Pantang iban (Tattoo)

Marking life’s journey

And within these tribes there used to be the tradition of tattooing (a dying culture but there are efforts to preserve this). In this culture tattoos are symbols of achievements, of obstacles surmounted through life’s journey.

And this journey starts from the age of as young as 10 to 12. The first tattoo, the Bunga Terung (eggplant flower), marks the start of a journey called bejalai, the mark of a passage from boyhood into manhood. The Bunga Terung has a spiral at the center of the eggplant flower the Tali Nyawa, which means “the rope of life” and is identical to the underside of a tadpole which symbolizes the beginning of a new life.

Tattoos tell of where a man came from…
where he’s been… what he’s experienced
Tattoos are like a diary. The young man would go out on his own to find knowledge. As he travels he is marked by the tattoos that not only tell of where he came from but also where he has been.

For each place the tattoos will have different styles and so the regional differences would tell of his journeys in life.
Marking life’s journey

And within these tribes there used to be the tradition of tattooing (a dying culture but there are efforts to preserve this). In this culture tattoos are symbols of achievements, of obstacles surmounted through life’s journey.

And this journey starts from the age of as young as 10 to 12. The first tattoo, the Bunga Terung (eggplant flower), marks the start of a journey called bejalai, the mark of a passage from boyhood into manhood. The Bunga Terung has a spiral at the center of the eggplant flower the Tali Nyawa, which means “the rope of life” and is identical to the underside of a tadpole which symbolizes the beginning of a new life.

Tattoos tell of where a man came from…
where he’s been… what he’s experienced
Tattoos are like a diary. The young man would go out on his own to find knowledge. As he travels he is marked by the tattoos that not only tell of where he came from but also where he has been.

For each place the tattoos will have different styles and so the regional differences would tell of his journeys in life.

And Thank You Very Much for the info given.

:roll: :?: :?: :?: Am I do something wrong in MCnet?[/quote]

anang takut, nadai hal nya wai. aku kak tunik dih :slight_smile:

‘tundi’…ukai ‘tunik’…

Steady coolman_wrx, polish2 ka diak meh bahasa iban nuan. :wink:

Greetings,we are tattoo equipment supplier from camsupply,USA.
we had a branch at Kuala Lumpur ,Malaysia.We are a Manufacturer,
Distributor and Wholesaler of the of Tattoo, Piercing,
Permanent Makeup and Medical Supplies and Equipment for Professionals.

We carry an unbeatable extensive line of products for your professional
tattooing and piercing needs, and we specialize in the manufacture of
high quality tattoo needles and piercing needles at unbeatable prices.

kindly visit our website at:

http://www.cammalaysia.com

our store is located at:

No 16,jalan USJ 1/1c,Regalia Business Centre,
47500 Subang Jaya,Selangor D.E,Malaysia

Its A Pleasure For Us To Serve You Better.

Regards,

Moon De Cerine
Cam Supply (M) Sdn. Bhd.
Tel:+60122884779
Fax:+60380239634
Msn:cookiefunk@hotmail.com
Email:cammalaysia@aol.com
http://www.cammalaysia.com

at last…found forum talk about iban tattoo…hi guys!!

care to share with us on your arm tattoo, divineqb?

oh…well…this design is call “ketam lengan”…done by ernesto frm borneo headhunter in 2007…this is my 1st tattoo…planning to have more…for my 2nd tattoo i plan to have “bungai terung” after this…it suppose to be “bungai terung” that i should do 1st coz “bungai terung” is the symbol of the beginning of “bejalai” and life…

[quote=“haroldz”]try to find tattoo artist in kuching
his shop in near waterfront
Borneo post mag once published an article about him
he even appeared in that National Geo about iban tattoo[/quote]

hahah i know who do you mean by that ma…he is ENERSTO yes his studio are nearby waterfront…and he appear twice i newspaper…he is iban mix…studie oversea…visited his studio few times…he is also a singer…under the name of NADAI SAPA NYAPA…famous with the 1001 album…last year price for bungai terung a couple is rm300 each…means rm600 that the last price i knw…dx knw how much now…and he got 2 ways of tatooing theres…the modern way (machine) or traditional way (hitting stick) and traditional way are more expensive…a japanese guy once make a pair of bungai terung black colour traditional way coz him rm3k…hahahah

Nadai tusah ngaga pantang iban. Resepi ya cuma jarum gau aruk kali. Unsut aruk kali ba bungai ka digaga nuan gau pen, udahnya acuk gau jarum sampai ba isi. Nyadi la pantang iban.

hahahah ka bungai tayar nyamai g ngaga ia, amt meh nakal ngetat ka ia…tan ka aja lengan ba jalai asuh bala kaban lunjak ngena kerita ka…ama ka besai g asuh kaban lunjak ngena luri balat agi bekau ia kahakhkah…nyalah diatok maioh amt org ka nemu bpantang pemilih aja ka ke mal ka murah…to plai ke kch ka ngaga simpai ba legan t nda ba betis meda baka…ba kaban mudah aja beli apek sebutul ia ok aja hahahhah

Beli ink ba kedai tatooo dah nya tatoo ngena dinamo mit uji deka nsaguh bungai pantang alus.

Nemu ndar nuan orlando…hehehe

nama rita indudara…lama lesap baka ai beer maia bc bc maia nadai ndai hahahahah mehi kehisemas…ngau taun bahu

Art of tattoo is not something that can be learned quickly. It requires some skill in drawing and painting, patience and lots of practice, which could take years to develop.

Sapa meh ko panggauboyz nyak, anang empelah randau bala mayuh nuan igat…

The art of tattooing has come so far in recent years yet. Girls always ask me what they should do tattoos or what I think are the hottest tattoos for girls.

Tattoo Equipment

Tattoo Machines