Partnership with UK varsity proves beneficial to FIC’s DipOSH grads

Tan delivers her presentation during the preview at FIC.

Tan delivers her presentation during the preview at FIC.

MIRI: The graduates of Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health (DipOSH) from Fajar International College (FIC) have proven that they are able to assimilate well in the final-year degree programme at Middlesex University, UK.

Moreover, many of them have managed to catch the attention from a number of renowned international firms after completing their studies.

According to Middlesex University – Asia Pacific Regional Hub (Malaysia Office) international education consultant Shirley Tan, the university has built a strong partnership with FIC in which the DipOSH graduates can enter to the final-year degree programme in OSH and complete it within a year. “This arrangement creates an ideal pathway to FIC’s DipOSH graduates who want to further their studies in the UK, without incurring too much costs and wasting tremendous time,” she said during a special preview at FIC recently, which attracted some 80 students.

The preview, said Tan, was aimed at providing information about Middlesex University and its final-year degree programme available for DipOSH graduates from FIC.

“The university recognises the DipOSH from FIC, as it is accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) and recognised by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) UK.

“So far, FIC is the only college in East Malaysia that offers DipOSH programme that comes with recognition from Department of Occupational Safety and Health (DOSH), MQA and IOSH-UK.

“As such, graduates can register themselves as safety and health officers with DOSH, upon completion of three years of relevant working experience. It is imperative that present and prospective students take this into consideration, because only DipOSH graduates who are recognised and endorsed by DOSH could register to become safety health officers,” she said, adding that upon approval from DOSH, each officer would be issued with a safety passport known as the ‘Green Book’.

For enquiries, call 085-491448 or email to query@kolejfajar.edu.my. Alternatively, registration for FIC programme can also be done online via www.fic.edu.my.

LikeTweet

Source: http://miri.my/2016/03/28/partnership-with-uk-varsity-proves-beneficial-to-fics-diposh-grads/