Opinions Please (& help of course)

Hi everyone, ok I’m posting this cus I’d like to know what sort of job opportunities are there in Miri. I’m a S’porean actually who met my gf while she was working there & she’s going back 2 Miri cus she had to take care of her family. :frowning:

Right so anyway she has decided NOT to return to SG, problem is I’m planning to marry her next year but she WILL NOT be settling in sg so i would have to settle in Miri permernantly (which isn’t really a bad thing) :smiley:

So what I’d like to know (since I’m not engineering trained) is what type of opportunities can I expect here (i.e any particular job type, besides engrg of cos). Some info is that I graduated with a degree in Marketing (Hons) & have about 5 years of exp in Sales (2 years) & mktg (3+ years w/1 1/2 years in mgt position). Mostly doing marketing campaigns, business development, marketing operations & planning & events.

Thx in advance for any helpful feedback, I’m indebted to you guys…& sorry for the long post :lol:

I dont think you’ll have any trouble securing a jobs in Miri.

Ask your GF to check local newspaper for any vacancies around Miri. But you could first look at Visas, Imigration related matter first.

iqmedia

Aye thanks for the info Iqmedia. Ya she’s been telling me can consider teaching. :shock: well actually i thought about that too since i’m ok with english, mandarin & bahasa melayu.

Just wanted to know if there are any toher alternatives besides that…just in case ma. :smiley:

Ya checked out the immigration details already, employment pass matters only, which hopefully shouldn’t be too much of a problem.

What type of company have worked for before? Maybe that will be much easier 'cos there’s a lot of company in need of marketing ppl now, i guess. U can try housing development, or at any colleges or university in Miri. No harm applying man.

with ur experience, shouldn’t be a problem…have u try searching in jobstreet.com.my or jobsdb.com.my maybe u also can consider teaching in curtin. but remember, do not convert wat u earn in singapore into Malaysian Ringgit…u have been warn…

T_T

Yer i get tt piece of advice alot…lol thx que

One more thing…dun kiasu… ehhehe :wink:

You will find food in sarawak is much better & unique than in west m’sia. Believe me. I love eating & i know some good place to eat here in miri :wink:

[quote=“Apai_Mau”]You will find food in sarawak is much better & unique than in west m’sia. Believe me. I love eating & i know some good place to eat here in miri ;)[/quote]Ehehehehe, with so many cultures around in e-m’sia, tt i believe