Nod to build RM70mil bridge in Kg Long Lama

Making plans: Dr
Ahmad Zahid looking at a map while crossing the Baram river using the ferry
service while on the way to visit Kampung Long Lama in Miri. Also present was
Ismail (second from left). — Bernama

Making plans: Dr Ahmad Zahid looking at a map while crossing the Baram river using the ferry service while on the way to visit Kampung Long Lama in Miri. Also present was Ismail (second from left). — Bernama

MIRI: The Telang Usan folk will enjoy better transport connectivity following an allocation of RM70mil to build a bridge in Kampung Long Lama here.

Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi said the Government had given its consent as there was a need to build the bridge to ensure better access for the constituents.

“After experiencing the ferry service myself, I spoke to Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob (Rural and Regional Development Minister) about building a bridge quickly.

“Later, I contacted Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak and he immediately approved an allocation of RM70mil,” he said after launching a project to upgrade a logging road in Long Lama.

The long-awaited bridge is expected to open up Baram to more business opportunities, and ease travelling among rural folk in the area who often cross the Baram river to get to the town.

Zahid earlier tried the ferry services that were used by the people for their transportation to visit two villages separated by Sungai Baram.

Barisan Nasional’s PBB candidate Dennis Ngau will face off with Roland Enggan from PKR for the Telang Usan seat.

LikeTweet

Source: http://miri.my/2016/04/29/nod-to-build-rm70mil-bridge-in-kg-long-lama/