Pajero stolen this morning at Civic Center (6th Sept 08)

My parents’ friend’s Pajero got stolen from Civic Center this morning. Add this to the list of cars stolen in Miri every single day. Congratulations.

aaaaaaaaaaappppppppppppuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Hmmn ian, I recall this is not the first instance your family got a car stolen?

This is getting worse… hmm.

stolen again.

Not my family’s, family friends’. A few weeks ago a friend who’d just moved in had his house broken in.

All around me people have been victimized a lot lately. It just doesn’t project a very confident feeling about security?

thieves target the weakest link in the fence

let me guess…Pajero was over 10 years old and opened with a 20 sen coin

haizz…my family’s pajero was also stolen few yrs back from Senadin Lou Bien Tang…
never recovered

The local media has a role to play to report all crimes reported so people are aware and be alert when certain types of criminals are active. I just hope the authorities do not try to cover up for the sake of tourist Ringgit. Miri is not crime free and if we try to hide these crimes under the carpet, the situation will get worse, not better.

If the authority expects the people to help in crime fighting or preventing crimes, please encourage the media to help out by reporting them so people are alert and will do something to prevent them from happening.

It would be a good idea if when a vehicle is stolen and any MC forumer knows about it, he/she can post it here to alert all MC forumers here. There is a chance, albeit a slim one, one of the MC forumers may have seen the vehicle somewhere or being driven somewhere. Provide enough details like brand, model, Reg. number, colour, markings etc, anything that may help. E.g. if a car is stolen in Miri and is being driven to Bintulu, the posting will also alert those currently in Bintulu to be on the look out.

Being a member of this MC, we should also play our part as best as we can to prevent crime.

Aiyoo…which part of Civic Center did he parked? I used to park my car there when i was working at the main office. Now i work at another branch but i know most of my colleagues park their car there everyday. Its the only free parking space available… the rest have to pay…

aiyo…really make me shame la if alwaqys got stolen…sure ppl comment miri not safe again(but its true)…hopefully be coperate la all mata2

[quote=“b3@N2311”]The local media has a role to play to report all crimes reported so people are aware and be alert when certain types of criminals are active. I just hope the authorities do not try to cover up for the sake of tourist Ringgit. Miri is not crime free and if we try to hide these crimes under the carpet, the situation will get worse, not better.

If the authority expects the people to help in crime fighting or preventing crimes, please encourage the media to help out by reporting them so people are alert and will do something to prevent them from happening.

It would be a good idea if when a vehicle is stolen and any MC forumer knows about it, he/she can post it here to alert all MC forumers here. There is a chance, albeit a slim one, one of the MC forumers may have seen the vehicle somewhere or being driven somewhere. Provide enough details like brand, model, Reg. number, colour, markings etc, anything that may help. E.g. if a car is stolen in Miri and is being driven to Bintulu, the posting will also alert those currently in Bintulu to be on the look out.

Being a member of this MC, we should also play our part as best as we can to prevent crime.[/quote]

yah tats true…miri is not free crime…more worst…so if u all always said I LOVE MIRI…lets do it…lets try to reduce the crime…dont just quiet when u see the crime then still said that our place r free of crime and complaining others city got very bad crime record then our bloved miri…

Most of the stolen cars maybe known by the person stealing it.

Did you ever sent your car for car wash or servicing? most likey they are the ones who did it…probably.

errrr allokitty, your statment above may offended alot of mechanic/technician out there especially for the member here tat work at William Brother Workshop :mrgreen:, anyway i think you got a point there :mrgreen:

It’s not necessarily the car wash / workshop etc business, the employers may not be aware of the what the employees are up to.

my car,i dont think he even want to take a second look on it…and its hard to start…hahaha…steal also not much value…