Oil palm clones (tissue culture). will you buy?

Hi all,

I would like to gather more information through this forum and hopefully you all can help me out here, especially those owning oil palm plantation estate. Well, only one simple question/idea to be proposed here and i humbly need some feedbacks or comments;

[size=150]WILL YOU/YOUR COMPANY BUY AN OIL PALM CLONE WHICH COST ABOUT RM 30 PER CLONE WHILE A NORMAL OIL PALM ONLY COST RM 5?[/size]

The promise of the outcome as stated below;

• about 30% increase of yield per hectare unit per year.

• that gives you yield of about 11tonnes/hectare/yr.

• Require less acreage of land and have higher output.

• these clones utilize fertilizer a lot more efficiently than the normal one.

Thus, you all can work out the profit and loss and do let me know if this idea works and the most importantly, [b]ARE YOU WILLING TO BUY?[/b] And of course there will be a lab based in Miri by then for a mass production scale. I think Biotechnology is the Business of the Future. Thanks a lot for your time. Feel free to approach me at [alastairting@gmail.com](alastairting@gmail.com)

I think there are quite a few plantation companies testing out the clonal seedlings at the moment. And the outcome of the tests shall reveal only after 3 years + until harvesting activities start. So, by then, these companies may consider buying these expensive seedlings at large scale.

P/S: Nanotechnology would be the business of the future, just my opinion.