Peter Chin new SUPP president

[size=200]Peter Chin is new SUPP president; deputy is Richard Riot[/size]

KUCHING: Datuk Seri Peter Chin Fah Kui, 66, is the new president of the Sarawak United People’s Party (SUPP) as he won unopposed after his challenger, Datuk Seri Wong Soon Koh, boycotted the election process for the 24th Central Committee (2012-2014) was held at the party headquarters on Sunday.

Chin, who is the Minister of Energy, Green Technology and Water, said he was thankful to the delegates for giving him their trust to continue to lead the second biggest Barisan Nasional (BN) component party in Sarawak.

“I’m happy with the election today and certainly my task after this will be more challenging to rebuild the strength of the SUPP, and I will also go down on the ground to meet with grassroots leaders,” he told reporters.

When asked about the fate of Wong, he said there were still several vacant posts in the Central Working Committee (CWC) and they might be offered to Wong and several of his followers if they were willing to accept.

He said he would personally try to get back to Wong’s group, who included the Lanang Member of Parliament, Datuk Tiong Thai King and the State Assemblyman for Simanggang, Datuk Francis Harden Hollis, Datuk Lee Kim Shin (Senadin), Dr Jerip Susil (Bengoh), Ranum Mina (Opar) and Dr Johnical Rayong Ngipa (Engkilili), to ensure that they remained loyal to SUPP.

He said the new CC line-up announced Sunday was also important to continue the implementation of the transformation plan in the party as outlined previously.

“What is most important is to ensure that the SUPP remains in the BN to further strengthen the coalition at the state and national levels,” he said.

Meanwhile, his deputy, Datuk Richard Riot said that his election in the party was an honour for the non-bumiputera members in the SUPP.

He said it was a new milestone for the party and certainly the focus now was to assist the president to resolve any internal problem and to prepare the party to face the 13th general election.

“To me, the party’s internal problem should be resolved within the party and boycotting is not the best way to resolve any problem,” he said.

FULL LIST OF THE SUPP CC FOR 2012-2014

President - Datuk Seri Peter Chin Fah Kui
Deputy President - Datuk Richard Riot anak Jaem
Vice-President - Datuk Lily Yong Lee Lee
Vice-President - Tan Joo Phoi
Vice-President - Andy Chia Chu Fatt
Vice-President - (Vacant)
Vice-President (Youth) - Tan Kai
Vice-President (Wanita) - Tnay Li Ping
Secretary-General - Dr Sim Kui Hian
Deputy Secretary-General - Mathew Chen Thin Kong
Deputy Secretary-General - Ding Kuong Hiing
Assistant Secretary-General - Choo Chang Yee
Assistant Secretary-General - Teng Ung Woo
Assistant Secretary-General - Karambir Sing Honey
Assistant Secretary-General - Dr Chew Kian Ping
Treasurer - Datuk David Teng Lung Chi
Assistant Treasurer - Bong Lian Huan
Coordinating Secretary - Datuk Alfred Yap Chin Loi
Assistant Coordinating Secretary - Jimmy Chong Jin Huat
Publicity and Information Secretary - Datuk Sebastian Ting Chiew Yew
Assistant Publicity and Information Secretary - Sim Hua Tong

• Bernama

Source: http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi … sec=nation

another must go leader elected. miri ppl pls bring him down on next election.

At least he’s better than the Ketua Samseng sibu WSK.
But all in all, SUPP is still same SUPP regardless on whoever becomes president.

Don’t forgot, Datuk G is still the Permanent Advisor in SUPP.

At least he’s better than the Ketua Samseng sibu WSK.
But all in all, SUPP is still same SUPP regardless on whoever becomes president.

Don’t forgot, Datuk G is still the Permanent Advisor in SUPP.[/quote]

not the same , those very rich mans that funding the politician won’t get any benefit if they member fail to be elected .

True True.
But if u wanna choose between WSK and CFK which one u choose.
Coz those 2 is the candidate of that post.

[quote=“gameaddict”]True True.
But if u wanna choose between WSK and CFK which one u choose.
Coz those 2 is the candidate of that post.[/quote]
i don’t like both of them. got supp or not doesn’t make any benefit to us .
if all fail to be elected they will have backup candidate to protect their interest.

hahahaha~~~ i got your point.

All in all, Vote for a Change ^^

WSK sounds like he’s so loyal to BN when he said he has evidence/proof that Peter Chin and his Team bad mouths BN in their chinese speeches.

well, those people don’t include common sense or logic in their accusations or excuses anyway…

so I don’t think much anyone cares what he says…

WSK is ketua samseng sibu le…what he say hardly can be trusted. All sibu or foo chow ppl knows that. :?

hope all will kenak masak become SOUP soon… :smiley:

useless party, but CFK always better than the ketua samseng…even his face looks like a bad guy…

more news article on WSK accusing the other dude of illegally winning…
;p

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/2011/1 … aims-wong/

Fail… who want to to support WSK if he’s a BN hardliner? lol

If me i’d give my support to Peter Chin if he did what WSK accused him of. Because why should people be afraid to speak up against unfair policies by UMNO?

some ppl are such sore losers…

but doesn’t make any diff to me, i dislike either of them…
hehe

True that, Soon Koh looks like a mafia Godfather as a matter of fact, he was the one who announced extension hours for massage parlours…confirm gangster.

Change water only, no change the meat, of course the SOUP is the same.
Better vote for change.

[quote=“zhengzx”]Change water only, no change the meat, of course the SOUP is the same.
Better vote for change.[/quote]

hahaha~~
i like this statement.

Atleast the water changed is not from crude water to mud water but mud water to crude water.

Vote for changes to have both the meat and water changed.

Shame on them! Betrays their own race, sarawakians and malaysians as a whole. Just a chinese political party to win chinese votes for the corrupt bn or should I say umno. The lot of them are a disgrace to the chinese.

SUPP barking up wrong tree in transformation plans

Posted on December 13, 2011, Tuesday

KUCHING: A local academic Associate Prof Dr Andrew Aeria of Faculty of Social Sciences, Unimas, said SUPPs key problems lay in policies, not leadership.

So SUPP is now led by the socalled new faces. Does the party come up with any new policies?

It makes no difference to me when SUPP is merely a follower party (parti pengikut) in Sarawak Barisan Nasional.

They are all followers and will agree to all policies drawn by Barisan Nasional leaders be they at Petrajaya or Putrajaya, he said in an e-mail to The Borneo Posts sister paper See Hua Daily News here yesterday.

Aeria felt that it was a let-down that new policies were not heard from the new leader.

He noted that many new leaders of the latest line-up came from the last committee and thereby missing the defi nition of new.

I hold a pessimistic view of the new leaders being able to revive the party. First of all, we must understand what revival means it involves not only a change of leadership.

SUPP should start asking itself What policies are new? or whether its policies are all drawn to blindly concord with the supreme leadership of Barisan Nasional.

He pointed out that Dato Sri Wong Soon Koh had continued to challenge the legitimacy of the concluded Triennial Delegates Conference (TDC) and did not seem to be willing to reconcile.

He had not ruled out chances that Wong and his camp might break away from SUPP to form a new political party.

Should that happen, he said SUPP new president Datuk Seri Peter Chins effort to unite and rejuvenate the party would go down the drain.

And SUPP will remain as a powerless party just like PRS and SPDP.

Aeria said urban voters had rejected SUPP and it was odd for the party to have included defeated election candidates in the new leadership.

Is it not weird that leaders rejected by voters were accepted i nt o t he new l e a d e r sh ip ?

Furthermore, it is prudent to remark that rural voters voted for Barisan Nasional and not SUPP.

On Datuk Richard Riot being elected as deputy president, he observed that Bumiputeras had long been marginalised within SUPP.

Aeria said Riots new post might bring about some short-term benefi ts to the Bidayuh community but would not guarantee a bright future.

SUPP still needs allocations from both state and federal government to reach out to the Bidayuh community. Question now remains whether Richard Riot is capable of bidding for funds.

Read more: http://www.theborneopost.com/2011/12/13 … z1gNHeAHrb