Petronas Newest Fuel 95

well said and well answered by all sifus here, u cant exactly compare shell and petronas by saying which one is better coz it differ to everybody, yes i do agree that malaysia government do sell oil at a relatively quite high price compared to our neighbour and people keep questioning why we need to buy oil eventhough we also produce oil, i wouldnt blame them but for the guy who had that chemist friend, maybe he can explain that with the technology we had in malaysia, we can produce our own, so for anyone who want to use fuel that used to fuel airplane in thier car, be my guess… i couldnt afford it even if i want to…

YES. FUEL are same regardless of Petronas, Caltes, BP, Shell coz it come from from same refinery. Only The additive added to it (whether shell, Petronas and ETC) make the difference.
The comsumption very subjective lah, like my car prefer to use shell even though comsumed more (few KM’s only lah) but engine run smooth, if i use Petronas more economical but minor white smoke emitted if run more than 90KM .

That’s interesting, so the majority of raw petroleum obtained in Malaysia is being processed as jet fuel ? No wonder then :roll:

even if u can afford the fuel being used to power up the plane’s turbine, u wouldn’t want it to power ur car’s puny little ICE since the fuel being used is JET-A1 which is purely a kerosene.

and the fuel (treated naphta) being used whether by petronas or shell is actually the same, only the additives being poured in the petrol kiosk underground storage is rather different. that’s where the fuel quality+performance differs.

can’t believe u guys don’t actually knows that.

Whatever additives is used, there seems to be some improvement. I can get about 30km more from a full tank of New Primax 95 compared to the old one…

+1 to this fuel (feel different performance, little bit improvement lah) and it has good product packaging too with F1 name on it ! not bad huh petronas~

from what i have read so far, consumer have been giving positive feedback to the NEW petronas RON 95 fuel.

my mileage 442km with petronas new RON95

What car?

Proton Persona

Be in the running to win an Ipad 2 when you fill in PETRONAS PRIMAX 95 Xtra at any of the following amounts (RM30.95, RM50.95, RM70.95 or RM100.95) this weekend (7 - 8 May 2011)!

Also, join our Primax 95 Xtra celebration convoy on 8 May 2011 from 10 a.m!
Over 100 vehicles powered by Primax 95 Xtra will be stopping at these hot spot to give out prizes while stock last!
Taipan
IKEA
Tol Batu 3 Shah Alam
TTDI market
One Utama
Pasar Tani Shah Alam

They will also be making pit stop to cheer you up and offer extra prizes during the Fuel Up promotion at these stations:
PSS Pendamar Indah 2
PSS Bukit Tinggi 2
PSS Tanjung Karang 2
PSS Sg Hj Dorani
PSS USJ 1
PSS USJ 6
PSS TTDI
PSS Manjalara
PSS Mutiara Damansara

See you there & hope you will try your luck in our Fuel Up promo this weekend! :mrgreen:

agreed with u,me also feel the diff,all this while i dont like petronas fuel one,but after try once ,will cont using it

Latest results:
Avanza 1.3 Manual.
After 3 fuelups of Primax95 Xtra.
Milleage:478KM
*Until below E (Can hear the growling sound at fuel tank)

478KM/40litre= 11.95KM/l

Not bad I remember last time on Shell Fuelsave 95 it was 10.5KM/l.

This depends on driving habits as well.

havent tried the new primax…stil using fuelsave…

[quote=“Eugene91”]Latest results:
Avanza 1.3 Manual.
After 3 fuelups of Primax95 Xtra.
Milleage:478KM
*Until below E (Can hear the growling sound at fuel tank)

478KM/40litre= 11.95KM/l

Not bad I remember last time on Shell Fuelsave 95 it was 10.5KM/l.

This depends on driving habits as well.[/quote]

nice!

the fuel is ok for daily ride from my house(permyjaya) to my workplace(piasau industrial)
3.8 liters can go to 186km - 210km… for petronas 97, its only 190km - 210km… (depends on how i twist the throttle)

for shell 95, 3.8 liters can bring me to 186 - 210km (almost same with petronas xtra)
and for vpower 97, 190 - 250km…

for daily use, i would use the shell 95,
for a race at track, i would go for the vpower :slight_smile:

tested with my kapcai. 135cc :stuck_out_tongue: