Omron HEM-7111

Bought it for my parents but i’m doubtful about the accuracy. We compared with the older type (Mercury).

Mercury read 180/140, HEM-7111 read 130/105.

We went back to the pharmacy, they said HEM-7111 is more accurate. :frowning:

Anybody using this?

what do you mean by Mercury? you mean the analogue type?
OMRON brand kinda accurate. then again, old analogue type require precision hearing & pulse counting. but either way, your parents should go for monthly check with doctor. those readings kinda worrying.

OMRON is one of the industry’s biggest programmable logic controllers. they are very accurate. we even use omron equipment offshore and they are at the same level as siemens.

Omron Brand is really good. There is no doubt about there accuracy. I use an M2 for around a year now, and I can say that Omron products are really good.

[quote=“J.Howard”]what do you mean by Mercury? you mean the analogue type?
OMRON brand kinda accurate. then again, old analogue type require precision hearing & pulse counting. but either way, your parents should go for monthly check with doctor. those readings kinda worrying.[/quote]
yes, they got appointment with poliklinik every 3 months. however, we also want to monitor their reading daily at home for safety reason.

how you make the comparisson? you can bring the digital one along to the policlinic & use both to compare the result.
anyhow, it just for monitoring. you should check for the symptom & make sure they take meds as instructed.

i have stroke patient in my house & become a vegie i.e, half body paralyse after right brain surgery 3 years ago.

i have Tensoval model to monitor but not that reliable due to it taking measurement from wrist. it tend to give a higher reading. then again, just for weekly monitoring. anything, i can refer & ask the doctor. from the pic, i can tell it take measurement from upper arm. much accurate than taking measurement from wrist. i’m bought the wrist-model due to compactness. to be honest, it cost RM100 more. if your parents still able body, let 'em do simple exercise.

also we should monitor our bp too…my vegied-mom-in-law serve as a reminder of excessive drinking, no exercise & refusing to see a doctor even for a serious headache.

Just want to know if you follow the instructions. Very simple the hose connecting to the arm band must be above the largest vein. Readings taken from different arm height might differ. The user must sit down and relax about 30mins before taking the measurements.

[quote=“JAIS”]Bought it for my parents but i’m doubtful about the accuracy. We compared with the older type (Mercury).

Mercury read 180/140, HEM-7111 read 130/105.

We went back to the pharmacy, they said HEM-7111 is more accurate. :frowning:

Anybody using this?[/quote]

Hey, how much u buy the BP tester?

depending on model & type, price range RM150 - R400.

correct.

yes we did.

Omron Blood pressure monitor is calibrated + - 5mmHg. Both system are accurate to their specification assuming
the process to obtain blood pressure reading is correctly done.
Some doctors claim that Omron usually shows lower reading of 5 - 10 mmHg.
Propose to obtain several readings to establish a cycle i.e the high & low readings as the heart operates like a pump
and the readings will be cyclic.