Perverting the NORM

First, allow me to post this in Miri Community. Not that I want to insinuate or insult anyone or make artistry of any forms of sarcasm, none of that, not even trying to make a profit as one suggested or that I have indulged in plagiarism coming from another. I did that for a purpose, not the norm. Called me what you may, write what you may, silly ones sometimes, it will not affect me one bit. It shows that you are all Mirians, full of vigour, spirit and minds of your own. Whatever religion you embrace or is a pagan or atheist for that matter, its your right to choose.
The realms of life span beyond reasonable thoughts, the mind allows us to question, reject, follow and destroy even the normal things created by mankind. In many instances, you would notice that people pay attention to those individuals or things that are out of the norm. When those doing it arent right captures the attention of the system and makes it popular, the effect is virtually profitable. Miri Community survives on its popularity.
The power of the mind, its creativity, sensitiveness, mindfulness, mindlessness could could take whatever everyone else is doing in their industry and turn it inside out and upside down, for better or for worst. This is not just about differentiation, that is to say trying to be different but its about perverting the norm, sometimes destroying sacred traditions, and certainly screwing with the way people think. You may attribute it to something you do, say, or living out of the extraordinary, in ways so completely unexpected that people cant help but pay attention to.
The air we breathe in is as rotten as life itself this makes you think that most people spend their lives breathing stale, recycled air, and then spending time to find ways to make the air clean again. Maybe its a controversial statement, maybe not. You think, it’s your perception, make the best of it :smiley: God Bless you. ju2u

i tot NORM

natural occurence of radioactive materials…

ju2u…may i know ur profession?

"Its not just about differentiation; its about perverting the norm, destroying sacred traditions, and screwing with the way people think. " taken from http://www.copyblogger.com/the-courage-to-be-wrong/

Will it kill you to write ‘As I’ve read from http://www.copyblogger.com/the-courage-to-be-wrong/, “Its not just about differentiation; its about perverting the norm, destroying sacred traditions, and screwing with the way people think.”’?

I ponder on your legitimacy as a lecturer. You should know better than to just cut and paste, even if it’s on the forums. I’ve seen people around this forum, no, around the internet, people who’s received far less education that you, and yet they always manage to find words of their own to express their thoughts. It really irks me to see people plagiarise, especially those who are working as educators. Also, that ego of yours, better tone it down.

"Its not just about differentiation; its about perverting the norm, destroying sacred traditions, and screwing with the way people think. " taken from http://www.copyblogger.com/the-courage-to-be-wrong/

Will it kill you to write ‘As I’ve read from http://www.copyblogger.com/the-courage-to-be-wrong/, “Its not just about differentiation; its about perverting the norm, destroying sacred traditions, and screwing with the way people think.”’?

I ponder on your legitimacy as a lecturer. You should know better than to just cut and paste, even if it’s on the forums. I’ve seen people around this forum, no, around the internet, people who’s received far less education that you, and yet they always manage to find words of their own to express their thoughts. It really irks me to see people plagiarise, especially those who are working as educators. Also, that ego of yours, better tone it down.[/quote]

better still, don’t reply to all of his/her topics. abis crita.

I ponder on your legitimacy as a lecturer. You should know better than to just cut and paste, even if it’s on the forums. I’ve seen people around this forum, no, around the internet, people who’s received far less education that you, and yet they always manage to find words of their own to express their thoughts. It really irks me to see people plagiarise, especially those who are working as educators. Also, that ego of yours, better tone it down.[/quote]

Loong, the topic is not about plagiarism, which is not uncommon anyway in any college or U, students copy here and there, more so in forums people google, copy and cut and paste, what’s the fuss about? Neither do you want to get personal in forums, talking about egos and the like. I am sorry for an educated person to behave as such, finding faults in entertaining yourself. Anyway, God Bless you. :lol:

No I disagree, it’s just that when you cease expressing your thoughts with your own words, you ceased being you, when you ceased being you, an empty spam bot is doing the posting for you.

On topic now.
What is the norm? What is perverting it? Is it a new and unexplored idea? (just an example, please bear with me). Think about when Galileo Galilei proposed the sun is the center of universe (then the solar system was as far as we went), the church accused him of screwing with nature set by god, as according to Psalm 93:1, Psalm 96:10, and 1 Chronicles 16:30 include (depending on translation) text stating that “the world is firmly established, it cannot be moved.” and also Psalm 104:5 says, "the LORD set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved."Another phrase would be Ecclesiastes 1:5, which states that “And the sun rises and sets and returns to its place” (Don’t blame the people then, it was just the NORM as of that period of time.)

For the people then, Galileo was perverting the norm and he paid dearly for it. His work was not published until 76 years after his death due to the ban from the inquisition. Even after that, the Vatican did not officially apologized to Galileo until 1992 when Pope John Paul II (Who was a really a charismatic wise man. Even some atheist that I know respect him despite the pope part of him.) finally made a declaration acknowledging that the church was in fact, at fault. So the norm changed, so the public opinion changed, so after 76 years Galileo died, he stopped perverting the norm. Now the public is ready to accept the fact that his ideas and his researches were in fact correct, thus making it the norm.

Another good example would be how discrimination against Africans used to be the norm in America. When the tide of change came along, it was used as one of an excuse to start a civil war between the north and the south. Abraham Lincoln himself spoke out against African slavery and changed everything. You remember how that ended? He received a bullet in the head by someone who thinks he is perverting the norm. Easy as that.

So when someone presents something that disagree or even opposes whatever it is you believe to be the norm, would you act like how people did almost 400 years ago, or would you open your mind to something new. As for me, I enjoy having discussions with deeply religious people, the more they tell me, the more I would know, the more I know, the more I know where to start when doing researches of things I absolutely have no idea of.

Don’t argue with idiots. They’ll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

i like ur signature. :mrgreen:
just ignore those negative thinkers their need to have the world behave according to their wishes. They have never grown up and still live with childish demands. Whenever people and the world fail to act according to their selfish wishes, they are unhappy. Such a poisonous attitude prevents them from growing and learning how to cope with life’s challenges.

Students in colleges and universities do copy and paste in their coursework, but at least they have the decency to cite references. I guess you know this better than I do since you claimed you were a lecturer.

And from my point of view, what Loong did has nothing to do with entertaining himself. He is just finding it hard to understand a person with of such dignity would not even make time for referencing. Since you admitted that it is your fault, then why don’t you correct yourself instead of having a go at Loong? Read this sentence clearly “I am sorry for an educated person to behave as such”(quoted from ju2u) and think carefully whether it is better applied to you more rather than him.

[quote=“rabbit75”]

Don’t argue with idiots. They’ll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

just ignore those negative thinkers their need to have the world behave according to their wishes. They have never grown up and still live with childish demands. Whenever people and the world fail to act according to their selfish wishes, they are unhappy. Such a poisonous attitude prevents them from growing and learning how to cope with life’s challenges.[/quote]

That is there to remind myself not to stoop too low in order to get the message across. You know what happens when one who is not verse in the art of idiocy attempts that :lol: All hell breaks loose

[quote=“rabbit75”]

just ignore those negative thinkers their need to have the world behave according to their wishes. They have never grown up and still live with childish demands. Whenever people and the world fail to act according to their selfish wishes, they are unhappy. Such a poisonous attitude prevents them from growing and learning how to cope with life’s challenges.[/quote]
hush we mustn’t criticize other as that will reflect back to our self, we should accept their existence and acknowledge their idea, that way they maybe can see things our way too. Being violent or destructive in criticism is a double edge sword, it hurt other and it hurt yourself and it generate hate. So be gentle with word but stern in belief. Whatever that norm is nowadays can be embrace as there must be a story behind it but discarded when it violate humanity.

But fortunately, no one here, despite varying educational standings, deserves the title of an idiot. And for that I’m glad.

However an ‘idiot’ would mean a person unable to portray his view with a rational thought, and so their existence is already accepted (due to amount of people criticizing him later on) but their idea sometimes are breaching the realm of pink unicorns and dragons.

wow…flamebait? whats the purpose of this thread? raise awareness? As a human, im curious.

I just took time to read the blog, indeed a masterpiece (Mohawk doggy!!!). But with JU2U’s opening post, it also reminded me how humans can take raw chunks out the most beautiful of things and skewer it into an abomination.

[quote=“Cookie!!”]But fortunately, no one here, despite varying educational standings, deserves the title of an idiot. And for that I’m glad.

However an ‘idiot’ would mean a person unable to portray his view with a rational thought, and so their existence is already accepted (due to amount of people criticizing him later on) but their idea sometimes are breaching the realm of pink unicorns and dragons.[/quote]

Cookie is one big idiot calling another an idiot 5=5

if you hate the guy, why must you tow his thread. how silly you have been, falling into the trap.

Seriously stop with the trolling, you seriously suck at it and I hope you fix your reading difficulties that would certainly prove to be a burden to your ability in reading English signboards in real life.

haha, Cookie fits in to the picture just right .

And from my point of view, what Loong did has nothing to do with entertaining himself. He is just finding it hard to understand a person with of such dignity would not even make time for referencing. Since you admitted that it is your fault, then why don’t you correct yourself instead of having a go at Loong? Read this sentence clearly “I am sorry for an educated person to behave as such”(quoted from ju2u) and think carefully whether it is better applied to you more rather than him.[/quote]
“I am sorry for an educated person to behave as such,…” - ju2u is not making reference to himself.
“Since you admitted that it is your fault,…” - you have misinterpreted this Ronaldo.
About the entertaining business, there’s no harm in that becos we all do it everyday.

[quote=“suhai”][quote=“Cookie!!”]But fortunately, no one here, despite varying educational standings, deserves the title of an idiot. And for that I’m glad.

However an ‘idiot’ would mean a person unable to portray his view with a rational thought, and so their existence is already accepted (due to amount of people criticizing him later on) but their idea sometimes are breaching the realm of pink unicorns and dragons.[/quote]

Cookie is one big idiot calling another an idiot 5=5[/quote]

:lol: respond to an idiot make no different as an idoit ur self. leave him/them if u dislike him /she why you wanna stuck ur head inside his/ her butt anyway.
busybody always look for opputtunity to dig up others people fault, mistake just to praise them self.