Owner, 8 workers stable after chlorine gas leak at scrap metal yard


(theborneopost.com) #1

MIRI: The owner of a scrap metal yard was rushed to hospital along with eight of his workers after they were exposed to chlorine gas

Bomba personnel address the gas leak at the scrap yard.

yesterday.

The incident happened around 10am at the site in Lutong when an excavator accidentally ran over a chlorine gas cylinder, causing a leak.

The leak went unnoticed until the owner and his workers began experiencing dizziness, with several of them subsequently fainting.

Of the eight affected workers, two are Indonesians while another is from Bangladesh. The rest are locals.

All victims were reported to be in stable condition following treatment at Miri Hospital.

Personnel from the Fire and Rescue Department (Bomba) here were deployed to the scene to deal with the gas leak.

Source: http://www.theborneopost.com/2018/10/10/owner-8-workers-stable-after-chlorine-gas-leak-at-scrap-metal-yard/