Plastic added for Deep frying

Someone told me a few days ago that someone is adding plastic into deep frying oil so that deep fried food stay crispy longer. This morning, someone was caught red handed in Kuching for adding plastic into the frying oil. Now, my colleague told me that they are doing the same in Miri long ago!!!

Wah… my goodness! What is happening in this world now? Plastic is very poisonous and I am sure, those who love fried banana, etc will be very sick very soon! I don’t dare to buy anymore fried kuih, etc, anymore. So please be warned. Plastic definitely kills.

Thanks for the info, I ve received a forwarded mail on this matter some time ago too. I talked bout it with my family, rupa-rupanya they had heard of the same rumour too. I dont think I will buy anymore pisang goreng outside too…

And after reading this sentence, Im definitely not goin to buy fried food outside anymore!! SCARY!!!

ya i saw the news also on news paper…is that true?

i heard tis on d radio tis morning.
they said in miri no such thing (sure or not)?

this issue published in the borneo post a few months ago

omg!!! where is this place. Its used to be underwear issue, now plastic? Its all about money thing. as they say in business, “its all profit, tak apa. not our problem as long we get something”.

yup,my sister in kuching b4,in unimas actually so ppl putting plastic 2 fry pisang goneng etc… it has been goin on 4 quite sumtme ody… home cook food is still d best…hehehe…

anyway,do tell us d name of shops tat do this kinda of things…so tat MC members can stay clear of this places… jst 4 profit,put our health 8 risk?? worth it??

Its nothing personal. It’s business. :stuck_out_tongue:

it aint no longer business matter when it involves people’s life though…

business business, but wud u do it 2 ur family? friends? endanger their lives jst 4 d sake of money?? in d end,all d money made will b spent on their medical once cancer sets in…come on, plastic in our bodies???..

this is typical Malaysian business attitude.
Saw 1 article where they put lead powder in curry to make it heavy

my bro n his fren ever told me…this also happens in Brunei …i din believe them…damn ! … lucky i seldom eat fry food from outside ^^.

Yes, this is true. My friend’s friend saw it personally!

did you guys know crispy bawang goreng that we put in the soup sometimes? yup, they use to fry it with staw (yeah, it’s plastic) and this is really in tv3 news quite sometimes ago…

Regardless of whether it is myth or not, ‘bright’ people might turn it in reality! LOL

YES, it is true, but not apply to all.

In order to make the food crispier, they have to do so. Especially hawker stalls.
I do encounter some pisang goreng stalls, see it with my own eyes but tat was in Johor.
The pisang goreng memang ranggup, sedap di makan… haha…especially w their homemade chili sauce.
But i never go back again ever after…

I have a relatives who runs coffeeshop.
She and the husbands runs chicken rice stall as well, so they are doing the salad chicken rice. Of cos the chicken need to deep fried, but if keep there for sometime, the chicken will not be crispy again, so how? They tried putting “straw” and fried, its true the chicken can last longer. Somehow, lucky they are holy christian, so they dun dare to harm their customers. End up they still choose to goreng the chicken by demand lo. Takes more job but safer mar.

Actually all these incidents happen at lots of places. Only that we don’t know, and we din see it.
One eye open , One eye close lar… :roll:

No wonder so many people hit by cancer! My sister working in the hospital, she says cancer patient on the rise! breast cancer increasingly common. Some also include colon cancer and others.

Why don’t we make a test on the seller who sell the food, ask themselves to test the food, if they say dun want then must be an indication.

I dont think I wanna eat outside food liao T______T

[quote=“Goolooloo”]YES, it is true, but not apply to all.

In order to make the food crispier, they have to do so. Especially hawker stalls.
I do encounter some pisang goreng stalls, see it with my own eyes but tat was in Johor.
The pisang goreng memang ranggup, sedap di makan… haha…especially w their homemade chili sauce.
But i never go back again ever after…

I have a relatives who runs coffeeshop.
She and the husbands runs chicken rice stall as well, so they are doing the salad chicken rice. Of cos the chicken need to deep fried, but if keep there for sometime, the chicken will not be crispy again, so how? They tried putting “straw” and fried, its true the chicken can last longer. Somehow, lucky they are holy christian, so they dun dare to harm their customers. End up they still choose to goreng the chicken by demand lo. Takes more job but safer mar.

Actually all these incidents happen at lots of places. Only that we don’t know, and we din see it.
One eye open , One eye close lar… :roll:[/quote]
can tel us where ur relatives shops is?? 8 least we knw it is safe 2 eat there…hehehehe

better still just skip fry food la…oily stuff not gud for us anyway .hehe…or eat once a wk at most…

hmm, those big big fast food chain wont put plastic into their frying oil laa horr?..