Pizza hut bintang plaza = kanasai

Anyone agree tht the service at pizza hut bintang megamall really bad bad bad as we pay oso the service charges…a group of staff just sit at back side chatting maybe tht is they rest time where is full customer tht time, …then i order a set of pizza plus smoked deli wing…the staff take my order very clearly and repeat my order without any mistake…here come my pizza first…after at 20 min the chicken wing not yet serve, so i ask a staf, then he say " tak tahu" then come another staff, he check my order list, no other beside pizza, thats means i wasting my time abt 30 min …they can just answer me , maybe the system not good, not key in…i know this is not a big mistake, but really not worth for me wasting my time and get back bad service

i know the service is extremely bad 1 and half years ago… and surprise to see there are no improvement yet!

i was wondering why they close the back section which have comfortable sofa. then, i look at the back, only to see their staff lepak-lepak there…

yalor, the staff lepak lepak dont want serve customer, and one more there is really dirty, the plate spoon fork u get, still oily…dont know how thy wash it

i went there last week during lunch hour…service provided quite good…

bad service, or fussy customer?

definitely bad service. Pizza Hut Bintang Plaza is a total no no for me.

i fully understand u…the very last time i went to pizza i had quarrel with their staff…it took more than half an hour for them to serve me coke…no need to talk abt pizza…ages!! and it was abt 4yrs ago…never been to pizza hut since that incident.all of them will gather at one corner to chit chat…or standing in front of the main entrance…

seriously worst service …

Just to share my experiance here, if u think tht service good just continue support it…

I can be a fussy customer when the service is really bad.

My experience to Bintang Mall Pizza Hut at long intervals, the service has not improved.

Off topic,I found service at Digi Center in Center Point has improved recently.

There’s a reason i never went to any fast food restaurant in Miri anymore (aside from Sugarbun and McD) - the service and food isn’t up to scratch. For Pizza, i go to Fratini nowadays… don’t mention Chickens. I made my own fried chickens and wedges.

Pizza Hut and KFC are under the same management - look it up. I don’t think the staff felt any need to actually gives good service, mainly because there are lots of morons who work in the management team. I had made complaints before, which i don’t think is being adressed by them. Same ■■■■. Different era.

lol…may be i looked a bit fierce but i am good guy inside… so far so good …

the fork, spoon and knife oso had an uncleaned oily stains…

[quote=“Anhelicoodle”]There’s a reason i never went to any fast food restaurant in Miri anymore (aside from Sugarbun and McD) - the service and food isn’t up to scratch. For Pizza, i go to Fratini nowadays… don’t mention Chickens. I made my own fried chickens and wedges.

Pizza Hut and KFC are under the same management - look it up. I don’t think the staff felt any need to actually gives good service, mainly because there are lots of morons who work in the management team. I had made complaints before, which i don’t think is being adressed by them. Same sh*t. Different era.[/quote]
I like this bit. Mainly the staffs aren’t train well in that matter.

tidak apa kalau u tak mahu pergi lagi, masih ramai orang brunei mahu pergi bah!!

such are the mentality of most managment…that’s why most restaurant service sucks!!

never again would want to go bintang pizza hut.
Service absurdly slow and they hardly clean their table.

Permy pizza hut service is waaaaaay better than bintang counter part.

One of my worst experience with pizza delivery. Order at 6pm, arrive at 1030pm.

Let me clarify my stance. When i said about morons in the management teams, it is those who held the top top position. These guys a;ways pressure the ones above them, treating people like ■■■■ on sticks. The head of branch eventully treat supervisors like ■■■■, which in turns treat staff like ■■■■. I’m sorry that there are too many shittiness in my post but that’s the way it truly is in any franchise industries, be it retail or restaurants.

The staff are shouted at, pressured, overworked and tired. They don’t have any motivation to give proper customer service or serve quality food. The mentality is more “janji polah kerja”. It didn’t help that most seniors in these fast food restaurants/retails/franchises are those with ■■■■■■ attitudes. Meanwhile, branch managers main concern are to pass audit/quality/mystery customer checks. Not give good service to ALL CUSTOMER, but give good service to MYSTERY CUSTOMER or WHEN BOSSES FROM HQ VISITS! And these bosses talks much bout service, but they themselves can’t even muster any smiles, much less greet customers.

We as customers are in turn, feed on quality craps.

wtf? 2.5hours? ■■■■!
last time i order delivery takes me 1hr i already complain liao :mrgreen:

conclusion
dont go pizza hut anymore. the service is bad and the pizza not that nice. they are still many place that serve a lot better pizza than them 8)

I remember when I was doing part time there about 10 years back. The Restaurant Manager at that time was very friendly with us and help us a lot to improve our service. I don’t know about now.