Offshore need is?

hi everyone,may i know if in SPM and some knowledge in computer can get a offshore job?how about the TA at petra (miri)

yuyu82, we have a bit of discussion abt this offshore works before in other thread… and u may find some information on those link below…

http://www.miricommunity.net/viewtopic.php?t=8255

http://www.miricommunity.net/viewtopic.php?t=8477

As to answer your queries, I think nowaday… it is quite hard to get a job with those qualification but…but… can try… never know kan… and one thing for sure… never give up…ok…good luck to u… :wink:

it’s not how high your qualification is.
it’s how high you are compared to the others who want the job at least at much as you…!

It is possible cause there is jobs for different qualification. You can ask for operator position with sub company like Schlumberger, Baker Atlas and etc.
But it involves alot of physical work.

but usually if ask for offshore job, they put aside your education qualification and ask about your working experience. i remember last time i go Bayong Resources for an interview, they direct ask me “Do you have any working experience in oil and gas industry? For how long?” and i go “What?I just finish my Dipl, but if you give me this job sure i say just started.” :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers … Welcome to MC.Net

i even said “If you don’t give me a chances to do it, how can i know that i can’t do the work? More over, if gave me this job, so this will be my experience”… :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: you’re right antujelu. If not given the opportunities, how in hell can we have any experience in that site. :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote=“antujelu”]
i even said “If you don’t give me a chances to do it, how can i know that i can’t do the work? More over, if gave me this job, so this will be my experience”… [/quote]

so since dozens or even hundreds of fresh school leaver will say the same thing, why should an employer hire you instead of the next guy?

maybe its because the next guy also the same. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did u get the job?

This remind me of a situation, where my fren went for a oral test bfore joining a English tuition class…

Tutor: Your english is not good and you did not pass the essay test.
My Friend: That is why I come to your tuition class!

He was directly accepted. The tuition centre set up a certain level of standard that is why they have an oral test before accepting student. :lol: :lol: :lol:

can try.
i got a friend he owned diploma in business.
now he is working at petra.
his performance quite well even though he got no engineering background.
but with SPM your carreer enhancement will be limited.
try to apply first, if you can get in try to learn as much as you can… and use the money to get a diploma and then degree.

Same thing. Always say you got no experience.