with you on this. The Police has no right to act so violently even if he is one of the protester. Hell it is not even justifiable to do that to an animal, not to say your own countryman which the police should be protecting.[/quote]

Relaxjack… u, me…and perhaps everyone will know… no cameraman in front shooting that scene… how do u know that that guy got hantam by the police… can the police officer said that he felt down when the time we saw him and then next thing… those protestors in yellow t-shirt run over him and break his leg.

if its really true…
SOMEONE or some eyes will have seen it and is going to stand out anyway one day SOON! Their job is to go against the GOV and they will nto stop here… so someone is going to stand up and do something to the police forces and there it goes the next riot against the police force!

[quote=“berngo”]if its really true…
SOMEONE or some eyes will have seen it and is going to stand out anyway one day SOON! Their job is to go against the GOV and they will nto stop here… so someone is going to stand up and do something to the police forces and there it goes the next riot against the police force![/quote]

So basically the tactic is Make it Big now… so the police will back off on the next riot… izzit… :wink:

malaysian police hv d right to beat ppl at least during “illegal” assembly like dat one…
if u r d policeman, can u tell d different between innocent bystander n protester if both of them r running away?
:?:
reformasi 98 is coming back…

[quote=“berngo”]if its really true…
SOMEONE or some eyes will have seen it and is going to stand out anyway one day SOON! Their job is to go against the GOV and they will nto stop here… so someone is going to stand up and do something to the police forces and there it goes the next riot against the police force![/quote]

The sole purpose of the BERSIH rally was to demand for a clean and fair election. Nothing about against or toppling the govt or antagonize the police.

If we’re France or some weird european country, there’d be a riot outbreak against the police tomorrow after this news goes on air.

So basically the tactic is Make it Big now… so the police will back off on the next riot… izzit…

Yeah… .tats my 2nd cents… :slight_smile:

The sole purpose of the BERSIH rally was to demand for a clean and fair election. Nothing about against or toppling the govt or antagonize the police.

and guess why they demand for a clean and fair election? Coz they think that the gov is not clean enuf. And who thinks like this? The oppositions…
Nothing bout antagonize the police…

[quote=“berngo”]
and guess why they demand for a clean and fair election? Coz they think that the gov is not clean enuf. And who thinks like this? The oppositions…
Nothing bout antagonize the police…[/quote]

Its not the govt, its the Election Commission :lol: and its not only the oppositions who participated the rally. There were also members from 65 NGOs. Please do get your facts right. :wink:

berngo: u live in an utopian where d society is in harmony

d sad thing is…u r too ignorant bout political scene in malaysia.
FYI, more than 90% mass media in malaysia r linked 2 government via political parties.

Election commision eventhough they claimed they r neutral n transparent, actually they r not.
they r under government pay thus called civel servant.
they wont btray their own pay master rite?

tis goes to ACA oso.

the reason y all tis r happening bcos the rakyat r not happy wit so many things:

1. increase living cost
  2. useless space program
  3. occuring problem wit government building
  4. misusing public funds
  5. endless of environmental problem wit no clear solution

and many more.

bcos of internet age, we learn n exposed to different political ideas and philosophies.
dat y we demand more

abusing of their powers…and it’s so usual anyway. no terriblef aftermath for doing tat. it will seem the police is less clever if he didnt abuse tat.